Grand Exchange = New Bank!

MooseHole

what I really hope is that it is not set to sell stuff at SHOP price :pray: . You know, like thet high or low alch value. If that is the case, I can see this as just one more feature that nobody will use.

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it, its like WoW's Aucton House. You pay a fee to place your item on it and only lasts certain hours, the longer the more the fee is. Max is 24 hours. So, its only temperially bankspace...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It would be smart to wait and see how the system works before thinking of new ways to use it.

Or abuse it. I think there may be certain limits, or the Grand Exchange works differently, such as the items stay in your bank.

It's kinda stupid to suggest methods to exploit an update which doesn't exist yet.

but i like abuse.

It would be smart to wait and see how the system works before thinking of new ways to use it.
+1

I agree too. Maybe the item stays in your bank while you try to sell it? Or maybe you get some kind of ticket or something which you must have while the item is for sale?

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Horrible flaw with that...You put your items you want to keep for a amount that people think is over pricing, then someone comes along not caring an buys it...so its best to still keep your items in your bank...

Agreed.

And to the person who posted above, there is no problem with that, seeing as you just sold your maple logs for 1m each :lol:

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

Agreed.

And to the person who posted above, there is no problem with that, seeing as you just sold your maple logs for 1m each :lol:

What if you wanted to keep those maples...?

then again you can buy them again....

I don't know why bank spaced is such a prized feature. I can easily have everything I need in my bank and more. Half my bank consists of useless stuff and I haven't even filled it yet.

If you look at each item invidually and judge whether or not you need it you'll find that the majority of your bank is not needed. I do really need a costume room though as that would make my bank so much smaller.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Interesting idea ... but I do agree with the others, we're only guessing whether it'll allow this sort of use or not (or whether they are busy fixing it now).

But a question, if it did allow this sort of usage:

Would Jagex really care if it could be used this way? Would it be abuse or a semi-intended use?

Only time will tell ... bet you it won't be week 1's update though!

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

My guess is that there will be a right click option for items in your bank which you can use to put the item on the market. You are prompted to enter a sale price, and the item is now on the market. The item will remain in your bank with a little tag on it symbolizing that it is on the market. Just speculation, of course.

My guess is that there will be a right click option for items in your bank which you can use to put the item on the market. You are prompted to enter a sale price, and the item is now on the market. The item will remain in your bank with a little tag on it symbolizing that it is on the market. Just speculation, of course.

Thats a great idea. But

Later in the month, we bring you the 'Grand Exchange'. This new building will be located in the north-west of Varrock and will house a huge new addition to the game:....

But it's going to be a building. (Doesn't mean we still can't have icons like yours etc.)

Costantino.png

There will either be:

a) a fee to put up to sell, making you "pay" for the "bank" space.

B) a limit to the number of things you can sell,

c) or it will still take bank space till it's gone.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Or abuse it. I think there may be certain limits, or the Grand Exchange works differently, such as the items stay in your bank.

It's kinda stupid to suggest methods to exploit an update which doesn't exist yet.

Yes, I think it should stay in your bank. Why? It's because people will just put up a bunch of random junk up for sale which would clog up the marketplace.

j0xPu5R.png

The only thing I'm worried about is some random f2p noobs putting up wooden shields etc. Heh, should be a great addition to the game. But i guess it'll have to be seperate for f2p and p2p as f2p can't buy p2p stuff. :-#

Here's how it works:

1) I want more space in my bank so I take out my maple logs.

2) Put up my maple logs for sale at the GE for 1M gold each.

3) I want my maple logs back.

4) Buy my own maple logs for 1M each, or cancel the listing. The money goes back to me, or no money is transferred, depending on how the GE works.

5) That's it.

No its more like this:

1) I want more space in my bank so I take out my maple logs.

2) Put up my maple logs for sale at the GE for 1M gold each.

3) Get banned for item scamming.

4) Wish you weren't so stupid.