Read- About pictures not working

Toad

well people are getting hacked thourgh images if you look on the latest news so the reason there not working is because of they have currently been disabled till the problem has been resolved media board will never be the same again :roll:

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

how could you be hacked thru images? :?

anyways, quotes and stuff arnt working either. grrr....

EDIT: just read the jagex website...thats weird...seems like only jpeg files could be crafted to contain viruses. at least allow us to use png files (keep the pixels alive!).

adolpha2mp.png

[Jarkan (retired)]-[2001-2003]

[Adolpha (retired)]-[2003-2004]

how could you be hacked thru images? :?

anyways, quotes and stuff arnt working either. grrr....

EDIT: just read the jagex website...thats weird...seems like only jpeg files could be crafted to contain viruses. at least allow us to use png files (keep the pixels alive!).

i was about to say hacking can only be done true .Jpg's and html coding.. by just looking at it.

signature_1.gif

Oh no.. no siggys anymore.

well lets go back to the basic form of generated pictures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<( ' _ ' )> me

(\/) (';..;') (\/) lobster

XXXXXXX

XXXXXXX net

XXXXXXX

XXXXXXX

XXXXXXX --> --> --> (\/) (^o^) (\/) swims away

XXXXXXX

<( > _ < )> dam I missed it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know.. theres no replacement.. :(

vistame09copyhr8.png

Oh poopie!

I miss em already...

:(

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

seems like this hacking could only be done in theory. check out the mcAfee website and found a link to this article:

http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/content/v_128461.htm

http://www.computerworld.com/securityto ... 88,00.html

look at the dates, those are old vulns. patched months and months ago

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Trust me, this is all BS. PURE AND UTTER.

No one is getting hacked through images, it's people who are using dodgy versions of sw1ftsw1tch, downloading autoers, and going to dodgy sites they get in their emails. The only problem tip.it has it dishing out spyware in it's adverts.

THAT IS ALL.

You censor out program names now? Come on, Paranoia is taking over.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Quit RS 2005 | RSN: Johnalder

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

entangle, you obviously didn't get it. It was the people who did not have the Sp2 update for windows, and other updates that left their computer open. As someone explained in a different post, you can hide a virus in an image, and when your pc opens it up, wallah you have the virus.

People who have kept their windows and such updated however will be fine, just because im guessing it was a flaw in windows, that is fixed with the sp2.

and program names... what programs are you talkin about? if your talking about extensions, its a good thing. it makes sure that people can't just acidently click on something, have it open up and infect them. They actualy have to make sure they want to look at it (by adding the extension)

Anyways... would you rather loose all your stuff, or just not be able to see images for a little bit. Its a security messure, hell, better safe then sorry right?

and if you don't like it, you are free to leave.

entangle, you obviously didn't get it. It was the people who did not have the Sp2 update for windows, and other updates that left their computer open. As someone explained in a different post, you can hide a virus in an image, and when your pc opens it up, wallah you have the virus.

People who have kept their windows and such updated however will be fine, just because im guessing it was a flaw in windows, that is fixed with the sp2.

and program names... what programs are you talkin about? if your talking about extensions, its a good thing. it makes sure that people can't just acidently click on something, have it open up and infect them. They actualy have to make sure they want to look at it (by adding the extension)

Anyways... would you rather loose all your stuff, or just not be able to see images for a little bit. Its a security messure, hell, better safe then sorry right?

and if you don't like it, you are free to leave.

this exploit is pretty old and nearly everyone should have the fix for it even antivirus software updates recognise them. also this isnt some script kiddy virus it was EXTREMLY rare and hard to do. yes there was an exploit but that doesnt mean it was an easy one. this is over paranoiyer yet we allow virus ridden and spyware ads to continue? hopefully merc comes and says something cus this is his speciality

That's complete and utter rubbish Nadril. I don't trust microsoft enough to get their updates, and I certainly don't want them snooping around my system. It's all about knowing how to look after your pc, hell I don't even need an antivirus, and my pc has been virus free for over a year.

The program I was on about was swiftsw1tch. I mean come on, typing the word isnt going to instantly give you mydoom or something :lol:

Trust me, all this is for nothing. I don't give a crap about RS, I'd rather see images thanks. I HIGHLY doubt anyone intrested in RS and browsing these forums can embed viruses in images. If anything, they're from tip.its dodgy adverts.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

Another thing, Jagex said that the account hijackings were coming from a Runescape Fansite. That doesnt not neseccarily mean that Tip.It is the source of the problem, and if anything, I'd be pointing my finger at Runescape Community.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Back as of 5/7/2008!

however entangle, not everyone can keep their pc up to date. and like they said, they arn't sure if its the poblem or not, and this is only temporary just to be safe.