Grand Exchange = New Bank!

MooseHole

Given that the moneys go striahgt into your bank it would suggest that the items stay in your bank.

We don't know how it works yet, so don't speculate.

But from programming point of view account data is stored for each account.

To have items leave your account into the GE and stay there would require that to be stored as a new data file, thus using extra memory space.

A simple version would be item remains in bank, but your account receives an extra line or 2 of data defining item X as in the Ge for price y.

So its more likely that items stay in your bank until bought

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No its more like this:

1) I want more space in my bank so I take out my maple logs.

2) Put up my maple logs for sale at the GE for 1M gold each.

3) Get banned for item scamming.

4) Wish you weren't so stupid.

Lol item scamming.... yeah that's not what item scamming is. Read the rules more carefully >_>

It is not considered a scam to ask for large amounts of money for an item, but it is not in the spirit of the game to over price an item.

It's your fault if you buy something way overpriced unless that player tries to convince you that's the real price of an item.

And do you ever post anything that adds to discussion? Last couple posts of yours just tried to shut down the thread maker's ideas.

icecube7.jpeg

Horrible flaw with that...You put your items you want to keep for a amount that people think is over pricing, then someone comes along not caring an buys it...so its best to still keep your items in your bank...
I really wouldn't mind if someone bought my maple logs for 1M each. That's not a flaw at all.
rs0.jpg

My guess is that there will be a right click option for items in your bank which you can use to put the item on the market. You are prompted to enter a sale price, and the item is now on the market. The item will remain in your bank with a little tag on it symbolizing that it is on the market. Just speculation, of course.

Thats a great idea. But

Later in the month, we bring you the 'Grand Exchange'. This new building will be located in the north-west of Varrock and will house a huge new addition to the game:....

But it's going to be a building. (Doesn't mean we still can't have icons like yours etc.)

Maybe the building is just going to be the place you go to view items for sale?

What're the chances that the item will actually stay in your bank account UNTIL they are bought?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Yeah, this is the first thing I though of. And if anyone DOES buy/sell something, you make a huge profit, so basically it's free bankspace. Assuming thats how it works, I'm putting all my herby supplies in the for 5m each..

Of course, the stuff might just stay in your bank... oh well.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg