Hunter ethics

guzoliub

Welcome to Runescape, there are a limited number of worlds and one good spot for the best xp in hunter. Two people under lvl 80 is actually better for the two of you, once it gets to three people its too much. But you seriously cant complain about sharing a world with someone near your level, especially durring peak hours (after school lets out for the kids). I understand when someone comes in and places their traps on yours, its really annoying and childish. But you are playing the game like you are the only one playing it. You are going to have to give a little here and there, get used to it.

sig3gk6.png

The same thing has happened to the wilderness, and its spreading across all aspects of the game, no one believes in decency, respect, morals, or ethics anymore.

You will hear, "Its just a game, why would i have to be polite!" even most of tip it thinks this way nowadays so dont expect much sympathy.

I know...

I'm not a member, but it's the same for nonmember iron mining.

For example, once, I was alone with another iron miner with 41+ mining; I had 38 at the time. I just asked for one rock, and the other miner said,"No." (I know that's kind of nooby, but... ONE ROCK! What's his problem!?) :wall:

I've never stole a person's spot before while Hunting and at the minute I'm at around 18m xp.. but I went Hunting today and all of the Hunter's I came across were unbelievably arrogant, so now I have just started stealing spots.. but only if they are jerks.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

You explanation is exactly the reaon that hunting is my second weakest skill. I just can't handle the number of ignorant players who don't have the courtesy to switch worlds.

I wish Jagex would adopt the same coding that controls farming. That chinchompa spawns that you see, cannot be seen by other players. That way you can happily share spots.

Harrington.gif

I have this problem often while ranging lessers on Crandor. There is only 2 lessers there so 2 people there halves my exp. No choice but to hop.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Most ppl don't realise that 2 or 3 ppl hunting red chins per world is faster than on your own.

On your own they spawn faster than you can control and catch them, you get behind and end up having to kill the ones that run off quite often. (100k per hr)

With 2 ppl, you can keep up with the spawn rates, and can stop the chins from running off for long periods of time. It is faster xp (110-120k per hr)

With 3, you're effiency is reduced back down to the same rate as on your own, unless you have an effective positioning of your traps. (100k per hr)

I have 26m hunt xp btw, i'm know something of what i speak :).

Getting such high xp rates require lvl 80 hunt atleast and minor skill of positioning-try to spread your traps across the spawns, don't try to pretend that the silly box formation is the best, thats just lazy. :shame:

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

This is almost the same thing as with any crowded training spot. Myself I just leave or worldhop when a noob comes. When a high level comes, I usually keeps training there.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Most ppl don't realise that 2 or 3 ppl hunting red chins per world is faster than on your own.

On your own they spawn faster than you can control and catch them, you get behind and end up having to kill the ones that run off quite often. (100k per hr)

With 2 ppl, you can keep up with the spawn rates, and can stop the chins from running off for long periods of time. It is faster xp (110-120k per hr)

With 3, you're effiency is reduced back down to the same rate as on your own, unless you have an effective positioning of your traps. (100k per hr)

I have 26m hunt xp btw, i'm know something of what i speak :).

Getting such high xp rates require lvl 80 hunt atleast and minor skill of positioning-try to spread your traps across the spawns, don't try to pretend that the silly box formation is the best, thats just lazy. :shame:

hmm, I am 71 hunter currently and my observations are:

alone 50-55k/h

someone around my lvl (4 traps) <40k/h

once a guy put all his traps in a line and the exp looked like 60k/h for me, but he left soon.

all those are estimates, as i never had the chance to hunt for an hour in the same conditions.

+ i do try to set my traps around the spawns

I do not know what kind of trap formation could be mutually benefitial. And even if i knew - how do i convince the other hunter to set his traps in a speciffic way :) ?

when i was getting 99 hunter, and people tried to force me out, i just stayed there and didn't talk, eventually they got frustrated/bored and just left :lol:

although once there was a really persistent jerk who kept trying to steal my spot for 2 and a half hours!!! <.<

Vengeful+Dusk.png