[DISCUSS] Should Canada Accept Goods From....

Se46

Alright, I'm just wondering about all your opinions on the matter of "Should Canada accept products from countries who don't provide their citizens with the basic needs of life?"

It's not only about the basic needs, it has to do with cheap labour, child labour and all that type of stuff. I'm doing a debate for school and was wondering if anybody had an opinion on the matter.

My argument on the subject is basically Yes, I think they should although it may seem wrong. By accepting goods from a country such as that you are giving them a chance at succeeding. It is possible that the country cannot afford to feed, clothe, and shelter all their population and trade is their only option. For example, the only reason Cuba is still populated and well is because their trade is good. And so on..

So what's your opinion?

:shock: some one actualy makes a topic on Canada! :P :D (hears music from ending battles on ff).

anyways! hope your not using this discusion to help come to your dicison. a debate is about you voicing your opinion.

Mine? i think it is perfectly alright! by doing such, we are giving them money back and they can use that to buy the spacific needs for the people.

example, people of a country are starving, but they produce a food that is rare and valuable. they dont have enough of it, but another country wants what is there. we just buy it, then they use the extra money and buy a not as good food, but more so thy can feed everyone. i think that is good.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Hmm, nice topic. I know you mentioned Canada but I think it could be applied for any country, or is this in the Canadian news at the moment?

In my opinion it's difficult to say. For instance, A farmer from somewhere such as Zimbabwe, despite being in Mugabe's regime and might be being repressed, will still get money for his labour. The arguement I feel is insignificant because of the majority of Primary resource countries get bloody little money anyway. They slave for hours upon hours for money that will supply them little more than a few days of food.

I think that's why we should Make Trade Fair and Make Poverty History first.

Hmm, but what if the company is spending that money on Nukes or other WMD's? Is it still ok?

This is not in the Canadian news as far as I know, and I do live in Toronto.

I would have to say we should accept those goods, but to a certain extent, of course :wink:

signaturecj5.jpg

Expand your topic man. This could work for other countries out there.

Cuba is a nice country overall. Its just the leaders. The US 's trade embargo to Cuba is really hurting the people. But Cuba still survives on tourism.

Lots of people from Europe and Canada go there every summer.

It helps the people alot.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

It at least partly depends on why the other countries aren't providing their citizens with the basic needs of life.

-If it's because they can't, then that's okay - because hopefully the extra money going in will make the workers richer, and then once they're richer they'll start campaigning for better rights.

- If it's because there's a corrupt government that steals all the money, then it's more complicated.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

Wonder how much trade America would get if all the counties decided they didnt want to trade with countries that pointlessly go to war with others. :roll:

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

its a sort of win win lose lose situtation.

yeah it sucks there getting payed like 2cents a day but then what if we didn't give them that money not saying that its good it isnt but u guys are like whaaa whaa we dont wanna buy from these poor ppl but ure gonna doubly scr** them over if you dont so its a hard point!!!

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

I got a question a bout chil labour. Is it like the big companys vissit the poor and small villages and pick children out of the croud to work for them, just like slaverny? Or the children apply for a job? Or are they forced by their parents?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I got a question a bout chil labour. Is it like the big companys vissit the poor and small villages and pick children out of the croud to work for them, just like slaverny? Or the children apply for a job? Or are they forced by their parents?

I think all of those options are possible.

Yes, people around the world should buy products from countries were the poor are forced to work for minimal wages. It's not right, but not buying only makes it worse.

Ahh interesting. It seems to me that most people think it's a good thing, and so do I. I wonder how one could argue the negative :).

By the way, this does apply for any country, I just used Canada as an example And because canada is the greatest country in the world