Tip.it Times Presents: Letters to the Editor #8

MPM

Lortek - great big huge congratulations on the skillcape :thumbsup:

I don't have one but I love doing quests so I will probably make it a goal eventually.

I can really identify with the issues raised in these articles. Although I've played for a long time, my stats are a lot lower than most of my friends' because I tend to take a lot of time off skilling or doing quests just to go exploring the world or doing useless things for fun.

eggfight.jpg

Is it just me or is the did you know was already used in a previous article =/

If you didn't see it, here it is...

Did You Know...

... that poison can be removed from weapons using a cleaning cloth (piece of silk soaked in Karamjan rum).

The first article was kinda wierd because I enjoy and still enjoy my cape even 2 months after I got it.

But sad because he quit.

The 2nd article was a very good read. It got me thinking

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

dude i know how you feel...

i recently got 1000 total level, so i messaged my friend and hes like "OMG W000t!!" and i was like "ya its great, huh?" and hes like "ya i just got a level 3 t trail!!"

currently going for 99 wcing....

not very close.

p.s. im a forum noob so i have no idea how to put a cool pic or link here =(

D_V_Devnull wrote:

Great Letters... but the following is a problem...

Tip.It Times - Letters to the Editor #8 wrote:

Did You Know...

... that free players can use the Shantay Pass bank chest? It's great for fishing along the desert river.

That "Shantay Chest" does not work on F2P. It never did in the past either. Someone needs to scold The Editor, or whoever manages those, about their mistake.

~Mr. Devnull

Maybe it works for members on a f2p server?Did you think about that ? I don't know though because I'm f2p... And somebody should scold the editor.

But, great letters!

It doesnt work for us in a f2p server, we (members) have benefits only in p2p servers, the only difference between us and f2pers in a f2p server is that we can wear members armour (but just for looking good, cause it doesnt raise your stats).

Btw, good letters, but i still prefer edtor`s articles or interviews, please change it back to how it was.

I 100% agree with these statements, nice articles both :XD:

I also agree that quest cape is THE achievement, to me it shows a lot more then a 99 what is for a big part just grinding and spending hours.

Very nice done: getting the cape!

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

Both were a great read. I laughed when I read the part about the friend being so apathetic about the writer achieving the quest cape. The same thing happened to me. So, I'm trying for a firecape now, perhaps that'll earn me a couple of 'wow!'s. Or, perhaps not.. :?

When I read the Editor's article, I kind if felt like something in it wasn't right. These letters filled the gap to a balanced thought about Runescape. The letter by Editor was too much on the "skilling ain't really that fun" side. So thanks a lot for these new letters! <3:

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Thanks for the new letters! But how come they were both written by the same person? Anyway, they were both worth reading, and if I hadn't seen the names at the bottom of the letters, I wouldn't have known they were written by the same guy.

I didn't write the first letter...only the second. I didn't expect them to publish a "chicken feather" either. lol. Though I have used this site and read articles for quite some time. Thanks Tip.It for reading my letter.

Thanks for submitting your letter though jp7725. It just goes to show how you don't need to be the strongest, richest or most accomplished player to contribute to other players' enjoyment of the game.

Regardless, I enjoyed reading it. It's a timely reminder to take time to relax and enjoy each of our individual achievements.

While it's great to share these moments in-game with friends, often one's own real life commitments, and the fact our in-game friends too have lives of their own means friends can't be there forever.

Once again we stand on the Well of Voyage surrounded by the remnants of our enemies. All our efforts bring us to these endings alone wondering when we'll next feel the excitement and wonder of the unknown and unimaginable dangers of the darkness surrounding us. Or when, or if, we'll ever see the light on waters of the River Lum again.

Regards,

Fey.

feywarriorgreenlu9.gif

banneruh3.jpg