Playstation 3 - Failure?

Abelmisi

Ok i'm just going to give up.

If i know there are fun games on the PS3, then theres no point in telling you.

(I don't like critics)or some reveiws which are wrongly rated.

Like the super rub a dub one or some others.

I not going to reply anymore. :-#

I'm not going to waste my time in this pointless argument.

I'm going to have fun on my PS3 because thats what consoles are for.

So BYE BYE

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: and also

:D :D :D :D :D

Why because everything you posted was merely opinion no facts at all? and you got owned?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I not going to reply anymore.

So BYE BYE

Ok i admit i'm a huge playstation fan(i do have a wii though) but you Sir are an idiot, you've basically been a complete embarrassment in this whole thread by acting like a child. Even in your closing post you still manage to make yourself look like a fool and make the ps3 sound crap. Seriously read your posts again and see how cringe worthy they are.

On topic:

I agree that Sony messed up big time, blu-ray and the lack of current games doesn't make the ps3 look very appealing at the moment but im hoping that in the future it will catch up and hopefully be a good competitor in the next gen war. So in a few weeks i plan on ordering my ps3 and although i'm happy with the current line-up its needs a lot of improvment.

I really feel sorry for people like you. You're trying to back up with facts why you like a console just so people like him can just soil your names

09f719550fdb82a41cc724ce46d5f579.png

[hide]

Oh, you are still moaning about games...

I don't buy a console to see whether it has loads of exclusives or not.

I buy it for the games.

Then why didn't you buy a Wii or a 360? You don't care about exclusives, and the non-exclusives for PS3 are on the 360..so why did you get a PS3?

Warhawk: I can't belive you are forgetting this which is probily the most popular PS3 game. It prove you know NOTHING about the PS3's line up.

The most popular PS3 game? How come I have only a very vague memory of hearing that title? Besides, in most of your other posts, Resistance seems to be the BEST game...

All you seem you to mention is MGS4. Just because so much people know about it, you seem to think its the only good game.

Mainly because it's probably the only PS3 exclusive that has had as much impact as MGS4 has had.

Halo3 was so sucessful because it was so popular before it came out.

Not gonna argue..Halo IS overrated...but it's still fun every now and then.

Just because a console has loads of games, doesn't make them all good.

Yeah, it means there is VARIETY...and you actually have a choice of decent games.

(this post was done in anger because people still mention the lack of games when they don't have a clue about the PS3's line up)

I'm pretty sure we all know a good percentage of the line up.

If you don't like the PS3's line up then what sort of games do you like?

FPSs, Exclusives, RPGs, and the occasional platformer.

I like FUN games.

Then why in the name of all that video Gaming stands for as a whole did you pick a PS3?

:x :x :x :x :x

#-o #-o #-o #-o ::' [/hide]

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

I not going to reply anymore. :-#

So BYE BYE

Thank Christ, now we can get back to a discussion.

interesting article. i agree in some parts with it. the biggest reason for the falling sales of ps3 is that sony bet the farm on blu ray technology when it hasn't come into common use. it almost seems that sony is trying to bully the market into blu ray instead of hd-dvd. they took a huge gamble and so far it hasn't payed off like they had hoped.

one of the things that made ps1 and ps2 so successful was the compatability with the current technology in use. you could transform the ps1 into a cd player and the ps2 into a dvd player. both forms were already in standard use and thus made playstations appealing.

the second reason why ps3 isn't selling well is the price tag. i love video games, but when they first came out...ya right...i wasn't paying 800 usd for it. i think most people who wanted one were pretty much saying the same thing i was "i'll wait till the price comes down before i get one"

even at 400 dollars it starts getting pricey especially for (back to the first reason!) blu ray platform which still hasn't proved itself to become the standard.

i am a sony fan. i still want a ps3. i hate to see the ps3 struggling as it has been. don't count sony out though.

nintendo showed similar arrogance to the playstation back in the day when they released the nintendo 64 still in cartridge format and then the gamecube. kudos to them for creating a whole new market.

rssig2.png

I think sony as a whole is a rubbish gaming company. Not only do they lack many decent games (there are a few whom i found enjoyable), but they don't have much of a series which comes with the console. The series they do have, however, are usually on other consoles with a different name.

I'm a big nintendo fan and have got a nintendo wii, and have played an Xbox 360. After looking at the consoles sony have really no ideas of thier own.

The PSP idea was made from the success of the nintendo game-boys. And i'm sure there are tons of other idea snatching. (There was something at the end about it)

Both microsoft and nintendo are better than sony. This proven by the current third-place position in the next-generation of gaming race. All it seems is that the graphics are a little better. There are other changes but nothing major (in my opinion).

I know gamecube wasn't as successful as the others, but to me nintendo have the best games. So it doesn't matter.

Plus Nintendo is much cheaper.

Next time you bring your fanboy attitude here, at least look something up every once in a while.

This article screams fanboy. I used to come on here and make topics that were against the Wii, but made it seem as neutral as possible, but still have a few tounge and cheek references. My biggest problem with this article was saying how consoles copy each other. Wow. The six-axis controller and the wiimote were announced... what? 3 hours apart?

I have all 3, and am quite sad about my Wii. I haven't even plugged it in since i bought it home from vacation, where I got SSBM(around July). I'm waiting for SSBB, but sadly it might be a huge disappointment because of lack of online, something which I think will destroy the Wii in the end

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

I'm waiting for SSBB, but sadly it might be a huge disappointment because of lack of online, something which I think will destroy the Wii in the end

Wait, what? Wii has online. Brawl has online. Don't see where you're coming from here. . .

p2gq.jpg

I'm waiting for SSBB, but sadly it might be a huge disappointment because of lack of online, something which I think will destroy the Wii in the end

Wait, what? Wii has online. Brawl has online. Don't see where you're coming from here. . .

I didn't mean lack of online, as much as limited online(e.g. friend codes). Last I checked, only a few games even had PvP online gameplay

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

The PS3 vs. Xbox 360 is similar to PS2 vs. Xbox.

Why? The PS2 was out first had lots of games which came out with it, lots of people bought one as it was new and better than the old consoles.

Microsoft then released the Xbox, it came out late, most people had a PS2 and stuck with that.

But by the end of their lifetime they were both good consoles and one wasn't better than the other.

The xbox 360 was released first, lots of people bought it because it was a next gen console, so they wanted one. It came with good games. Later the PS3 was released, not many people wanted it as they had an xbox 360.

By the end of their lifetime they to will probably be just as good as each other, at first they won't seem to be as they have only just be released. Game developers have only just started experimenting on what they can do with the power of these consoles, and it time will make better games.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

I get angry when I see arguments like this.

The consoles are not all directed towards the same audience. Lets use the X-Box and the Wii as an example since I have both it's easier for me to describe what I'm thinking :P .

Let's look at the big games on each system, and their ratings, shall we?

X-Box

• Mass Effect - M

Call of Duty 4 - M

Assassin's Creed - M

Guitar Hero 3 - T

WWE Smackdown Vs. RAW 2008 - T

Halo 3 - M

Kane & Lynch: Dead Man - M

Wii

• Wii Play - E

Mario Party 8 - E

High School Musical: Sing It! - E

Super Mario Galaxy - E

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - T

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - T

Guitar Hero 3 - T

Look at them both, on the X-Box theres no games rated E, and on the Wii 4/7 of them are rated E, and the rest of T. This is kind of obvious that the X-Box is a system more for older kids, and the Wii is for younger kids. The T games for Wii, Guitar Hero, Zelda, Metroid are all games that are played by little kids that parents wouldn't mind, except for maybe Metroid in occasional situations. Also the price, the Wii is $50 cheaper, younger kids are generally now going to want to spend money, but older kids are more willing to shell out the extra cash for a system better for them.

Online play for the Wii is very limited, with no direct chat and friend codes. On X-Box there is direct chat and gamertags that the user picks out that can be offensive, if you go play a game on X-Box live I'm willing to bet lots of money that you'll hear loads of swears. Younger kids wouldn't really even know/want to use online play at all! The Wii is also a family system, which a lot of parents would prefer for their kids over a system like X-Box filled with action and violence.

After re-reading this, I feel like I'm supporting the Wii more then the X-Box, probably because I have an original X-Box and a Wii, but I'm going to get a 360 soon :P

The consoles are not all directed towards the same audience. Lets use the X-Box and the Wii as an example since I have both it's easier for me to describe what I'm thinking :P .

X-Box

• Mass Effect - M

Call of Duty 4 - M

Assassin's Creed - M

Guitar Hero 3 - T

Halo 3 - M

Not every game you showed on that list is exclusive.

So lets not count them.

Wii

• Wii Play - E

Mario Party 8 - E

Super Mario Galaxy - E

Guitar Hero 3 - T

Low rated BUT good games.

Look at them both, on the X-Box theres no games rated E, and on the Wii 4/7 of them are rated E, and the rest of T. This is kind of obvious that the X-Box is a system more for older kids, and the Wii is for younger kids. The T games for Wii, Guitar Hero, Zelda, Metroid are all games that are played by little kids that parents wouldn't mind, except for maybe Metroid in occasional situations. Also the price, the Wii is $50 cheaper, younger kids are generally now going to want to spend money, but older kids are more willing to shell out the extra cash for a system better for them.

I don't care about age groups. I care about GAMES!

Online play for the Wii is very limited, with no direct chat and friend codes. On X-Box there is direct chat and gamertags that the user picks out that can be offensive, if you go play a game on X-Box live I'm willing to bet lots of money that you'll hear loads of swears. Younger kids wouldn't really even know/want to use online play at all! The Wii is also a family system, which a lot of parents would prefer for their kids over a system like X-Box filled with action and violence.

Excuse me!!!!!!!!!!?

After re-reading this, I feel like I'm supporting the Wii more then the X-Box, probably because I have an original X-Box and a Wii, but I'm going to get a 360 soon :P

When i'm reading this post i'm feeling you are more Xbox than Wii

If you are wondering why i replied...

I replied because i needed to clear up a few things.

The consoles are not all directed towards the same audience. Lets use the X-Box and the Wii as an example since I have both it's easier for me to describe what I'm thinking Razz .

X-Box

Mass Effect - M

Call of Duty 4 - M

Assassin's Creed - M

Guitar Hero 3 - T

Halo 3 - M

Wii

Wii Play - E

Mario Party 8 - E

Super Mario Galaxy - E

Guitar Hero 3 - T

Notice how they are xbox 360 Games not Xbox...

and you only picked NEW releases.

Just going to add: I read in the news the other day that ps3 sales doubled per week when the price cut came out. So much for Sony's "Everyone will buy our system cause its so great no matter what the price is" attitude. And no, I'm not a fanboy, but when I read some quotes from Sony a while back before the ps3's release, their cockyness didn't exactly make me like them...

happiehour.jpeg

The consoles are not all directed towards the same audience. Lets use the X-Box and the Wii as an example since I have both it's easier for me to describe what I'm thinking Razz .

X-Box

Mass Effect - M

Call of Duty 4 - M

Assassin's Creed - M

Guitar Hero 3 - T

Halo 3 - M

Wii

Wii Play - E

Mario Party 8 - E

Super Mario Galaxy - E

Guitar Hero 3 - T

Notice how they are xbox 360 Games not Xbox...

and you only picked NEW releases.

I got those games of ebgames.com best sellers :P

I got those games of ebgames.com best sellers

I prefer just looking at http://www.gamerankings.com and comparing every game above around 8.0 to compare systems, probably the best way.

Personaly i don't think that is the best way.

I say play the games yourself and judge them.

That stilll is incredibly expensive. When you're looking at all three consoles from a glance and are trying to decide it's best to go with the (average) reviews. Sure maybe once in a blue moon a game will get very, very poor reviews and you'll love it anyways but it doesn't happen often -- often times a game that rates poorly is just that, poor.

Hell if you want look at games that are >70%. This is easy because that is a very 'average' review and gives you some breathing room for games while filtering out the crap. (lets be honest, anything lower than 70% probably is not very good unless your a fanboy, and with the exception of PC games that can change [i.E MMO's] nothing is going to change on a console).

I know that you enjoyed a game that rated piss-poor on there henman, and thats why you're being so difficult, but when you're trying to compare which system is the best it's the best to look at an average of what many people think.

Right now i am observing a few things on this topic and others like this...

When i come to my conclusion i will tell you what think.

(nothing to do with consoles)

The suspense is killing me.

ouch. The PS3 version of the orange box was plauged with slowdowns. Granted valve didn't actually do the PS3 version, they pawned it off onto an EA company. However even if it isn't all the PS3's fault it's no doubt to hurt it a bit more, losing a good game like ToB.

ouch. The PS3 version of the orange box was plauged with slowdowns. Granted valve didn't actually do the PS3 version, they pawned it off onto an EA company. However even if it isn't all the PS3's fault it's no doubt to hurt it a bit more, losing a good game like ToB.

Yeah the 360 version = horrible as well.