Gun Model [3D]

Keiphus

Kinda what I've been up to...

Playing around in Softimage today.... this was just from pure imagination... no pictures used at all...

13mv.gif

20yb.gif

36pv.gif

47mg.gif

Not textured yet so rendering would be kinda pointless...

Comments/crits/ideas welcome. :)

1st opening where the bullet comes out, the bottom one is the same size, a bit big for a laser sighter?

Magazine clip, at the end of it there are two trapazoid things, the bottom one shoulding be there and the top one should be straightened out.

But i like it, its cool :wink:

girlsigfi1.png

axeraider70.deviantART.com

Looking good so far keiph :)

To me it seems kind of like a USP almost, or a bit more "high tech" weapon. or more modern one.

Hopefully you will finish this one, i want to see the final product :)

I am assuming its meant to be a handgun firing actual bullets rather than a futuristic lazer pistol?

In that case the barrel should be round not squared as you have it in the front. Same would go for the squared area below it which would be the recoil spring rod.

Someone mentioned that the area under the magazine should not be there, but I see nothing wrong with that as it could be a magazine extender of sorts or just a magazine pad.

The trigger area (trigger guard and trigger itself) appear to be a bit small, try to make it larger think of a larger finger or a gloved finger handling it.

It appears that the full slide would not move back which is the general blow back design on higher caliber handguns. The type of design it appears you have pictured is more something you see on a .22 caliber walther or its copy .22 or .25 caliber phoenix arms small firearm.

I would round off the grip portion a bit more as it would be a bit uncomfortable to hold as it appears now.

The overal design from memory is not bad. I would be curious to see the finished product.

swordsig16zk.gif

I am assuming its meant to be a handgun firing actual bullets rather than a futuristic lazer pistol?

In that case the barrel should be round not squared as you have it in the front.

Magazine? Its not an old revolver lol :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

In that case the barrel should be round not squared as you have it in the front. Same would go for the squared area below it which would be the recoil spring rod.

Someone mentioned that the area under the magazine should not be there, but I see nothing wrong with that as it could be a magazine extender of sorts or just a magazine pad.

This is just hypocracy.

uh, the area under the magazine pad, i just realised it could be used as a way to pull it out easier? i dont know much about guns but apparently you do, whateva :roll:

girlsigfi1.png

Alright well first off I will be honest and tell you that nothing near the amount of thought when into the making of this when it was done; compared to some of your analysi(s). Square/round etc it doesn't really matter, it's just a design choice. You have no idea what it shoots, it could shoot wood blocks for all you know. The second hole isn't a laser sight, it's like a double barrel shotgun aligned vertically.

I'm not trying to defend myself or anything but damn...

Entangle, I'm not very good at UV mapping so when I get around to it, I don't think it will do it any justice. :? I'll probably end up doing it a few times...

In that case the barrel should be round not squared as you have it in the front.

Magazine? Its not an old revolver lol :P

Not sure why you quoted me and then made that comment... but if you are saying revolvers have magazines you are mistaken. Revolvers have cylinders...

As for the information I provided for keiphus it was meant as general advise if you wanted it more accurate (from seeing previous works you tend to want to be right on target with what you do). Also I indicated that I did not know if it was based on an actual firearm or just something imaginative...if you cant stand the advise dont post sheesh :roll:

swordsig16zk.gif

This is just hypocracy.

uh, the area under the magazine pad, i just realised it could be used as a way to pull it out easier? i dont know much about guns but apparently you do, whateva :roll:

As a matter of fact I do know a bit about guns, what i dont know about is the statments you made :roll:

swordsig16zk.gif

I don't think he is and I have to agree with him but thats only if you're going for realism. As a firearm using and supporter of ownership, the hole should be rounded I don't care if it shoots wooden blocks, lazers, feces or what have you. And yes the trigger guard and trigger itself is far to small. I'm imagining it at a life size scale and i'm seeing my 4 year old niece holding a large firearm with barely enough room for her tiny fingers. Also the little guard beind the slide needs to be smaller because when you go to load it, your bullet wouldn't load and it would get jammed thus if an attempt to fire wouldn't and may cause damage to the holder. And yes round the edges on the handle of that big boy, it'd be might painful to grip a square handle and try to keep hold. As for that if you aren't going for realism keep the hole square but take the other points into consideration.

This is just hypocracy.

As a matter of fact I do know a bit about guns, what i dont know about is the statments you made :roll:

Then somebody needs to expand their vocabulary :lol:

girlsigfi1.png