Grand Exchange = New Bank!

MooseHole

If you can put items up for sale in the GE at a requested price, and then people can buy them and you get the cash, you can use the GE to store your stuff!

Here's how it works:

1) I want more space in my bank so I take out my maple logs.

2) Put up my maple logs for sale at the GE for 1M gold each.

3) I want my maple logs back.

4) Buy my own maple logs for 1M each, or cancel the listing. The money goes back to me, or no money is transferred, depending on how the GE works.

5) That's it.

rs0.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be smart to wait and see how the system works before thinking of new ways to use it.

Or abuse it. I think there may be certain limits, or the Grand Exchange works differently, such as the items stay in your bank.

It's kinda stupid to suggest methods to exploit an update which doesn't exist yet.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Wow, this is an example of how pitiful the RS community has become. An update isn't even out yet and people are already fantasizing about ways to exploit and take advantage of it.

However, that is good thinking, but I doubt it will work how anybody expects. Just wait and see before you devise strategies :wink:

td2sig.jpg

Wow..way to be total jerks about this =]

I mean, he's posting his thoughts and ideas which may or may not be able to be implemented, he's posting something that could be helpful.

But yes, I know how tip.it is now, you're more concerned about what goes in what forum/thread ^^

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

People do that in other games, including me. However like on other games this will most likely be timed to around 24 hours which then sends the item back to your bank if not bought.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I doubt you can buy your own items, and when you put up a listing you aren't automatically given the money your asking for. So good luck forking up 1M gp/log for one extra bank space :P

This is Runescapeloser22, made a new account name know that I quit Runescape.

Real Rank: Demon Vanquisher

jealoussig-1.jpg

BOSTON RED SOX 2007 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

I thought Vegimite was another word for lesbian.... :oops:

It would be smart to wait and see how the system works before thinking of new ways to use it.
I think it's better to think of new ways to use it beforehand. That way, if Jagex gets wind of the idea, they can change it to prevent abuse before it's released, instead of "nerfing" it and pissing more people off. Also, if they're okay with the idea, there's no harm in doing it.

Prevention/Preparation is always better than fixing it later.

rs0.jpg

Jagex will probably put a time limit on how long the item can stay there before it gets back in your bank.

But this new GE thing is sure to bring a lot of new things to do, such as with the noted items thing. People sell notes to the general store and then rebuy them.

Jagex will probably put a time limit on how long the item can stay there before it gets back in your bank.

But this new GE thing is sure to bring a lot of new things to do, such as with the noted items thing. People sell notes to the general store and then rebuy them.

Hmm, if that's the case maybe we can use it for temporary pk loot storage, since this is in northeast Varrock. However, if it's next to the western Varrock bank, I guess that wouldn't make much sense.
rs0.jpg

Either the item will stay in your bank or a deposit on the total amount of money the item is worth will be made. I really hope Jagex has learned by now that people like you would abuse something like that.

Torlen.png

I am sure Jagex, who has been programing this for quite a few months, would have thought of this.

Can we please use one or two topics for the GE? It has not even come out yet, and probably will not come out for a few weeks. Stop speculating so much and just wait for the update, then talk about it a bit more -.-

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

I am sure Jagex, who has been programing this for quite a few months, would have thought of this.
I hope so too. But speaking as a programmer, it always helps to have other people give feedback on your infallable ideas. Nobody's perfect, and Jagex has demonstrated that they aren't perfect on numerous occasions.
rs0.jpg

Ha! Thats pretty smart, good thinking!

Wow, this is an example of how pitiful the RS community has become. An update isn't even out yet and people are already fantasizing about ways to exploit and take advantage of it.

However, that is good thinking, but I doubt it will work how anybody expects. Just wait and see before you devise strategies :wink:

I really dont understand how that is the pitiful for the rs community? Thats just some guy/girl with a good idea. :-s You say yourself its good thinking. Thats bad? Meh.. I donno. I think its taking advantage of a intended feature rather than exploiting it.

The first thing I thought about was autoers buying the low stuff and then selling it higher. THAT I could understand as being the pitifulness of the rs community.

Anyway, besides, I dont think this will be possible for one reason or another. But good thinking! Maybe!

i hope jagex nerf that option because i personally dont want to see people using it as more bankspace.

That's quite selfish, isn't it?

No. The GE is intended as a marketplace, not a warehouse.

I'm pretty sure Jagex will make it to where you'll put items that are in your bank up for sale, and if you sell it it will be removed from your bank (and if you withdraw it before it sells it will be taken out of the GE) and the coins will be added, or something like that. In all the months it probably took to put this together I can't see how they could possibly have not thought of this.