a potential solution to the dueling problem: trust stakes

ixfd64

Heck why I said in another topic that communist Jagex next step in trying to get rid of RWIT is to remove trading. With the GE people will have the necessary ability to trade all items. Since they'll actually be tracking market prices for items, they will be able to easily detect extremes that may be RWIT trades.

It is quite funny that many so-called "honest" players are now thinking about ways to circumvent game mechanics that were designed to be this way. It's clear that Jagex doesn't want people to stake millions anymore and yet all people can think of are ways to circumvent that. It's quite ironic, since the same people condemn the so-called "cheats" who essentially don't do anything different. :lol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are to many possible problems with this idea.

What they could do is just make it so that stakes need to be about the same amount. Maybe make it so that each person's stake has to be within 10% of the value of the other persons. For example: Player A stakes 5 mill; Player B has to stake at least 4.5 mill,, but no more than 5.5 mill.

Also, since Jagex seems to have a system for utilizing (sp?) market prices of items, this could also be applied (Player A stakes a green mask (currently about 17 mill, I think); Player B must now stake either a cash pile between 15.3 mill and 18.7 mill or the equivilent in items).

This wouldn't work, I suggested the same thing just after the update came out then realised/was told by Paul that it wouldn't work.

They'd still be able to real world item trade, I assume the person buying has atleast some money, this would quickly double until they had the full amount.

It'd only take 10 duels to get from 2,000gp to 1,024,000gp. And I assume the person buying has even a bit more money than that making it go up a lot quicker.

I highly doubt that this would work for players outside of TIF. Maybe, in TIF, the admins or Global Mods could be the MM's (Middlmen/women), but other than that. I doubt it. You can try, but I don't support it.

Why drag them in again? :roll: They have every right to play the game as normally as we do and don't owe us such a service.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I highly doubt this would work *inside* of TIF. Judging by the sheer response to "I be middleman plz" someone's going to skim or run off with the winnings.

Just take it to the wild. Any smart players can DM without worry of pile jumpers.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Runescape generations keep getting more [kitty].

I can see why they whine about stuff like not being able to DM in wild because someone might pop up and jump you. But thats how many players fought before there was anything to whine about.

And before that we fought on the streets, in between towns, upstairs in buildings, downstairs in basements, you were virtually unsafe anywhere , where there weren't lvl 28 guards.

Maybe thats why Ixfd suggests this technique, since I know he played back than as well. And maybe thats why the majority see's so many socalled "flaws" like getting jumped and having to "trust" eachother.

Personally I don't see that as a problem, but another part of the game.

All who disagree should probably go have a diaper change :-w :wink:

Umm... explain to me how scammers can't just walk in and offer their services? and how many people would actually trust a total stranger with their items?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Does Tip.It have a policy against "trust" services? If not, I might offer this service here. But I don't want to get wrongfully banned for real world trading, so I'll probably only accept up to 50k (either in GP or items) from either side at the most.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

The wonderful thing about staking was that neither players needed to trust each other, so stakes could happen with relative ease. Doing this is the equivalent of us going back to the Middle Ages, and middlemen are never the best solution, simply because they can't be trusted. For now, leave staking until something happens. Go train a skill or something.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

The wonderful thing about staking was that neither players needed to trust each other, so stakes could happen with relative ease.

I guess so but during the course of RS2 there have been many, many bugs in duelling that stakers have taken advantage of which is why I wouldn't trust them.

Heck why I said in another topic that communist Jagex next step in trying to get rid of RWIT is to remove trading.

That's what I told everyone in chat.

Nobody's heard of deathmatches?

good thinking, aslong as you don't go in multi wildy and aslong as both ppl where phats to prove they have the goods, atleast before the battle...

with no dragon imps!

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

For the actual game, cut the medium (the middleperson) out.

Just have each person's 5m be taken from their inv and held in a variable (m1[person 1] + m2[person 2] = m3[combined]), when a winner (w) is determined, just add "m3" (the amount of gold from each user combined) to "w"'s inventory.

It's simple enough.

-[Miathae]-

This would work for really good friends. TBH if I were a middel person, than 5-10% of each persons stake would be enough that scamming wouldnt be worth my while (I like repeat buisness). I would think 10% for like 1m wagers and 5% for maybe 5m and up.

I agree. :\

The "as long as you don't break rules, you have nothing to worry about" stuff is complete bull.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

I will be your middleman free of charge.

This is the kind of person that stops the whole idea dead; the kind that runs straight off with your money :|

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...