The pope ... is dead.

TjS

Just saw it on the news.. :shock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4399715.stm

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&e ... d=84439559

"The Holy Father died this evening at 9:37 p.m. (2:37 p.m. EST) in his private apartment. All the procedures outlined in the apostolic Constitution `Universi Dominici Gregis' that was written by John Paul II on Feb. 22, 1996, have been put in motion."

Edit: CNN have it up.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/04 ... index.html

eep posted this too, while you were posting.

Sad news :( even for people who are not catholic or religious.

Why sad news even for people who are not catholic or religious.

It doesn't move me at all. Ofcourse it's always a sad thing when a good person dies. (I think he was a good person). But I wouldn't really be more sad if I heard that someone normal person who I didin't know died.

He was a pope. Headman of an religion which I don't care. Atleast he had a good life I think. And wasn't he the guy who was for not condomes. :? Anyways R.I.P pope.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

It doesn't move me at all. Ofcourse it's always a sad thing when a good person dies. (I think he was a good person). But I wouldn't really be more sad if I heard that someone normal person who I didin't know died.

He was a pope. Headman of an religion which I don't care. Atleast he had a good life I think. And wasn't he the guy who was for not condomes. :? Anyways R.I.P pope.

I feel the same way as you....

Because I think he could bring attention to things. For example trying to bring countries or religions closer together.

Anyway I don't want to get this started on a big argument on the subject, we all have our own views. :)

sig2ho7.jpg

I'm rather unmoved aswell just because some huy dies doens't meen that we should all stop to remember him... what about all the innocent lives that are lost every day that nobody thinks about. Hes dead lets just get a new one. :roll:

I'm rather unmoved aswell just because some huy dies doens't meen that we should all stop to remember him... what about all the innocent lives that are lost every day that nobody thinks about. Hes dead lets just get a new one. :roll:

I think it might be alot different if it was someone you cared about. If your mum died, does it affect me in any way? No. Would I be an [wagon] about it though? No.

Have some respect.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I think it might be alot different if it was someone you cared about. If your mum died, does it affect me in any way? No. Would I be an wagon about it though? No.

Have some respect.

my moms already dead... anyway im not saying that its a good thing that he died hes death is just be enriched by the media the same way terry shiavos was the same way it will when the next pope dies. But when it come to other people dieing like a religious leader in some other country you dont see the people goin awww lets all sit down and do a prayer for him... He died wow!

I think it might be alot different if it was someone you cared about. If your mum died, does it affect me in any way? No. Would I be an wagon about it though? No.

Have some respect.

my moms already dead... anyway im not saying that its a good thing that he died hes death is just be enriched by the media the same way terry shiavos was the same way it will when the next pope dies. But when it come to other people dieing like a religious leader in some other country you dont see the people goin awww lets all sit down and do a prayer for him... He died wow!

I agree that the Schiavo case was definately over publicised. She was just a normal person in unfortunate circumstances. If you google it a bit though, you might discover the Pope did some things worth respecting him for.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I agree that the Schiavo case was definately over publicised. She was just a normal person in unfortunate circumstances. If you google it a bit though, you might discover the Pope did some things worth respecting him for.

like what??? name a few

Wow, some people on these forums are real idiots. You need to learn to be mature, and grow up. :roll: :x

Anyhow, aside from these morons, it was pretty sad to hear that the Pope died. I was watching CNN when they officially annouced it at around 2:50 eastern time, when the Vatican reps were giving their official speech. Pretty sad.

I am not Catholic, or even Christian for that matter. Why does it affect me? He was the only Pope I've ever known. He made time to connect with youths, AND people from other religions, not only catholics. He cared about all other religions as well. Thats a really good guy. He's done a ton of amazing things in his time, but it had to happen sooner or later. His condition was getting worse, and he is now onto a better life.

RIP Pope John Paul II.

Edit to the guy who said the Italian news reported it yesterday:

They did so because his brain stopped working for a certain period of time, so it was assumed for a while that he was dead. It was an accident, which was soon after denied by the Vatican. He "officially" died at 2:37pm eastern, but his spirit had supposedly left long before that.

signaturecj5.jpg

Guest andoman5
couldnt understand his mubbling bs anyway :lol:
for 1 thing, he was very old and he couldn't help it. another thing is that he wasn't speaking english most of the time...most likely Italian or Polish (because he was Polish).

Have some respect.

Sorry that I care about his death and not your mothers.

Perhaps to some people, even non religious folk like myself, actually will mourn his loss. The fact that he was an extremely influential, curteous and extraordinary man, defying many odds even when dying.

I'll mourn for him all I want, and I won't let your sarcasm stop me. Just because his death might not mean much to you, which is perfectly within your reason, doesn't mean you should stop others from doing so. So like Danabis said, have some respect.

For a start, simple respect for the dead is polite, regardless of whether or not one knew the person. I'm not Catholic (or at all religious, for that matter), but I recognised the pope as a man with good intentions. I'm not sad that he's dead (nor am I happy; I don't mean to imply that), but it does feel, to me, like a big event: the end of an era, if you will.

When he was speaking latin/italian/polish he seemed to have a fairly frail voice, but I heard him just now (from beyond the grave... OooOOoooOOoo) on the BBC thing speaking in English; he had quite a different voice when speaking so.

Wow, two eulogies in as many days. I'm on a role.

Well said Mr. Pete.

Rest in Peace Mr Pope.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I'm not Catholic, so I can't sympathise with many. I don't respect the late Pope for being the leader of the largest religion (not that this is something that doesn't deserve respect), but I respect him for his intelligence and leadership abilities.

As I've said before, it's sad for him to have passed away, but I feel that every death should recieve the same respect. It is a big deal to many, but this event will not directly effect my life in any way.

peterstretchfn5.gif

2 days ago i bought a shirt on vacation that had a big picture of the Pope and said "I asked the Pope. Gold is still dope." in huge letters.

I was on vacation so I wasen't following the news. I didnt know he was very sick.:?

Ironic. RIP.