Death attracts monsters?

curmudgeony

Wait wait wait, let me get something straight... they put ghosts inside the actual fence of the agility arena?? As in I go across the Ropeswing and BAM!! Barraged??... well that is a poorly judged update :|

Apparently, my signature was to big.

While he wasn't there when I started, after a few passes a jagbot popped up and was loitering around the rope swing. After he killed me (and I lost my cat :cry: ) I ran/teleported back via the lever (hoping to save my kitty) and ended up running into a swarm of three jagbots outside the area by the wolves. I made it into the agility course and was maged through the fence and killed a second time. The third time I did the same path but there were enough of the jagbots that I I got bracketed and died for time three.

Its just a theory, but I think that jagbots are attracted to non-movement within a segment square and death piles

curmudgeony.png

Jagex has really outdone themselves this time. I wonder if we can have a mass boycott for a week to show them how much we really love this great update.

Yesterday i readed all updates information and development diaries, they try to stop at any price Real world item trades, Boting, gold farmers and other cheaters...

Like i spoked with people - already they said then not saw bots at yews, they done Balanced Trade and prevented Drop trades - if you drop item worth more then 3k - other player don't see this item and can't pickup, wildy changes is for same reason, they maked much smaller area for PKing and now PK'ers can found each other much more easy (jagex suspect then some Real World Item trades before it done in wildy by killing one player another to get stuff what he bought for real money) - and now is to dangerous to go to wildy with millions of gp because monsters or if it PKing area - other player will kill fast real world item traders...

I really see positive sides like Safe Abyss runecraft, clues making will be more easy and negative sides like now wildy more dangerous then before, but i think they will balance all game later, just they done so much changes and now we need time to balance all things... i dont thing then game start to be not interesting just game changed now are diferent with other advantages or disadvantages like new PvP minigames for PvP'ers & etc..

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

I agree with the positive aspects yes.

But I seriously have trouble fighting lvl 105 revenants that do 25 damage constantly. I mean not even a lvl 126 does that, f2p armour and weapons are no match for fighting those kind of things off.

runebannerul6.jpg

mining10099.jpg

2432nd to 99 mining

THe lvl 105's are usually found above lvl 30 wilds, near rune rocks.

I don't recommend fighting them until you are at least lvl 105 melee based. I don't know what it is for ranged or mage.

They hit upto like 25. I am lvl 100 and I struggled fighting them. THey aren't easy. THey are MUCH harder than your average lvl 105 pker.

runebannerul6.jpg

mining10099.jpg

2432nd to 99 mining

Well rather then debate the update, I was more trying to get some data on the new jagbots.

What attracts them? Does carrying large amounts of gold or valuables in your inventory summon them? I fight up a mess of green dragons, will I survive to tele back?

Does combat with a jagbot call more bots? It might seem so, given my experience at agility along with that video of the guy fighting at the axe hut.

Does moving within a single map segment attract them? Does standing still attract them more? Do people need to always be moving to be safe? Are jagbots attracted to AFK training? From the video at the axe hut it might seem so.

curmudgeony.png

Now that you mention it the group I was with found ghosts more often when standing still than moving. Thats just speculation though.

Often when we fought one another would come. Seemed to happen if we were hitting real well on the first. 3 other players and I were luring them into chaos altar lvl 38 wildy and killing them. One wouldn't lure and seemed restricted to general area it spawned. They do seem to come all at once though as if instead of jagex creating them under x conditions every second they happen every 4 minutes.

Note: One ghost walked through the door (closed) at the altar when it first came, but most ghosts got stuck behind door if we trapped or shut door on them while we were inside.

idiot911.png

Proud member of 'the' clan for 5 years.

Join 'the' clan today

Great... so to battle a Revenant, I have to have buddies, I have to have a good spot to lure to, I have to have my best food, I may be limited to only one combat type (instead of my usual 2 that I love to do together), and I may face certain death, as opposed to having a good chance to survive before if I didn't want to fight!

I think I want the old wildi back, badly, but just with an extremely sparse scattering of these things added on. At the moment, I'm feeling like "WTF? Jagex, aren't we supposed to have a nice chance in the wildi, not an assurance of dying?", and wish they had thought about this a lot better, because it looks to me like Jagex went overboard to an extreme, which I wish they hadn't. :roll:

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Jagex has really outdone themselves this time. I wonder if we can have a mass boycott for a week to show them how much we really love this great update.

actually it would need to be atleast a month long one....3 m peeps quit for a month ( members ) and they would lose 15m+ dollars

justin500.png[spoiler=Goals.]justin500.png

justin500.png

justin500.png

[/url]

[spoiler=99's]99 strength achieved 5/27/09.

99 hitpoints achieved 9/30/09.(59,643)

99 attack achieved 11/08/09. (77,453)

99 defence achieved 1/31/10. (63,382)

99 range achieved ( sometime ago )

[spoiler=Drops]

x15 whips

x53 d boots

x3 visages

x88 g mauls

actually it would need to be atleast a month long one....3 m peeps quit for a month ( members ) and they would lose 15m+ dollars

Yeah, it would have to be P2P AND F2P leaving for a while to get the point across to Jagex about things like the Wildi Revenants, poor market setups, etc. that they've done.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I have met up with a dozen or so of those revenant Orks. They tried to attack me everytime, but never even got me below half HP any of the times. I wasn't even wearing armour. I don't generally find them difficult, and I am 45 defence. Just stay out of their way.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

deathwalker & purepure4774, given your levels, you're both what I refer to as "Elite P2P Combatants". Sadly, I think you have failed to think about F2P and the Non-Elite P2Ps who are getting slaughtered by these things, or constantly almost dying to them. So, could you stick yourselves in our shoes in a mental sense, please? It would help.

~Mr. Devnull