Tip.it Times Presents: Letters to the Editor #8

MPM

Thanks for the new letters! But how come they were both written by the same person? Anyway, they were both worth reading, and if I hadn't seen the names at the bottom of the letters, I wouldn't have known they were written by the same guy.

Oh, and what happened to the Friday times? Is it the Sunday times now?

mind my rudeness, but the Shantay Pass chest can not be used by free players, as mentioned at the bottom of the letters page.

about the letters - its always good to read some intelligent writings about the game, so keep them coming.

This is the world we live in

And these are the hands we're given

Use them and lets start trying

To make it a place worth living in

I enjoyed reading them, though they pretty much said the same thing.

I agree. They're making the same point, but one is taking the emotional way and the other one the rational way. It was interesting to see two different ways of convincing though.

I have to admit that the articles about this topic have changed my way of playing. I stopped grinding for hours on the same skill and get a max of 5 levels at the time. And I do have a lot more fun, I even level faster, because I can keep my 100% whole attention to the game. That's also why I've fallen in love with farming, it breaks up the monitory!

So thank you people, for opening my eyes!

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Ahh... Some smart, considerate letters :)

I agree completly with both of them, RS is meant to be fun! :thumbsup:

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I usually try to work on random different skills at random different times. Randomly. If i get bored of runescape, i take a break for a week, when i play again it's like a whole new game. Everyone should do that now and then, you'll notice a difference.

Also, one little mistake that i know has already been pointed out, we cant use the shantay pass bank chest, the infamous: You need to be on a member's server to do this message shows up.

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

The first letter really stuck out to me, although both were great, it really reflected the way runescape show be fun, and not always a task to gain a level, or money goal, or anything like that.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Great Letters... but the following is a problem...

Did You Know...

... that free players can use the Shantay Pass bank chest? It's great for fishing along the desert river.

That "Shantay Chest" does not work on F2P. It never did in the past either. Someone needs to scold The Editor, or whoever manages those, about their mistake.

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Great Letters... but the following is a problem...

Did You Know...

... that free players can use the Shantay Pass bank chest? It's great for fishing along the desert river.

That "Shantay Chest" does not work on F2P. It never did in the past either. Someone needs to scold The Editor, or whoever manages those, about their mistake.

~Mr. Devnull

Maybe it works for members on a f2p server?Did you think about that :-s ? I don't know though because I'm f2p... :uhh: And somebody should scold the editor. :roll:

But, great letters! =D>

http://forum.tip.it/topic/173173-engineer-skill-and-railroads/<<Click! I support! Click!

.-- .... -.-- .- .-. . -.-- --- ..- .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. - .... .. ... ..--..

Thanks for the new letters! But how come they were both written by the same person? Anyway, they were both worth reading, and if I hadn't seen the names at the bottom of the letters, I wouldn't have known they were written by the same guy.

I didn't write the first letter...only the second. I didn't expect them to publish a "chicken feather" either. lol. Though I have used this site and read articles for quite some time. Thanks Tip.It for reading my letter.

rssig2.png

These two letters were great. I enjoyed the first one because it explained how getting a goal may be fulfilling to you, but probably not to your friends. I agree with that. The second one was good too, but I think I liked the first one more.

It seems lots of people have opinions about the "What's your final goal in Runescape?" article :P

iHogi.png

Lortek grats on questcape :D I got one not too long ago... thankfully my friends said grats and havent quit yet so I still play... trying to grind away at getting 4.5mil... A.D.D. is a blessing on runescape I get bored and do something else instead of grinding mosttimes....

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The normal letters to the editor. -.- I'd rather have the tip it times every week. I remember coming home friday turning on my computer and hoping it would be an awesome times, which it usually was. Maybe an interview with a high level dude or something about quests. Now it's just 5 letters talking about the same thing.

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

Exactly! This is what I have been saying ever since I started playing runescape. Goals aren't worth achieving unless you find them fun, because fun is the whole point of this game. Who cares that I'm the only person in the world without a fletching cape? I just don't like fletching!

I do set goals for myself, yes, but only ones that I find fun to achieve. It's as simple as that really. I wouldn't like to boast about my new firemaking skillcape, because it would not be something I'd be proud to own.

Along the coast road, by the headland

The early lights of winter glow.

Ill pour a cup to you my darling.

Raise it up --- say cheerio.