Enough is enough!

Wisp

Over the past several updates jagex has been ruining the game.

The grand exchange has good features, fast buying, fast selling, but it removes the biggest money maker almost completely from the picture. Merchanting is still possible, just more difficult, and much more difficult. The point of merchanting is that people donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t want to spend the time looking for something cheaper, so they just buy for more.

DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t just go ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Ålol, merchanters are noobs!ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Throw Jagex a bone. Their are good reasons for these updates. Jagex wouldnt intentionally ruin the game. In the long run these updates will help the game.

People have always been complaining about autoers and RWters, and now Jagex are really doing something about it. The trouble is people just want Jagex to wave a magic wand. Jagex have got to radically change the game to stop them, and people have to make sacrifices, like staking.

Meh, maybe im sticking up for jagex to much here, but I've been on Jagex's side ever since they nerfed pest control and its pathetic products.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

You make an interesting point. However, I must say I don't agree with you.

First of all Jagex is overacting to the RWT a bit. However I'm glad that they are at least trying to get rid of them. Furthermore, you are obviously very distressed, you should wait a few days and let yourself calm down before rushing to conclusions.

signature.png

Calm down.

Before I didn't like the Duel Arena update but then I realized its for the better and accepted it and found other ways to make money.

GE didn't hinder merching that much, it's still alive and kicking for now.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

If speculators are correct, three of the major activities done in Runescape since the days of classic (one is destroyed while the second taken a stab in the side) will be corroded all thanks not to Jagex, but the gold farmers. You have to thank them for ruining the game. :-k

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Over the past several updates jagex has been ruining the game.

The grand exchange has good features, fast buying, fast selling, but it removes the biggest money maker almost completely from the picture. Merchanting is still possible, just more difficult, and much more difficult. The point of merchanting is that people donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t want to spend the time looking for something cheaper, so they just buy for more.

DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t just go ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Ålol, merchanters are noobs!ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

I've waited over two weeks since dueling changed.

I admit i may of overeacted a bit on ge, but i have no doubt in my opinions on the arena. 3k is just pointless. i could make more in a minute literally.

I made a lot of money staking years ago, and i have spent the past few months getting money to raise my stats so i could stake again, and after all that, they ruin it. I think 1m per 15 minutes is still too low, but 3k! that's just ridiculous

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Money-making was never meant to be that easy, whether for merchanting or staking. Sorry, but I just can't see the problem with removing the ability for pures, products of a broken combat calculator, to make millions by lying to others in a short amount of time. The same goes for merchanting. Why should these people earn more money than a player who actually bothers to take to time to increase their skills? :roll:

The gravestones are a matter of opinion. Personally, I feel they are a rather creative addition to this game. First you complain about the game being harder, then you whine about it being easier?? Which is it..? Pick a side! :wall:

I believe the RL trading problem is larger than you think.. -.-

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

The same goes for merchanting. Why should these people earn more money than a player who actually bothers to take to time to increase their skills? :roll:

Why hate merchants? they have done nothing to you but provide service to sell items in huge bulk :?

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I wasnt a pure and i never lied to anyone to make my millions, so that shoots your stupid theory down in flames alexi.

How do people lie staking?, Its called the highscores, anyone with half decent stats is on them.

Pures arnt that great btw, i won a lot on my lvl 115 impure main.

Some people are even speculating that they are going to change the wilderness to stop rl trading, and if they do this, they will literally be taking the game and removing all the older, better features, with newer crappier features.

They are idiots and you actually believed their baseless speculations. :roll:

Sure, they remove the *occasional* real world trader, but stop 1000s of legit stakers from doing what they like, and making money.

Biased assumption. You have no idea how many real world traders there are. The whole place could be filled with real world traders for all we know and until we have all the facts, stop making stupid claims like that. And if that's not strong enough of a reason then how about this: By eliminating real-world traders, they eliminate bots..... for good.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

By eliminating real-world traders, they eliminate bots..... for good.
Wow your an idiot, want me to pm you the url for a public autoing site with 15430 registered members?, most of them just auto to get in game resources for their own accounts...

Autoing was arround before there was a market for rs gold, and the vast majority of autos you see are just people using the new [Please Don't Avoid the censor ~ Shaz] to get rich on rs, this bot can run up to 30 bots per person per computer.

For the record most of them are american/europian btw and just name their chars qin or choun ect to laugh about how the chinese get blamed, they even have threads about how funny they think it is.

Wow your an idiot, want me to pm you the url for a public autoing site with 15430 registered members?, most of them just auto to get in game resources for their own accounts...

Autoing was arround before there was a market for rs gold, and the vast majority of autos you see are just people using the new [Please don't avoid the censor ~ Shaz] to get rich on rs, this bot can run up to 30 bots per person per computer.

For the record most of them are american/europian btw and just name their chars qin or choun ect to laugh about how the chinese get blamed, they even have threads about how funny they think it is.

So basically just because one website has 15430 registered members each with 30 bots, then apparently all the sweatshops in china don't exist? This site would have 432900 bots, there's no way in hell that wouldn't go unnoticed. There's also no way in hell that they have that many bots going around right now. Until you have some real data, stop making stupid claims based on extremely limited findings.

Real life currency is exactly what is being targeted here. Obviously I don't even need to go over how this effective since you were criticizing me for ignoring the two others. Instead, let's look at ingame currency.

People will only get ingame currency if it's worth it to make 30 bots. The vast amount of wealth that bots can collect doesn't make it anywhere near to worth it for someone who has something to lose. So all you do is delete the main account, they are actually easier to get rid of because they have something to lose. Besides, I'm still correct even if these are targeted at real-world traders. What they have been doing is making the covert transaction of gp incredibly hard! What makes you think it will be any easier for them?

Basically, you're completely wrong in assuming that the bots are mostly people who are in it for ingame currency all because of a pathetic website (go ahead and give me the URL, I wanna see this filth with my own eyes). And you completely failed to see that the difficulty to transfer cash amongst real-world traders also makes it difficult for people who are in it for ingame currency.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Please remember namecalling does not act as part of a reasonable discussion. Please keep on topic.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Shaz moderates me in real life. <3:

In my opinion the Grand Exchange hasn't changed the RS economy greatly. There are always periods when prices fluctuate lower or higher. Around six to seven months ago, prices were even lower than what they are now on items such as sharks, dragon bones, etc.

Once the novelty wears off and the supply and demand balance out once again, then we will see prices change once more.

As for the duel arena, well yes, I can see your point here.

As for the upcoming updates, I have yet to see them for myself, so I am yet to comment on them.

Autoing was arround before there was a market for rs gold, and the vast majority of autos you see are just people using the new [Please don't avoid the censor ~ Shaz] to get rich on rs, this bot can run up to 30 bots per person per computer.

So basically just because one website has 15430 registered members each with 30 bots, then apparently all the sweatshops in china don't exist? This site would have 432900 bots, there's no way in hell that wouldn't go unnoticed. There's also no way in hell that they have that many bots going around right now. Until you have some real data, stop making stupid claims based on extremely limited findings.

Real life currency is exactly what is being targeted here. Obviously I don't even need to go over how this effective since you were criticizing me for ignoring the two others. Instead, let's look at ingame currency.

People will only get ingame currency if it's worth it to make 30 bots. The vast amount of wealth that bots can collect doesn't make it anywhere near to worth it for someone who has something to lose. So all you do is delete the main account, they are actually easier to get rid of because they have something to lose. Besides, I'm still correct even if these are targeted at real-world traders. What they have been doing is making the covert transaction of gp incredibly hard! What makes you think it will be any easier for them?

Basically, you're completely wrong in assuming that the bots are mostly people who are in it for ingame currency all because of a pathetic website (go ahead and give me the URL, I wanna see this filth with my own eyes). And you completely failed to see that the difficulty to transfer cash amongst real-world traders also makes it difficult for people who are in it for ingame currency.

Based on one website yes... the website that makes the bots.

And how is the covert transaction of gp harder? it would have been easier to catch a unbalanced stake in the arena then to catch this..

2 players on varrock castle roof alone, one of them a lvl 3 accidently attacks a guard and dies dropping every thing he had on him including 20m gold, the other "lucky" player picks it up and says OMG OMG!!.

So how has it gotten any harder?, a lot of gold sellers dont even HAVE members accounts, 90% of them auto on f2p yews remember..

So if they are f2p autoers why would they have a members acc? they dont bother.

So jagex has done [cabbage] all to stop xfers and a LOT to piss off legit players, end of story.

want me to pm you the url for a public autoing site with 15430 registered members?

Mind pming me it? It would be interesting to see what the macroers have pulled out.

I agree with the OP. The way I see it, Jagex is trying to fix their original 'mistakes' they made in rsc. By mistakes I mean how they varied their game from the way morpgs usually are. These variances are what made us come to love Runescape in the first place - it's different. Especially with the original PvP setup.

With these new updates, Runescape is becoming just another rpg which has the same crap as all the others, the type of game that their apparent target audience of 12 year olds love.

I think it's just all about Jagex's transformation every since the release of rs2. From a group of game owners having fun, to a business that exists to make money.

I personally don't have a problem with the new updates. Some initial ones, but after I use them- or find alternatives I'm fine with them.

Jagex is doing great- as a company they do great things with income they gain from RuneScape! (Okay! Perhaps their not funding Costumer Support as much as we'd liked but! :wall: !) They Give to charities, they (are, or almost) carbon neutral. AND they give plenty of job opportunities. How, how, can you even think about insulting a company such as Jagex (as long as it's not about Costumer Support :uhh: )

Before you vent, punch something else rather than a company trying to help YOU. Trying to give job opportunities to YOU (indirectly). Trying to help YOUR future ( being carbon neutral ). And trying to keep their game how they want it, are you the creator? How would you feel if you made a game, with your sweat and years of efforts smashed, bashed, broken, and shattered by a bunch of 12 year olds who shouldn't even be playing your game (not calling you a 12 year old, but lets face it. Most people on the Official Forums ranting about old pc, and staking are :|)

I don't blame you for venting! It's how you vent.

I'm not uncool enough to have a stat sig.

dan_i_can.png

I lied :-p

Doom, JaGex has to appeal to the biggest denominator. Whilst few are unhappy at the recent updates, the GENERAL runescape community will benefit. There are many aspects of runescape which remain in-tact, staking was good while it lasted. As was merchanting, people will move onto something new, of that I'm sure.

Myself, I'm neither here, nor there. I have used the G.E at ease. I didn't stake, and I didn't merchant. So I am fairly unaffected. I see your point clearly, but as I said, JaGex as a company are doing the right thing. (:

I am starting to think that Jagex is kinda overreacting to the RWT deal. However, like many scapers, I feel like its good that they are paying attention. But, they didn't have to ruin staking.

Anyway, I find the GE awesome. With many common items, it is so easy to buy stuff there.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

I am starting to think that Jagex is kinda overreacting to the RWT deal. However, like many scapers, I feel like its good that they are paying attention. But, they didn't have to ruin staking.

Anyway, I find the GE awesome. With many common items, it is so easy to buy stuff there.

The problem is players were nagging for something to happen. Now that Jagex are finally doing something players don't like it. It really is a lose - lose situation for Jagex. No matter what they do it never is good enough.

People forget staking was one of the more common ways to trade large amounts of cash without getting noticed. What people forget is that while Jagex changed normal staking they incorporated a tournament where you can win millions. If people were as good as they say they are they'd be able to win the tournaments.

Maybe its just me, but i don't see these things as ruined. I see them as improved.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Based on one website yes... the website that makes the bots.

And how is the covert transaction of gp harder? it would have been easier to catch a unbalanced stake in the arena then to catch this..

2 players on varrock castle roof alone, one of them a lvl 3 accidently attacks a guard and dies dropping every thing he had on him including 20m gold, the other "lucky" player picks it up and says OMG OMG!!.

Assuming that such an incredibly stupid way to transfer cash will go unnoticed is ignorant on your part.

So how has it gotten any harder?,

Eliminating the most popular ways to transfer gold by is automatically guaranteed to make it harder.

a lot of gold sellers dont even HAVE members accounts, 90% of them auto on f2p yews remember..

Completely baseless assumption. You claim that they don't have a members account? Try proving it. The evidence that the dueling arena is used as a mean for transfering cash proves otherwise. The rcing bots and other bots replacing members activities also prove otherwise.

So if they are f2p autoers why would they have a members acc? they dont bother.

Completely incorrect. They DO bother because there are member benefits that they want. They want to rc and pick flax.

So jagex has done [cabbage] all to stop xfers and a LOT to piss off legit players, end of story.

Conclusion based off of your facts. Trouble is, the sheer amount of ignorance in those points render this conclusion completely baseless.

BlueSig6.jpg

Some people are even speculating that they are going to change the wilderness to stop rl trading, and if they do this, they will literally be taking the game and removing all the older, better features, with newer crappier features.

They are idiots and you actually believed their baseless speculations. :roll:

Sure, they remove the *occasional* real world trader, but stop 1000s of legit stakers from doing what they like, and making money.

Biased assumption. You have no idea how many real world traders there are. The whole place could be filled with real world traders for all we know and until we have all the facts, stop making stupid claims like that. And if that's not strong enough of a reason then how about this: By eliminating real-world traders, they eliminate bots..... for good.

1: i did not believe there speculations, i just looked at them. I Just thought i'd mention them.

2: You are biased the opposite way on it also, so if that makes my opinion void, it certainly does the same to yours

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Solidus i agree with you on some points, like jagex just trying to piss players off, but i still think that you are wrong on some things.

To whoever said that i am complaining that the game is getting harder, i am not. I am saying that ruining one of the best and damaging the best moneymaker is just ridiculous. For whoever said staking is about lying to the other person, that's completely false, and you probably don't know much about staking. true, there are some people with names like 0o0ooo0o0, but most don't. If someone is stupid enough not to look up the other persons stats in a high stake duel then they deserve to lose.

Staking has now become useless. face it, even with large tournaments, the max winnings is cut into hundreths of what it could of been before.

Depending on what they do with gravestones it could be good or bad, but i personally don't like the idea.

Also, people stop arguing about bots, this is not what this topic is about.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

The problem is players were nagging for something to happen. Now that Jagex are finally doing something players don't like it. It really is a lose - lose situation for Jagex. No matter what they do it never is good enough.

I agree with that. I frankly notice that as well with people. No matter what happens, they seem to act like Jagex is the bad guy (forgetting that Jagex has any right to change their game).

People forget staking was one of the more common ways to trade large amounts of cash without getting noticed. What people forget is that while Jagex changed normal staking they incorporated a tournament where you can win millions. If people were as good as they say they are they'd be able to win the tournaments.

I noticed that as well. However, 3k is awfully low. But, I presume Jagex had to ruin staking to stop bots (because I hate autoers and RWT).

Maybe its just me, but i don't see these things as ruined. I see them as improved.

Staking wasn't a big thing to me. Still, its a disappointment to see staking so low. But, like I said, if they have to remove a speck to solve a medium-sized problem, thats fine.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012