to those complaining about recent updates

Dravenstormn

first off I would like to say STOP whining. :shame:

second I would like to say yes there have been some recent changes that impact alot of people who see things as "fun". But it is something we are all going to have to deal with. As many of us have before.Complaining is just showing people how immature you really are about things.

Examples of the HUGE changes that Jagex has made to "accomodate" complainers.

1) change to the pk anywhere.

Alot of us LOVED this idea. Someone annoyed you while training you kill them . Nice and simple. people complained it's gone.

2) good/evil magic

the fear spell was a great thing in it's day. Allowed people to play the "evil" role a bit more than what you can today. people complained , it's gone.

3) dueling anywhere

great thing it was in it's time. then people complained "OMG it is such a long walk from Lumby to anywhere there is a bank" And so became dueling in the arena.

4) a little more recent dueling change staking caps.

People say in the arena and did nothing but duel all day to make money and items. YAY what a great thing. But that is not what Jagex meant Runescape to be was a dueling based game. If they had wanted that it woulda been Mortal CombatScape not RuneScape. Items and money are meant to be worked for and not sitting there in an arena seeing who is more lucky with thier hits.

5) Grand exchange

A method of trading without having to sit there in a bank and shouting "I am selling my unwanted junk , please buy it" Again this merchanting is one way people are sitting on all these items and money they really did nothing to work for. And again not the intention of Jagex point of the game. If they had meant for this to be the basis of the game it woulda been more like the stock exchange.( not very interesting IMHO ) And yet again people are going to have to kick back and work at something for once use the skills implimented in the game to use.

So all in all they are pushing things in the direction they wanted it to go in the first place. Had people actually played "by the rules" and not done the RWT or scammed or complained when their best friend Billy stole their party hat these things would not be set into motion.

I myself have played since almost the very beginning of the game and never staked once , never sat in a bank for hours on end shouting for someone to buy my junk. I went out and used the skills I gained while playing to make my money and gain the items the way they were intended to be.

Stop complaining and let things be there will always be a change coming and we are going to have to deal with it as we have in the past.

Just the 2 cents of an old player :P

dravensigki6.jpg

Started January 2001

i guess everything will blow over. The only downside i see 2 their updates is that it's all about real world traders and trying 2 stop them.

i myself, i am hopeless at making cash and im lv 95!, 1430 total(took me 3 days to get a whip but that was becase, a really good friend told me the method and i was extremly bored at that time!)

But if they keep getting rid of off methods they will shorten the game 2 a msn with people being noobs and and wearing funny outfits.

everything they have updated was 2 bring something else in.

1 thing i hate out of the november updates(no more regual staking, duel tornments are impossible 2 win cause lv 100's storm each registor.)

but in the end a good topic and good words i think =D>

I agree with you, people complain too much and don't realize how runescape was meant to be played. I think all the updates this month were amazing and even if you do have beef with some of them.... let them tweak the system and fix little faults. Everything with be better in the long run

The november updates have been fantastic.

I love the idea of the Grand Exchange. It's a central place to buy whatever you need for a pre-determined price range.

It's great for skilling and means that you don't have to struggle to get on to one of the main trading worlds which always tend to be full. You don't have to waste an hour trawling through hundreds of "selling X" looking desperately for the person selling what you're after buying.

It also removes the rip off element risk. Want to buy a seers ring but not sure of the price, and don't have time to look it up as you might miss the deal of a lifetime? Go to the exchange, put in a reasonable offer based on the guideline price and it's yours if one is available.

All I can say is wow, well done Jagex. Brilliant development almost seemlessly implemented.

There is nothing wrong with complaning and doing so doesn't make look immature.

We as customers of Jagex have every right to demand a better game. Infact, without us complaning Jagex would not had been as motivated to make the improvements made so far.

Also, all the examples you listed are not really defending your point. All those changes were made thanks to complainers. Those are examples that support that complaning is good for Runescape :-k

090831004444.png

There is nothing wrong with complaning and doing so doesn't make look immature.

We as customers of Jagex have every right to demand a better game. Infact, without us complaning Jagex would not had been as motivated to make the improvements made so far.

Also, all the examples you listed are not really defending your point. All those changes were made thanks to complainers. Those are examples that support that complaning is good for Runescape :-k

If you played during the first updates he mentioned, you would agree that it was better BEFORE the updates.

All the updates mentioned in the post were up to opinion.

I disagreed with Jagex on the Duel Arena, but I'm not gonna keep whining on about it for the next year. Maybe just a month or two untill summoning comes out. :XD: '

I'm tired of the moaning, getting annoying.

No witty signatures for me :(

I forgot to add that Jagex is nothing without us. Without players Runescape doesn't exist. That should be their attitude toward us.

If they don't have that attitude soon enough there will be another company who will come and have that attitude and who will take all Jagex's costumers and bankrupt them.

090831004444.png

If you played during the first updates he mentioned, you would agree that it was better BEFORE the updates.

________

Are you kidding? Getting pked anywhere? That's insane. I wouldn't last a week in a game like that.

090831004444.png

________

Are you kidding? Getting pked anywhere? That's insane. I wouldn't last a week in a game like that.

You underline my point, that Jagex has evolved RS2 into more of a noob/kiddie/special olympics game. Where everybody is supposed to feel "special"...

Im a teen.

I play by the rules.

I work for my cash by skills like it was intended to.

I complain if the updates are really drastic. (doesnt happen much)

And im somewhat rich. ::'

I have to say tho, this month has been hard on most players.

I assume you are talking about Staking.

Let me remind you, that most players don't have members, so most players don't stake.

Hell, most members don't stake either once they establish themselves in a skill.

Sure this month has owned one of the best months of the year

Well, in two means

good - Grand exchange

bad - duel arena

Dharoks, emo's ultimate weapon if you know what i'm sayin. :lol:
Very nice 10/10

For a second when I was looking at your drop-list picture. Ilooked at the dragon longsword and said "They have a dragon longsword now??" ohh I'm tired :wall:

..., then I noticed a gravestone where our tank was supposed to be and my health was a 1 digit number again.

________

You underline my point, that Jagex has evolved RS2 into more of a noob/kiddie/special olympics game. Where everybody is supposed to feel "special"...

So if I don't like pking or being in wildy that makes me a noob?

I have nothing against pkers but no one should be forced into pking. And that doenst make Runescape a lesser game.

For the most part, I like how Runescape is now. If Runescape went back to its original version, the one you liked and miss, then it would be you and a few others who would be playing it.

Now, where is the fun in playing a game with so few people?

090831004444.png

first off I would like to say STOP whining.

What, exactly, is the point of starting a thread whining about what you consider to be other people whining?

If someone criticizes a recent update and you think that the criticism is off-base, why not engage your brain and reply with a post stating WHY you think the update is alright? Then maybe a useful discussion would ensue, and if you have a valid point, maybe you'd change some people's minds.

This thread, however, is just insulting mularkey.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

first off I would like to say STOP whining.

What, exactly, is the point of starting a thread whining about what you consider to be other people whining?

If someone criticizes a recent update and you think that the criticism is off-base, why not engage your brain and reply with a post stating WHY you think the update is alright? Then maybe a useful discussion would ensue, and if you have a valid point, maybe you'd change some people's minds.

This thread, however, is just insulting mularkey.

Dunno if you noticed, that people pay no attention , when someone states WHY THEY THINK THE UPDATE IS GOOD.

Do a little reading around the forums , you'll see I'm 100% correct.

We all know where you stand qeltar, bent on undermining Jagex.

p.s. This thread isn't a whine, if you believe so, go to dictionary.com under "whine".

Im a teen.

I play by the rules.

I work for my cash by skills like it was intended to.

I complain if the updates are really drastic. (doesnt happen much)

And im somewhat rich. ::'

I have to say tho, this month has been hard on most players.

I assume you are talking about Staking.

Let me remind you, that most players don't have members, so most players don't stake.

Hell, most members don't stake either once they establish themselves in a skill.

Seeing as freeplayers cant complain since they dont have forum rights and never get updates, i would be refering to members.

And not everyone stakes all day long. Some people come and fight a few rounds, win some cash then leave again.

I dont stake and i have won around 100k from the duel arena just by stopping by and fighting random people.

Id say skilling is ftw but thats just my opinion. :wink: