Getting "chipped" in the future?

Defender2516

RFID's. I"m sure eveyrone here has heard about them, using radio frequency's for all sorts of capabilities. The convience and abilitys are endless.

Many christians, myself included, has come to the conclusion that this chip could possible be the one refered to in Revelations, talking about the comming of the beast and the chip he will put in people.

Its intresting to know, that the Bible written thousands of years ago talks about items being put inside people. Yet i'm not here to convince or convert but just to talk about the RFID chip and its impact on America and the future.

The real question? Will you get chipped?

Perhaps I am a conspiracy nut and should be labled off, shuned, and ignored. But reguardless if I am or not, the RFID for people is comming.

The benifiets of the chip are probably countless, but nothing is without its drawbacks. If someone wanted your personal information, like a hacker, it wouldn't be to hard to steal the information since it contains all your personal information. Also someone could simpley cut your arm off and run away with your chip. :?

Verichip is the company who produces these babies that are grain sized and can easily fit in your hand. As technology grows, so does the evolution of these chips. Do these things have GPS in them? While the news may say "no", the website itself says "yes".

http://www.digitalangel.com/about.aspx

Digital Angel who works for the production of the chips clearly says:

Digital Angel Corporation (AMEX:DOC) is a leading developer of global positioning satellite (GPS) and radio frequency identification (RFID) technology.

With these chips, a cashless society can emerge for the first time.

Of course, people have made all sorts of movies and films revolving around the chips, whats the very lastest news on them?

Raytheon Sales Manager John Reddy will join Digital Angel, VeriChip and RECEPTORS for an event on December 4, 2007, at 4:30 p.m. EST at the Grand Hyatt in New York to unveil plans to build a prototype self-contained implantable bio-sensing device included in an RFID microchip that for the first time will have the ability to measure glucose levels in the human body, thereby negating the need for diabetics to [puncture] their fingers multiple times per day. Dr. Manny Alvarez, Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Science at Hackensack University Medical Center and FoxNews.com health managing editor, will also speak at the event.

While maybe 5 years ago, people who shun the idea of this chip being the mark of the beast, as technology grows, the chip evolves and potential become a bio-chip.

Either way, if its true or not, its a very intresting read.

Discuss.

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

talks about items being put inside people

Could you source the reference to the revelation text? I'm just curious to see if it could apply to things like pacemakers as well :lol:

It'd probably be something unavoidable in the future (things like travel and stuffwould be some much easier (I'd guess, walk through and they already have your name/et cetera (I like nesting parenthesis))), so yes, I'd probably get "chipped."

And just because a company manufactures gps systems and the rfids doesn't mean crap. (Looking around the room for an example...) Just because Motorola manufactures cell phones and walkie-talkies doesn't make the walkie-talkie have the same capabilities as my cell phone (I know, bad example, but it was the best I could come up with)

Could you source the reference to the revelation text? I'm just curious to see if it could apply to things like pacemakers as well :lol:

16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,

17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

best-guide-ever.jpg

16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,

17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

When mythbusters did this, the rfid went in whats-her-faces upper arm/shoulder :?

You know what I hate about this debate? Usually most people say "no way, I'd never want to have a chip inside of me, it's an invasion of my right of privacy, etc.etc." But when you ask them about putting chips into their kids, then they're fine with that. I really worry that because kids are "owned" by parents, that parents will think that they are allowed to do whatever they want to them "for their safety".

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

You know what I hate about this debate? Usually most people say "no way, I'd never want to have a chip inside of me, it's an invasion of my right of privacy, etc.etc." But when you ask them about putting chips into their kids, then they're fine with that. I really worry that because kids are "owned" by parents, that parents will think that they are allowed to do whatever they want to them "for their safety".

Well, generally, parents don't intend for anyone else but them to have access to the information, especially not the government. And since they are legal guardians, there really wouldn't be any violation of rights there.

But I tend to think that if you're so hopeless of a parent that you need a GPS to keep track of your kids, they need to be put under better guardians.

p2gq.jpg

Well, generally, parents don't intend for anyone else but them to have access to the information, especially not the government. And since they are legal guardians, there really wouldn't be any violation of rights there.

But, it's like when the government does the same thing. It says "only the government will have access", but then they send your data through the post on a couple of unencrypted CDs.

But yea, beyond that, I just don't trust parents, and really don't think that they should have that much control and power over their kids.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

I agree with you, parents aren't childrens' furiors for god's sake...

As for I, bloody hell no! I've heard of some chips that act like a credit card: you can go into a store, get your things, and walk out without phyiscally paying. The chip will be dectected by the store and withdraw the cash from your bank account automatically.

I don't know about you, but I miss the day we payed with paper money instead of cheap-plastic flabbers we call cards...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I personally wouldn't want a chip inside of me. I guess the privacy thing bugs me.. but also knowing that there's a computer chip floating inside my body too is kinda creepy. o.O Plus I'd think it would hurt.. but then again, I hate to feel any pain. I'm a baby. :P

Heh.. I like paying everything with my debit card.. seems no matter how hard I try.. I always tend to lose a dollar or two everytime I got cash on me. xD

< Coming Soon >

I'm not one to buy into the conspiracy theories, especially a nice and vague one like this.

I might get a chip if they become widespread and have benefits. Just something that could push us into the cashless society would be good in my opinion. I think they're doing something similar but you just swipe your phone or something. I think, however, the chip could avoid some potential identity frauds.

I hardly see society turning to "Jack the Ripper" dismemberment crimes to steal people's identity because you hardly hear of kidnappings to prise bank numbers out of people do you?

Edit: I'd personally be more cautious about this in relation to not getting a chip.

Edit: I'd personally be more cautious about this in relation to not getting a chip.

The FDA is overseen by the Department of Health and Human Services, which, at the time of VeriChip's approval, was headed by Tommy Thompson. Two weeks after the device's approval took effect on Jan. 10, 2005, Thompson left his Cabinet post, and within five months was a board member of VeriChip Corp. and Applied Digital Solutions. He was compensated in cash and stock options.

After leaving the Cabinet and joining the company board, Thompson received options on 166,667 shares of VeriChip Corp. stock, and options on an additional 100,000 shares of stock from its parent company, Applied Digital Solutions, according to SEC records. He also received $40,000 in cash in 2005 and again in 2006, the filings show.

Thompson is a partner at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, a Washington law firm that was paid $1.2 million for legal services it provided the chip maker in 2005 and 2006, according to SEC filings.

He stepped down as a VeriChip Corp. director in March to seek the GOP presidential nomination, and records show that the company gave his campaign $7,400 before he bowed out of the race in August.

:shame:

best-guide-ever.jpg

The FDA is overseen by the Department of Health and Human Services, which, at the time of VeriChip's approval, was headed by Tommy Thompson. Two weeks after the device's approval took effect on Jan. 10, 2005, Thompson left his Cabinet post, and within five months was a board member of VeriChip Corp. and Applied Digital Solutions. He was compensated in cash and stock options.

After leaving the Cabinet and joining the company board, Thompson received options on 166,667 shares of VeriChip Corp. stock, and options on an additional 100,000 shares of stock from its parent company, Applied Digital Solutions, according to SEC records. He also received $40,000 in cash in 2005 and again in 2006, the filings show.

Thompson is a partner at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, a Washington law firm that was paid $1.2 million for legal services it provided the chip maker in 2005 and 2006, according to SEC filings.

He stepped down as a VeriChip Corp. director in March to seek the GOP presidential nomination, and records show that the company gave his campaign $7,400 before he bowed out of the race in August.

:shame:

Yeah, sounds fishy, but I was more talking about the concerns with getting cancer.

Incase someone doesn't want to read the whole article, here are some highlights concerning cancer.

_ A 1998 study in Ridgefield, Conn., of 177 mice reported cancer incidence to be slightly higher than 10 percent _ a result the researchers described as "surprising."

_ A 2006 study in France detected tumors in 4.1 percent of 1,260 microchipped mice. This was one of six studies in which the scientists did not set out to find microchip-induced cancer but noticed the growths incidentally. They were testing compounds on behalf of chemical and pharmaceutical companies; but they ruled out the compounds as the tumors' cause. Because researchers only noted the most obvious tumors, the French study said, "These incidences may therefore slightly underestimate the true occurrence" of cancer.

_ In 1997, a study in Germany found cancers in 1 percent of 4,279 chipped mice. The tumors "are clearly due to the implanted microchips," the authors wrote.

At the Jackson Laboratory in Maine, a leader in mouse genetics research and the initiation of cancer, Dr. Oded Foreman, a forensic pathologist, also reviewed the studies at the AP's request.

At first he was skeptical, suggesting that chemicals administered in some of the studies could have caused the cancers and skewed the results. But he took a different view after seeing that control mice, which received no chemicals, also developed the cancers. "That might be a little hint that something real is happening here," he said. He, too, recommended further study, using mice, dogs or non-human primates.

But these comments should also be noted.

Caveats accompanied the findings. "Blind leaps from the detection of tumors to the prediction of human health risk should be avoided," one study cautioned. Also, because none of the studies had a control group of animals that did not get chips, the normal rate of tumors cannot be determined and compared to the rate with chips implanted.

Dr. Cheryl London, a veterinarian oncologist at Ohio State University, noted: "It's much easier to cause cancer in mice than it is in people. So it may be that what you're seeing in mice represents an exaggerated phenomenon of what may occur in people."

Tens of thousands of dogs have been chipped, she said, and veterinary pathologists haven't reported outbreaks of related sarcomas in the area of the neck, where canine implants are often done. (Published reports detailing malignant tumors in two chipped dogs turned up in AP's four-month examination of research on chips and health. In one dog, the researchers said cancer appeared linked to the presence of the embedded chip; in the other, the cancer's cause was uncertain.)

Happy reading...

best-guide-ever.jpg

Those chips COULD be what is spoken of in Revelation, but it could also be a metaphor for Muslims. From what I've read, a practicing Muslim (one who is practicing their religion correctly) cannot trade with a non-Muslim. They're not supposed to, rather.

I believe it's much more likely to be a chip, though, since that is currently the governments plan - to chip everyone for tracking purposes and to make a cashless society. I would never take this chip because I hate technology that has to do with money. :P ATM cards never work right, credit cards get wrongly declined and shut off if you make an out-of-state purchase, etc etc. Makes me mad.

I sincerely hope this doesn't happen in my life-time, but I'm sure it will. *Shrug* Whatever, I'll grow my own food. :lol:

Absolutely not. I'm not risking my eternal life on some chip - I'd rather die. Hopefully not too many committed Christians get fooled into it.

Well, the Bible says the way to Heaven is very narrow, while the way to Hell is quite wide.

A lot of Christians have the delusional thought that every Christian alive is going to Heaven...Sadly for them, that is not true. It cannot be. There are 2 billion Christians, so relatively speaking, a ton of them are not comin' to the party; as it were. :P

The chip is another thinning of the pack, I guess. If you know your Bible and follow it (most Christians DO NOT know or follow it), then you'll know better than to take this chip.

Since we're having this discussion on the internet, I'd wager it safe to say you own a computer connected to the same. The chance that your run-of-the-mill script kiddie will be able to aquire your personal information is considerabe. If you have an improperly configured wireless network, it's even larger. If we include dumpster divers, those odds are even less favourable. Heck, if you don't keep your voice down when talking on the phone while riding the bus, you're giving out personal details.

"Cutting of your arm" is hardly more alarmist than setting you on fire after stealing your wallet, bank codes, left kidney and parts of your left eye. Yes, theoretically possible, but not bloody likely.

And anyone who cries about GPS is free to volunteer how often they leave their homes without a cellphone and/or tinfoil hats.

Ah, no worries then mate, I'll have my chip in my left hand, problem solved.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Nope, I don't want a chip. That would be like screaming: "Okey dokey, now control me masters! WEEEEEE!".

Because the moment you get a chip, know what happens? You become dependant on the trustworthiness of the individuals that put that chip inside you.

It doesn't matter what "benefits" it has, if it robs you of your independence, it's not good enough.

2480+ total

Three states have all ready ban force and manditory chipping of human's with RFID Chips. North Dakota, Wisconsin have ban force chipping, and California have ban Manditory chipping. Oklahoma had a bill to ban Chipping of humans with any RFID Chips, but the bill was killed in it's State Senate.

However thow, The Department of Defense is planning to implant microchips in soldiers' brains starting in 5 year's.

[hide]The Department of Defense is planning to implant microchips in soldiers' brains for monitoring their health information, and has already awarded a $1.6 million contract to the Center for Bioelectronics, Biosensors and Biochips (C3B) at Clemson University for the development of an implantable "biochip".

Soldiers fear that the biochip, about the size of a grain of rice, which measures and relays information on soldiers vital signs 24 hours a day, can be used to put them under surveillance even when they are off duty.

But Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, C3B director and Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering and Bioengineering claims the that the invivo biosensors will save lives as first responders to the trauma scene could inject the biochip into the wounded victim and gather data almost immediately.

He believes that the device has other long-term potential applications, such as monitoring astronautsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ vital signs during long-duration space flights and reading blood-sugar levels for diabetics.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅWe now lose a large percentage of patients to bleeding, and getting vital information such as how much oxygen is in the tissue back to ER physicians and medical personnel can often mean the difference between life and death,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Three states have all ready ban force and manditory chiping of human's with RFID Chips. North Dakota, Wisconsin have ban force chiping, and California have ban Manditory chiping. Oklahoma had a bill to ban Chiping of humans with any RFID Chips, but the bill was killed in it's State Senate.

However thow, The Department of Defense is planning to implant microchips in soldiers' brains starting in 5 year's.

[hide]The Department of Defense is planning to implant microchips in soldiers' brains for monitoring their health information, and has already awarded a $1.6 million contract to the Center for Bioelectronics, Biosensors and Biochips (C3B) at Clemson University for the development of an implantable "biochip".

Soldiers fear that the biochip, about the size of a grain of rice, which measures and relays information on soldiers vital signs 24 hours a day, can be used to put them under surveillance even when they are off duty.

But Anthony Guiseppi-Elie, C3B director and Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering and Bioengineering claims the that the invivo biosensors will save lives as first responders to the trauma scene could inject the biochip into the wounded victim and gather data almost immediately.

He believes that the device has other long-term potential applications, such as monitoring astronautsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ vital signs during long-duration space flights and reading blood-sugar levels for diabetics.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅWe now lose a large percentage of patients to bleeding, and getting vital information such as how much oxygen is in the tissue back to ER physicians and medical personnel can often mean the difference between life and death,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Ah, I remember a topic very much like this back when I first joined OT...I got seriously flamed....Oh and Cryztalwing, try and learn to spell, "Chipping" would you? :wall:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

definetly the mark of the beast, i would die before i had one put in me or my kids

452436.jpg

In the time of peace prepare for war-General Patton

Dsk805 lvl 139 6* mage

Blink182lover lvl 100 7* mage

Founder and Current clan leader of: PunkRock Lovers(rank#4)

*Please bear in mind that I am in no way affiliated with any religious or political group. This is merely my own opinion.*

Chips like this have been created for government use. Why are they so eager to implant them in babies? Because they can provide anyone with a huge wealth of personal information, and with the included GPS, can track any person with a chip anywhere in the world. In this way, the government can single out any individuals that seem to not fit the status quo, and simply 'remove' them from society. And by remove, I mean kill/detain for 'an indefinite period of time'. If I had to guess, I'd say the CIA would be behind it. After all, they don't really seem to care about murdering, drug running, and violating the terms of the Geneva Convention in regards to the rights of POWs.

Call me insane if you want, but frankly, I'll probably be proven right at some point, so I don't really care.

Just remember; Big Brother is watching.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg