Ray's Account Safety Idea.

RayOxide

Well, I was thinking, seeing as when you make accounts on some sites, and they give you options to set recovery questions...

Why don't we use those recovery questions on the Login page?

Example:

Name: Ray Skiller

Password: xxxxxx

Best Friends Name: Dylan

Pet Name: Tiger.

Etc.

I propose you should be able to set this if you want, being as many questions from 1 - 3. ::'

Discussion open.

Regards, R.O.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Would these questions be the same as the special ones for in the event of "hacker/lost pass"? :-s

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Sorry, but I think it's a bit of overkill. There's other, better ideas been suggested lately. This one is just too much sorry.

I did say it was optional. And plus, you can choose 1-3.

Also, people do complain alot. They do need more security though. And personally, I haven't seen a decent account defense since... ever...

Would these questions be the same as the special ones for in the event of "hacker/lost pass"?

No, you write your own questions and answers. So, even some of your friends wouldn't know.

If you got a keylogger, it won't help much. :|

Never thought of that... But, I think majority of hacks aren't even keyloggers...

If you got a keylogger, it won't help much. :|

Never thought of that... But, I think majority of hacks aren't even keyloggers...

From what i've seen the majority of hacks are by friends or siblings.

They watch what you type in then type it in themselves.

This might help a little as it is more for them to remember, but overall I don't think it will help much.

Hameigh.png

As someone said, not much use against keyloggers, i much prefer the idea of the bank pin-like code needed to log in as well as your acc name and password, which would be different from your bank pin.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

• 4 weeks later...
I don't support it.

Keyloggers will know your recovery questions too.

Not if you made the questions before you got the keylogger, and you do proper practices to keep your account secure. :P

~Mr. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Sorry, but I think it's a bit of overkill. There's other, better ideas been suggested lately. This one is just too much sorry.

Also, people do complain alot. They do need more security though. And personally, I haven't seen a decent account defense since... ever...

Would these questions be the same as the special ones for in the event of "hacker/lost pass"?

No, you write your own questions and answers. So, even some of your friends wouldn't know.

I wrote my own questions for that...

Everyone does. LOL :lol:

~Mr. Devnull

Well, I was thinking, seeing as when you make accounts on some sites, and they give you options to set recovery questions...

Why don't we use those recovery questions on the Login page?

Example:

Name: Ray Skiller

Password: xxxxxx

Best Friends Name: Dylan

Pet Name: Tiger.

Etc.

I propose you should be able to set this if you want, being as many questions from 1 - 3. ::'

Discussion open.

Regards, R.O.

I like that idea

Support

sycosis5.png

winterkingre4.png

I don't support it.

Keyloggers will know your recovery questions too.

Not if you made the questions before you got the keylogger, and you do proper practices to keep your account secure. :P

~Mr. Devnull

Even if you got keylogged after you made the questions it's still the same.

Anyway there are more kids playing than adults, so you still think they know how to secure their account?

FTP player.

Goal:

85/90 smithing. 12,000,000/100,000,000 coins.

Total hacked and scammed losses:

1 billion coins +/- (Not in today's currency).

Anyway there are more kids playing than adults, so you still think they know how to secure their account?

Smart kids do, but it looks like we'd have too many non-smart ones still crying. :(

Well, hey, maybe it'd teach them a lesson? :wink:

~Mr. Devnull

Everyone does. LOL :lol:

~Mr. Devnull

That's my point though.

~If it's optional, very few people would do it. If you get a keylogger, it will find out those answers, just as it will find out your other account information right now. Pretty much, it does no good. If you have a keylogger, you're hacked whether you have one more thing for the keylogger to keylog or not. It would confuse macroers for a while, so that's a plus, but there are other, better ways to do that.~

Our_Moon.png

This won't help much if you got a keylogger.

It will still find out everything needed to enter your acount.

A addition log in pin should help.

FTP player.

Goal:

85/90 smithing. 12,000,000/100,000,000 coins.

Total hacked and scammed losses:

1 billion coins +/- (Not in today's currency).