how to convince stubborn dad...

mawd_luva

my dad thinks I can get viruses from runescape. I know you can get them from the ads and popups, but has never heared of anyone getting from runescape directly through the cache files. Is there anyway I can get my dad to let me play? I also use rs so i can talk to my IRL friends too so if i cant play i am distant from the outside world as well.

baller_playa.png

my dad thinks I can get viruses from runescape. I know you can get them from the ads and popups, but has never heared of anyone getting from runescape directly through the cache files. Is there anyway I can get my dad to let me play? I also use rs so i can talk to my IRL friends too so if i cant play i am distant from the outside world as well.
It's your parents decision to let you play or not. I'm not sure what can convince him.

~Alina

~Tip.It's #1 Party Girl & Events Team Supporter~

2141567593_54ae68f6f3_o.jpg

Next TET Event: A Holy Pilgrimage!

Next TET AU Event: Zamorak Strikes Back Part 1!

PM me if you need any help with an event.

Get a good antivirus program (AVG Free) and firewall (ZoneAlarm Free). Explain to him that the only thing RuneScape download is Java cache files, which are non executable and will not contain viruses. Locate and scan the cache files with AVG to prove it.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Run a virus scan and prove to him there are no viruses.Stand next to him any time he is at the computer. Every tiem he goes to a new site, say(correctly i might add) that this site is less safe than runescape. Then, do not go on runescape for a week, and make sure he knows so.(let him block it if you will)Download several viruses on your computer, and tell him it's his fault. Then, join a gang and stay out until at least 2am every night until they beg you to play runescape.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Run a virus scan and prove to him there are no viruses.Stand next to him any time he is at the computer. Every tiem he goes to a new site, say(correctly i might add) that this site is less safe than runescape. Then, do not go on runescape for a week, and make sure he knows so.(let him block it if you will)Download several viruses on your computer, and tell him it's his fault. Then, join a gang and stay out until at least 2am every night until they beg you to play runescape.

I try that after i kill my dad and sell his insides to buy bail later on... [/sarcasm]

anyways.. I email'd my uncle who has a degree in computers that only like 6-8 people have about the matter and hopefully he can give feedback to my dad about it.

baller_playa.png

anyways.. I email'd my uncle who has a degree in computers that only like 6-8 people have about the matter and hopefully he can give feedback to my dad about it.

Good idea. Having a professional perspective is always a good way to convince somebody that doesn't know enough about a particular subject. Good luck.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Good idea. Having a professional perspective is always a good way to convince somebody that doesn't know enough about a particular subject. Good luck.

+1

Tell your dad how many accounts actually pay to play runescape. Then tell him "do you actually thing jagax would allow their customers to get a virus from their service?". Ask him if you had a magic website that spit out thousand dollar bills wouldn't you keep it clean? He has to listen to reason.

Fools_Taco.png

Get a good antivirus program (AVG Free) and firewall (ZoneAlarm Free). Explain to him that the only thing RuneScape download is Java cache files, which are non executable and will not contain viruses. Locate and scan the cache files with AVG to prove it.

We had at work one PC with AVG Free and keeped allways updated and this antivirus:

1. Maked that PC very slow with AVG realtime protection;

2. If AVG found started some exe file with virus or troyan inside - AVG allways are unable to remove/delete it from system just all the time disturb user with warning then AVG found some virus, but unable to do something!

Later we started suspect then that PC is very infected with a lot of viruses not matter then all the time PC had realtime AVG protection and programmer who worked with this PC allways keeped AVG updated!

Then another programmer suggested to try Avira Free-Anti Virus when we installed free-av we found more then 40 infected instances of diferent kind of viruses and troyans, after this event I at home allways use Avira Free-AV - this antivirus is free for personal usage, what pluses of this antivirus:

1. This AV are small size - easy to download;

2. This AV has realtime protection, but not slowdown all computer like AVG or Norton Antivirus and eat less PC resources - especially good for games playing - you then get less lagged;

3. This AV especially good in war against troyans;

4. This Av without any problems solve infected not matter then started file;

5. This av autoupdate starts automatically and user don't need like with some others av to not forget to start update :)

Really is your choice but FreeAV OWNS AVG and main plus is then he use less PC resources for him needs and are smarter.

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

Really. Just show him this topic and he will be convinced.

Also, for antivirus, i use NOD32, but that costs.

And for Firewall, DEFO get Comodo Firewall Pro.

Its a SSL protected firewall and is free. There website SSL certificate is even assured up to $1,000,000, provws how protecttive they are about your computer ;]

3916.png

3917.png