Inventory for ranging metal dragons

auris3

i took range pots at that lvl and managed to kill nicely :P

just take like 3 range pots 10 anti d fire potions

and preferabbly addy bolts but then mith if not. =) axe + 905 gp too

VIX VIX VIX

I use bone bolts at metals (88 ranged) and they are a bit slower than metal bolts, but I do get a lot of hits in the mid-teens. Depending on your ranged level, it's worth a trial run.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I suggest you use KArils or black hides, rune crossbow, and addy diamond tipped or even ruby tipped ( takes away hp though), and about 4-5 prayer pots, 2 anti fires, 2 range pots, a tele and the rest sharks/monks

You should last like 4-5 kills that way.

Mr_Muto.png

Whips - 101

Barrows - 97

Dragon Drops - 209

2100/2200 Total

992nd To 99 Slayer.

Mr_Muto - Muto's Slayer Blog

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> -- add it.

77 range is enough, though it wouldn't be smart going in there with anything below mith bolts.

To the people saying that enchanted diamond bolts and all that pricy stuff is a complete must, that's rubbish. I've melled over 300 there, maged a similar ammount to what I've melled from excess chaos runes from barrows and ranged well over 500.

Here's a setup I use and can tell you it works great, no fancy & pricy enchanted bolts involved :wink:

metalsrangingsetupwk9.jpg

I HIGHLY recommend using mith-addy bolts, no more, no less.

Why? Enchanted bolts speed up your kills, no doubt. But the ammount they cost simply does NOT compensate for the speed you kill the dragons.

Also, do not use anything less then mith, you can try steel if you want, but it really won't go anywhere near as well. The reason is, if you use bronze or iron you will take a long time to kill a dragon, which means you use more anti-fires per dragon, in the end if you are using the supposed cheap way (using iron bolts) to kill a certain ammount of dragons may even cost you more.

As for that picture, I just finished using 2k mith bolts there and only had 400-something left. If you were to use all the anti fire's that I use in a normal trip (8-10, that's a very long time), you'll need aprox 800+ miths.

Also you can take out the alchs I have there, but you can stay very long ammounts of time there as a ranger so you will be forced to bank earlier or waste valueable drops.

Good luck, try to stick with irons for your first few kills so you can get the hang of it before you start tackling the high defence of steels :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, your ava acumaltor will get you steel arrows, so it's nice to have a spot open for them when you can. At certain times I've came out with a bonus 30-50+ steel arrows just for wearing my accumalator. If you don't have one, don't bring any steel arrows at all.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I suggest you use KArils or black hides, rune crossbow, and addy diamond tipped or even ruby tipped ( takes away hp though), and about 4-5 prayer pots, 2 anti fires, 2 range pots, a tele and the rest sharks/monks

You should last like 4-5 kills that way.

or dont take p pots since you ranging you dont need to pray. just a waste of cash. take like 20 antifire and you can stay for 50+ kills. that would be a horruble method to try Mr muto

Assassin1357.png

77 range is enough, though it wouldn't be smart going in there with anything below mith bolts.

To the people saying that enchanted diamond bolts and all that pricy stuff is a complete must, that's rubbish. I've melled over 300 there, maged a similar ammount to what I've melled from excess chaos runes from barrows and ranged well over 500.

Here's a setup I use and can tell you it works great, no fancy & pricy enchanted bolts involved :wink:

metalsrangingsetupwk9.jpg

I HIGHLY recommend using mith-addy bolts, no more, no less.

Why? Enchanted bolts speed up your kills, no doubt. But the ammount they cost simply does NOT compensate for the speed you kill the dragons.

Also, do not use anything less then mith, you can try steel if you want, but it really won't go anywhere near as well. The reason is, if you use bronze or iron you will take a long time to kill a dragon, which means you use more anti-fires per dragon, in the end if you are using the supposed cheap way (using iron bolts) to kill a certain ammount of dragons may even cost you more.

As for that picture, I just finished using 2k mith bolts there and only had 400-something left. If you were to use all the anti fire's that I use in a normal trip (8-10, that's a very long time), you'll need aprox 800+ miths.

Also you can take out the alchs I have there, but you can stay very long ammounts of time there as a ranger so you will be forced to bank earlier or waste valueable drops.

Good luck, try to stick with irons for your first few kills so you can get the hang of it before you start tackling the high defence of steels :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, your ava acumaltor will get you steel arrows, so it's nice to have a spot open for them when you can. At certain times I've came out with a bonus 30-50+ steel arrows just for wearing my accumalator. If you don't have one, don't bring any steel arrows at all.

TY man your method is great, i tried it and it work perfectly : :D

Yamiauris.png

Yep, philip's method is the best. I got a whatchamacallit (expensive part of dragonfire shield, can't seem to remember the name) there. On my 100th or so kill, no less!

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Yep, philip's method is the best. I got a whatchamacallit (expensive part of dragonfire shield, can't seem to remember the name) there. On my 100th or so kill, no less!

Draconic Visage you mean, and congratz by the way! :thumbsup:

Vlead.png

dragsinventom8.th.png

^hopefully that works..

anyways, on this invent, using SS counter, ive killed over 120 steels and irons combined

P.S do not attach a left half to a right half then sell the full shield, i did it and made 25k profit whilst if i sold the left half alone would of maybe got 100k more..

Matt-