Ring of Wealth: Experimentation Stage

Lunar_Drifter

I think like others have said fire giants or shadow warriors, and i am still up for this ::' . Oh and i have a ring of wealth if you need to know that. I cosntantly wear it to because i am to cheap to buy a different ring. I only take it off if i am gonna wear a life ring for something :lol: .

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good idea. THis experiment has to be as easy as possible. Everyone should kill the same monster, either with or without a ROW. Never have I read something about other equipment making a difference in drops. Also, never have I heard about a difference when using another combat style.

So, now to make this very easy. Pick a monster which many people love to kill (fire giants seem ideal) and just start killing and record the drops. Once the monster is picked, someone should make a spreadsheet for the drops so everyone can easily record their drops. Combine all the drop logs for the group with and for the group without ROW and compare the results.

This way it doesn't matter how many you kill. If you only kill 1 giant, record the drop and post as results. What matters is that the total amount of kills is big, not the amount of kills per player. I think it's easier to find 100 players each killing 100 giants, then 10 players each killing 1000.

my 2 cents.

phata_elise.png

We'll probably be starting this tomorrow, and it will be going on for a week or so. If you can't finish your data set, that's fine. We'll go with what you have by the time you lose membership.
i just checked i have 13 day left i could probably finish depending on what i have to kill

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

i just notice. i brought a ring of wealth with me while collecting herbs/clue scrolls at men. when i wear it i dont get much low leveled herb drops unlike if i dont wear my ring of wealth i get more low leveled herb drops.
i remember a while back someone posted a letter from Jagex which said the RoW works like killing the monster twice and you get the drop with the higher high alch value and im pretty sure unids are all the same

\' Tat

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

So the testing will ensue soon. I'm gonna whip up a spreadsheet with 500 rows on it. Each row will hold a drop of a Fire Giant. At the end, you all will send your spreadsheet into me, and then a final compilation will be put together and the results presented.

Now, wearing the same outfit shouldn't in any way affect the outcome of the experiments. So I'll go ahead and say that it is OK to melee, mage, or range the fire giants.

As per an idea presented earlier by phata_elise, I'll be taking all the help I can get! Instead of relying on a select few, I'm going to want information from all of Tip.It! Please, please work in 50 or 100 kill increments to make my life easier though.

So I'll get that spreadsheet uploaded and we'll let the party begin!

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Sweet, I just got an assignment of 199 Fire Giants.

Peeerfeeect...

Barrow Drops: Guthan's Helm, Karil's Crossbow.

5 Pieces of the Crystal Key so far.

I would never consider meeting people irl. Not just because of risks that they could be a 40 year old man who is only interested in the bottom half of your body.

They're in the waterfall dungeon. This should be good - could be some fierce competition for giants though =D

I'll go for a thousand kills for you, 500 with wealth, 500 without. I'm interested in how you're going to set up the spreadsheet, too. I'll start tonight, if the sheet's up.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Okay, I'll sign up for the RoW group. If you want me to be non-RoW, I'll do it, but first come, first choose =D. You gonna PM the spreadsheets to us, or how are you going to get them to us?

lSEHB.gif

It's on the first post at the bottom. :) You'll be the third RoW.. I think you should, if you want to, be in the non-RoW, then you can switch after 500 kills. :) Sound good?

demonslayer2.png

I'll be a non-RoW and do i need to wear Glarials Amulet or whatever it is to get into Waterfall Dungeon?

Actually, you could go to the Brimhaven Dungeon and use those Fire Giants. That's what I do, and it's a lot less crowded most of the times. Just bring something to ward off the Wild Dogs until they become unaggressive.

demonslayer2.png

It's on the first post at the bottom. :) You'll be the third RoW.. I think you should, if you want to, be in the non-RoW, then you can switch after 500 kills. :) Sound good?

Sounds good! I'll stay non-RoW for the full thousand. I've gotta go to dance class, but I'll get started in a couple hours. Should be fun =D

I'll be a non-RoW and do i need to wear Glarials Amulet or whatever it is to get into Waterfall Dungeon?

You only need to be carrying Glarial's Amulet, not wearing it.

lSEHB.gif

Sounds good! I'll stay non-RoW for the full thousand. I've gotta go to dance class, but I'll get started in a couple hours. Should be fun =D

You only need to be carrying Glarial's Amulet, not wearing it.

what if HYPOTHETICALLY someone became f2p and HYPOTHETICALLY dropped it then HYPOTHETICALLY became a member a few months later :lol: :oops: remember its only HYPOTHETICAL

what if HYPOTHETICALLY someone became f2p and HYPOTHETICALLY dropped it then HYPOTHETICALLY became a member a few months later :lol: :oops: remember its only HYPOTHETICAL

Well, then all our HYPOTHETICAL person would have to do would be go back to the place under the gnome maze where the HYPOTHETICAL found person found Golrie, get the pebble, go back to Glarial's grave and use this HYPOTHETICAL pebble to get in and steal the amulet again. I'm getting started on my giants now, I hope I make it through the thousand without dying :D .

lSEHB.gif

I readed ur post, and like the idea since there isnt a drop log that tests the wealth ring, and Ive been killing mages since the update ive kild over 25K of spiritual mages...

If u want i can kill 1k or 2k spiritual mages using the ring and more 1k or 2k mages without the ring...ill record the drops

If u want me to do it add me in game ;D

What about the possiblity of time of day effecting it? I've heard that some people believe better drops occur at obscure hours. Just something to think about

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

What about the possiblity of time of day effecting it? I've heard that some people believe better drops occur at obscure hours. Just something to think about

Very, very highly doubtful. Seriously, that would take more programming than Jagex really would ever feel like doing, and would be truly pointless.

I readed ur post, and like the idea since there isnt a drop log that tests the wealth ring, and Ive been killing mages since the update ive kild over 25K of spiritual mages...

If u want i can kill 1k or 2k spiritual mages using the ring and more 1k or 2k mages without the ring...ill record the drops

I think for this project you probably need to kill fire giants. It's pointless to compare drops of fire giants to spiritual mage drops.

lSEHB.gif

Very, very highly doubtful. Seriously, that would take more programming than Jagex really would ever feel like doing, and would be truly pointless.

I think for this project you probably need to kill fire giants. It's pointless to compare drops of fire giants to spiritual mage drops.

This is a section of a Java programming book:

When you create a random number generator, it initializes its sequence from a value called its "seed". The parameterless constructor for Random uses the current time as a seed, which is usually as good a seed as any other. However, the time is only measured to a resolution of 1 millisecond, so if you create two random number generators within one millisecond of each other, they will both generate exactly the same sequence of numbers.

As you can see most random number generators use the current time as a seed for generating its randomness, so the time of day could well govern what drops appear. It all depends on what type of random generator that Jagex used.

Also whats to say that the ring of wealth effects drops differently for different monsters. Some mosters drop less rare items than others... does this increase the chances of a rare drop or decrease it? Also whats to say that something you think is a classed as a rare drop, isn't actually gonna be chosen as rare in that elusive second roll of the dice.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel ...

Or is it just the front of an approaching train!

As a fire giant killer of olden days and having good luck with slayer drops from them, ill tell you which drops I had only once and you can for sure write those on the rare/very rare list. I always were ROW by the way.

1 drop only in my whole rs career from fire giants:

Dragon medium helmet, dragon spear, rune bar, cut dragon stone, 67 nature runes, 150 steel arrows (I seem to remember 1 or 2 rune b axes and maybe 1 rune 2 hander)

Uncommon: rune scimitar, fire battle staff, nature talisman, mith square, laws, rune arrows, chaos talisman

Common: gems (the gems go from saph all the way to drag half shield, they should be seen as separate series) row <=> non row could already be seen as a shift from saphires towards higher gems.

herbs (maybe also a shift?)

fires, chaos, bloods, deaths, steel axe, lobster

Except for the commons that i forgot to mention you can assume that i never had the drop like rune spear and such, also a cosmic talisman seems very unreal to me.

2100+ total 3rd best skiller ever at 99 combat (maybe the best, highest total below 100 cb)

99 Cook 99 Fletch 99 Woodcut 99 Firemaking 99 Range 99 Mage 99 Thief 99 Fish 99 Agility 99 Mining 99 Runecrafting 99 Hp 99 Slayer 99 Smith 99 Hunt 99 Construction 99 Craft 99 Farming