Ring of Wealth: Experimentation Stage

Lunar_Drifter

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already noticed a HUGE increase in the amount of herbs I get compared to when I use a RoW. I've got lots of ranarrs, especially. This could be reasonable, and we should've expected it - grimy herbs are the worst drop you can get, apparently, because they drop below even the big bones on the drop pile, and the pile's arranged by high alch value.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Don't think so. Look at any PKer's kill pile - the food (whatever it may be) is always all together. If it was reandom, wouldn't the food be scattered throughout the pile? You might be right, though... However, just thought of something. Go kill a goblin - a single coin appears on top of the bones. But a grimy herb appears underneath bones in a chaos druid's pile. Therefore, if 1gp>bones, and bones>herb, then 1gp>herb, correct? So herbs are the lowest alch value you can get from a fire giant.

lSEHB.gif

Sign me up. Just tell me the deadline for the results. I want to fight fire giants as slayer assignments. But if it's for a few days, I might as well just fight them normally. So if I know ahead of time, I might be able to get more than 1k results, ya know? Oh, and put me under the Ring of Wealth list. I need all the help I can get in gettin' rich haha.

Well if you're done already, then you can just upload them to a file hosting server and post the link here, and I'll download it and add it in. If not, then don't worry about it yet.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Didn't know I could do that, SHaDoW..

There really is no deadline. Just try to get them in as soon as possible. I'd like to have the final results in by the end of the month.

demonslayer2.png

I've done 500 with the ring, and added a few things to your spread sheet that I thought were interesting and helpful.

Also I got a my first dragon drop. A D med, on giant 440, assuming I didn't miss any.

EDIT: After doing 14 runs in barrows (FIRST EVER RUNS, never been before) with my ring of wealth, and getting Dharok plate, Guthans Spear, and Dharoks Axe I will never take my ring off again

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I've concluded, after 100+, that the RoW works. Now I'm just doing 100 with RoW in an attempt to prove it.

lSEHB.gif

EDIT: After doing 14 runs in barrows (FIRST EVER RUNS, never been before) with my ring of wealth, and getting Dharok plate, Guthans Spear, and Dharoks Axe I will never take my ring off again

Ring of Wealth doesn't affect barrows loot, but if you think it's a lucky charm, then kudos to you. :P

I've killed 100 fire giants with the ring of wealth on, but I don't think it'll be much help anyway, since the sample size is pretty small. I seem to get an abnormally higher rate of coin drops though. :(

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png

Did this die? Or is there somewhere else we are talking?

No, it's not dead. Just the forums went down and I never bumped it back up. :) Experimentations are still on.

demonslayer2.png

I've designed and written a java program that i now use to record all my kills/drops. I finished work on my "export to CSV" class today so i can now export my data into an excel spreadsheet. All the data i record get stored in a MySQL server that i have running. I can give copies to my friends and they can contribute their data directly :D

Here's a pic

test.JPG

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel ...

Or is it just the front of an approaching train!