Customer Support...=`[

RayOxide

A NOTE TO MODERATORS:

MOVE THIS TO RANTS IF YOU WANT, BUT I THINK IT HOLDS SOME DISCUSSION \'

Is Customer Support gone that far downhill? Is it possible to just enter a string of words, and be free of any crime?

Just to inform you, the Customer Support is made up of very few people, and since Jagex doesn't want their employees working all night and day, they use bots to shoulder all of the work. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I've been told that the CS Bot works on the weight of words (for example, the word bread has more weight than the word the) this is like how Google works different words into its' searches. I recently got 8.0 Blackmarks for swearing at a noob, and I appealed by saying "KILLING EATING BLOOD DYING SUICIDE" and recieved a response that said something along the lines of "Congratulations, we have concluded that you were not in control of your account at the time, your account has been unlocked."

I mean, come on, I'm mad that my account got unlocked! I'm sad that Customer Support has fallen so far.

The implications of this scare me...is it possible that everyone's Macro-Reporting sprees have been useless? Owners of Bots could easily type something about "KILLING SUICIDE" and not get banned. Pretty much, no one ahs to worry about getting banned anymore because they can just type in random long words.

Seriously...Jagex doesn't need to worry about new updates. They need to worry about how they work their discipline.

Thank You :XD:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

We can't be sure that always works like that. Probably your reputation at school for being "emo" scared JaGex :P.

I sent in a query about how to keep the game going longer and instead got something along the lines of this: "Get members now!".

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Macro reporting isn't useless. I don't think they even look at appeals by people who were banned from macroing. When they ban them they know beyond any doubt the person was autoing and that is a permanent ban.

I think you are wrong about customer support though. I get amazingly fast responses from them. They always answer to exactly what I am asking and usually have something that they personally typed out themself rather than just a completely automated message.

Guest Armagedon46disabled

what they do is if u get banned for say like ur talking to a friend and u swear accidenatly they bann u with out warning they automaticaly set it to succesfully appeal if u get banned for somthing bigger irl trading scamming, they automatical decline

Macro reporting isn't useless. I don't think they even look at appeals by people who were banned from macroing. When they ban them they know beyond any doubt the person was autoing and that is a permanent ban.

Um excvept my friend who was banned for macroing in RS1 has recently been unbanned. He didn't simply macro skills, he autocaught and actively deprived others of their items. \'

screenshot244uy3.png

not mine, but yeah.. kinda funny. :-k

You DO realize how ridiculously easy it is to fake something like that, right?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

screenshot244uy3.png

LOL! but that is prob a fake its really easy as the above poster said since the backround is only 1 color

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

screenshot244uy3.png

LOL! but that is prob a fake its really easy as the above poster said since the backround is only 1 color

Not sure about this but I saw a friend get 4 offences for doing the same thing. going / / / / / / / / / / ... 1 on each line. He appealed all for with the exact same wording stateing it was to stay logged in while fishing. And he did'nt find it offensive in the least. We'll 2 appeals were accepted while 2 were denied.

deathnotesignature.png

As Monshadow Said, I Agree. Jagex Is improving every day to me. I'm starting to enjoy runescape more.

<3: O'Ducky

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

A NOTE TO MODERATORS:

MOVE THIS TO RANTS IF YOU WANT, BUT I THINK IT HOLDS SOME DISCUSSION \'

Is Customer Support gone that far downhill? Is it possible to just enter a string of words, and be free of any crime?

Just to inform you, the Customer Support is made up of very few people, and since Jagex doesn't want their employees working all night and day, they use bots to shoulder all of the work. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I've been told that the CS Bot works on the weight of words (for example, the word bread has more weight than the word the) this is like how Google works different words into its' searches. I recently got 8.0 Blackmarks for swearing at a noob, and I appealed by saying "KILLING EATING BLOOD DYING SUICIDE" and recieved a response that said something along the lines of "Congratulations, we have concluded that you were not in control of your account at the time, your account has been unlocked."

I mean, come on, I'm mad that my account got unlocked! I'm sad that Customer Support has fallen so far.

The implications of this scare me...is it possible that everyone's Macro-Reporting sprees have been useless? Owners of Bots could easily type something about "KILLING SUICIDE" and not get banned. Pretty much, no one ahs to worry about getting banned anymore because they can just type in random long words.

Seriously...Jagex doesn't need to worry about new updates. They need to worry about how they work their discipline.

Thank You :XD:

Only a few people working with customer support okk....

Taken from the OFFICAL JAGEX WEBSITE

"Roughly half our team work on providing our players with support, answering queries and assisting with disputes or lost passwords. Most of the remaining half work directly or indirectly on RuneScape - scriptwriting, coding, graphics, audio and testing all make up the giant development effort required to keep RuneScape frequently updated."

The only reason their replys are crap is cause people send in pointless querys and report when there not neccerssary.

EG. I don't reports many people are all if they swear at me

1. I just laugh at their immaturity.

2. If the world has been filtered then the filter has done its job, if its not filtered and still rude yeh report.

People report people for autoing non stop, yeh thats fair enough, but think of the amount of reports that one bot already has got, thats now like 20 reports on one bot.

Say it takes them 1min to go through a report, reading the text to make sure, thats 20 mins, on one bot when they knew it was autoing from the first report.

If the players grow up and learn to report legit rule breakers then the customer support will be a lot better.

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

If the offence wasn't commited and it was a mistake why would they take any notice of what you write in the comments section. If the offence wasn't committed they won't look at the comments bit and go 'oh yeh it actually was committed'. The comments bit doesn't affect whether or not the offence was actually committed.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing