a potential solution to the dueling problem: trust stakes

ixfd64

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody's heard of deathmatches?

Good point, the 2 people could just have their rules and show their inventories with whatever they are able to use and the cash and skull then kill. Simple as pie.

except for ppl using dragon imps to bank the expensive items in their inventory first.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Good point, the 2 people could just have their rules and show their inventories with whatever they are able to use and the cash and skull then kill. Simple as pie.

except for ppl using dragon imps to bank the expensive items in their inventory first.

Did you mean imp boxes? I'm pretty sure that dragon imps don't bank items.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Well, after hearing arguments from various sources, I'm still inclined to agree that honor stakes could become common.

Before the dueling update, a losing opponent could click "x" and have a high chance of not losing their item. With "honor" stakes, there's nothing from preventing the losing player from refusing to give the items, which is just as easy as x-ing out. If a player who is about to lose 50m is honorable enough to not click the "x" button, (s)he should be honorable enough to trade over the "stakes" after the duel.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

You know why this might work? Not because it's a foolproof way to stake, but because people WOULD get scammed every so often and complain to Jagex. And they seem to have a heavy anti-scamming theme with their recent updates, so they might reinstate the dueling cap so that people have an unfeeling third party- the game code- to act as a middleman, thus preventing scamming.

This is just a random theory, so it might be totally wrong, but it's something to consider. Any thoughts on this?

Very different. Plus, you have to be in the wilderness. Suppoed you have a 10m deathmatch going on and some lucky PKer just happens to stroll by. He nails you when you are very lo won HP and supplies, and boom... an easy 20m.

This could be a solution to everyone's problems. In game mods and/or TIF staff and admins could be the middleman. Aside from that, you'll just have to go on pure trust. I mean whats the owrst that could happen? You win the duel and the guy refuses to pay? Yeah, you wasted your time and it's a bit frustrating... but you don't lose anything so you can't be TOO upset over it.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

Jagex, GJ, you're pumping out a crap load of crap so now players have to almost scam each other to enjoy staking again. GJ Jagex, GJ. =D> (sarcasm btw).

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Forgot to add something. Unless you are 100% sure the middleman is trustworthy, this wouldnt work at all. I've got some oooold RS friends. I'm no scammer, nor am I dishonest. But if two people were having a 50m stake and they both gave it to me (even good RS friends)... I must admit I myself would even be a little tempted :anxious: .

I still think the idea of trusting the other person to trade is the best idea. If you win and they dont trade, who cares. You didnt lose anything except a couple minutes of your time. If you win and they pay, then woohoo!

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

It seems that other people are picking up on this idea as well. On the RSOF, there's already a few people offering "trust staking" services.

I'll have to admit, if someone gave me 50m to hold on to, I'd be tempted as well, although I'd never scam.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape: