~ Guthan's and Slayer ~

Xeones

New Plan:

Use Guthan's while Slaying on Controlled (ugh) until I reach 75 Defense from 70. Then sell my Guthan's. Then either Slay with food or Bones to Peaches until 93 Attack and Strength.

IS THIS PLAN OK? NO HIGHER THAN 75 DEFENSE!

kingtut3.png

Guthans is great for slayer. I highly recommend it. There are many tasks you can use it on, and most of the time it makes things much easier, as you do not have to bank for food all the time :). The only drawback is the initial cost of it, and the repairs after. But if you can afford it in the first place, the repairs shouldn't be to much of a problem.

Blakdragon39.png

If you use your designated slayer master, you rarely need to bank for food refills.

Black Demons hit hard, you cannot tell me you rarely need to eat on a task of 180+ of them. I see people 120cb+ using prayer/Guthans there.

Same with Kalphites and others.

For Black Demons I use prayer (83 herblore, 90 farming and free seeds through slayer got me more than 2k prayer pots banked - all freebee) and a cannon. For Kalphites I also use a cannon, which is helluvalot faster than using Guthans. Nechryaels are great for range experience.

Look I'm, really not saying Guthan's is useless, especially if your defense is low, it's a great solution. It's just that I've managed perfectly without so far. I dislike the repairs, I dislike the place it takes in my inventory, I dislike changing armour every so often and I dislike waiting for its random healing skills.

The only task where I need to bank for food is Abyssal demons. Usually just the once/task. Pretty fast with ectophial -> quick stop at farming patch -> bank -> tower. Not worth the Guthan's imo.

Anyway, Xeones, your plan sounds okay. Don't be afraid to just try out some stuff and settle for whatever method suits you best.

How about this, buy the Guthans, get your desired levels, and then sell it back if you don't like it all that much. If prices lower, it won't be much and you'll easily make that money back through slayer and clue drops.

I would say buy it, and sell it if you don't like it.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

New Plan:

Use Guthan's while Slaying on Controlled (ugh) until I reach 75 Defense from 70. Then sell my Guthan's. Then either Slay with food or Bones to Peaches until 93 Attack and Strength.

You can train defense with Guthans. Just not Attack or Strength.

Currently I am training strength, but if I get a task I need to Guthans 100% (Kalphites atm as I cannot justify cannon costs and am too lazy to collect unicorn horns for anti-pots) I just train my defense up.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

New Plan:

You can train defense with Guthans. Just not Attack or Strength.

Currently I am training strength, but if I get a task I need to Guthans 100% (Kalphites atm as I cannot justify cannon costs and am too lazy to collect unicorn horns for anti-pots) I just train my defense up.

You don't get it. I DON'T WANT DEFENSE EXPERIENCE. My initial thought was that Guthan's Warspear had Accurate and Aggressive, which is why I thought it would suit me well.

I found out that it only has the Controlled attack style, forcing me to raise Defense when I need to heal.

My character's plan was to be a Barrows pk-er with 75 Defense. So, that's why I didn't want defense experience.

Now, I'll probably buy it. I'll follow my original setup until the healing with Guthan's on Controlled gets me enough defense experience to 75. Since I want exactly 75 Defense, I'll stop using full Guthan's at that point and sell it.

Then, I will continue to do Slayer with either food or the spell Bones to Peaches, because, again, I do not want the Defense experience from Guthan's.

Any other help would be excellent.

kingtut3.png

*****READ HERE*****

Hi. Here is how I plan to get to 93 Attack and Strength. I would do Slayer tasks all the way with the following equipment:

Black Mask

Amulet of Fury

Fighter Torso

Dragon Platelegs

Abyssal Whip (Dragon Scimitar for Strength)

Rune Defender

Barrows Gloves

Fire Cape

Berserker Ring

Dragon Boots

I'd do the Slayer task assigned to me. Whenever I get to 33% Health, I would switch to this:

Guthan's Helm

Amulet of Fury

Guthan's Platebody

Guthan's Chainskirt

Guthan's Warspear

Barrows Gloves

Fire Cape

Berserker Ring

Dragon Boots

and heal back to full. Then I would put back on my first outfit and keep Slaying until 93 Attack and Strength, which should bring me to 85 Slayer, as well.

Because Guthan's Warspear only has the Controlled attack style, it will have to give me Defense experience while I'm healing. I want my character to have 75 defense, no more, no less.

So, I would use this method until the Defense experience from healing with Guthan's would get me to 75 Defense.

At this point, I could use food or Bones to Peaches to continue my Slayer/Attack/Strength training. I won't be able to use Guthan's at this point because it will give me Defense experience on Controlled, which I REALLY DON'T WANT.

After I get 75 Defense from Guthaning, what should I do?

NEED HELP, ANY ADVICE WOULD BE AWESOME!

kingtut3.png

Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with having a defense higher than 75? I'm guessing that you want 75 for the dfs, and that's just a bit late to make a pure of any sort.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Yeah and completely ignore my post..

1. With 90+ defence i had so many close calls even healing at 50% hp (80=85+ hp at all times, 93 atm) I needed my food, take a few lobs/sharks/monkfish)

2. Healing at 33% is foolish, even at 93 i wait until my hp is down to 60 or so and heal, your hp level is so low that 33% is certainly not a good idea, also if you plan on doing 33% without any food in your inventry, call me over to your slayer monster, i'll galdly take your guthans when you die.

Follow my advice, heal at 60+ hp, and its going to be very slow for you because of your low hp. You'll have to change frequently.

I had to change an annyoing amount at many monsters with 90+ defence, so trust me... follow my advice, i have 85 slayer.

3. So what if you get above 75 defence, defence owns and is soo helpful, that is why its my one and only 99 atm.

4. Forget becoming a pker, not worth it imo, you waste more money on food then you get back from those rare whip pks.

5. Use guthans, i strongly suggest you do with your defence level, at 94+ i could do all my tasks just about without banking, and that is using torso, rune def, rune legs and such.

6. Use guthans, forget 75 defence, you can do well with 80, you can do well with 85...

7. Unless you have 90+ defence too much time i wasted going back and forth to the bank and your slayer monster spot.

Read this carefully, i can assure you this is just about the best thing for you :D

mathisfun.png

Yeah and completely ignore my post..

1. With 90+ defence i had so many close calls even healing at 50% hp (80=85+ hp at all times, 93 atm) I needed my food, take a few lobs/sharks/monkfish)

2. Healing at 33% is foolish, even at 93 i wait until my hp is down to 60 or so and heal, your hp level is so low that 33% is certainly not a good idea, also if you plan on doing 33% without any food in your inventry, call me over to your slayer monster, i'll galdly take your guthans when you die.

Follow my advice, heal at 60+ hp, and its going to be very slow for you because of your low hp. You'll have to change frequently.

I had to change an annyoing amount at many monsters with 90+ defence, so trust me... follow my advice, i have 85 slayer.

3. So what if you get above 75 defence, defence owns and is soo helpful, that is why its my one and only 99 atm.

4. Forget becoming a pker, not worth it imo, you waste more money on food then you get back from those rare whip pks.

5. Use guthans, i strongly suggest you do with your defence level, at 94+ i could do all my tasks just about without banking, and that is using torso, rune def, rune legs and such.

6. Use guthans, forget 75 defence, you can do well with 80, you can do well with 85...

7. Unless you have 90+ defence too much time i wasted going back and forth to the bank and your slayer monster spot.

Read this carefully, i can assure you this is just about the best thing for you :D

Thank you for #s 1, 2, and 5. The rest were commenting on my defense, which I'm keeping at 75 with high Attack and Strength to make a Barrows pk-er. Thank you for your concern on wasting my money, but I'll deal with that.

Once again, I am not getting higher than 75 Defense. If you post, do not bring this topic up. After I get 75 Defense by healing, I will sell my Guthan's. Then, what should I use for Slayer? Bones to Peaches? Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

kingtut3.png