Why would you do this..?

RayOxide

Egocentric? No.

Hypocritical? No.

They're sooking and quitting, I am ranting. :l

Something can be good and have a bad side, Sol.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not, and never will be, a substitute for the Wilderness.

And thank goodness for that. I think Jagex can do a lot better at making unsafe PvP than what that morass had turned into.

Say what you want about Edgeville, Castle, Rune Rocks, and Abyss PKers, but the rest of the wilderness truly presented an opportunity for warriors to survive and dominate based on their wits and abilities, and moreover to do it in as freely a fashion as they wished. PKing is about chaos. It is not an organized blood sport. PKing is about the strong surviving, not letting those who wish to opt out because they want to craft ess or mine rune be.

I was a rune miner who used to moan about PKers - Now I honestly, truly wish they were back, even if the slimeballs that mine AND PK still deserve to be burned at the RuneStake.

Also, I spent months training a hybrid I can no longer use so I could fight in the WILDERNESS, not some rubbish arena that Jagex will no doubt be throwing our way in a couple months' time.

Egocentric? No.

Hypocritical? No.

It's just my word against yours. Well not even, it's my opinions backed up by evidence against your one word answer.

They're sooking and quitting, I am ranting. :l

You're just critisizing them. That's hardly a rant, more like a personal attack against a specific group of people. What if I went off and said that all skillers are ignorant? How do you think you'd react? Fortunately, however, I'm not that stupid.

Something can be good and have a bad side, Sol.

Swinging vague and general morals in my face? is that the best you can do?

Look at yourself. You hate pkers. You are happy about this update because it hurts pkers. You are also annoyed about this update because it hurts you. And finally, you are annoyed at pkers because they complain about the update. That is hypocrisy at it's finest.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

PKing is about chaos. It is not an organized blood sport. PKing is about the strong surviving, not letting those who wish to opt out because they want to craft ess or mine rune be.

Funny, that sounds a lot like bounty hunters.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

PKing is about chaos. It is not an organized blood sport. PKing is about the strong surviving, not letting those who wish to opt out because they want to craft ess or mine rune be.

Gee, I wonder why.

Well if the description of bounty hunters emulated that of pkers, then where's the problem? If you're trying to show how pking is so different than bounty hunting then the description that I quoted you on isn't very convincing.

BlueSig6.jpg

Gee, I wonder why.

Well if the description of bounty hunters emulated that of pkers, then where's the problem? If you're trying to show how pking is so different than bounty hunting then the description that I quoted you on isn't very convincing.

The description of what PKing should NOT be is more akin to what Bounty Hunters is.

The description of what PKing should NOT be is more akin to what Bounty Hunters is.

Why shouldn't a substitute be akin to it's predecessor? Isn't that the entire point? What are pkers looking for in BH? For it to be similar to the pking they love or completely different?

BlueSig6.jpg

Why shouldn't a substitute be akin to it's predecessor? Isn't that the entire point? What are pkers looking for in BH? For it to be similar to the pking they love or completely different?

That's what I'm saying, though. BH IS NOT LIKE THE OLD WILDERNESS. When you said "sounds a lot like Bounty Hunters," I thought you meant that Bounty Hunters fit my description of what PKing shouldn't be (an organized blood sport where numbers and not individual strength and wits determine the victor)

Stop flaming eachother ffs.

No, you're post is completely invalid and makes no input to the thread whatsoever! Just kidding Jordan. <3:

However, I do agree with Solidus, you just can't specifically shift all the blame to a specific group of people... :|

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Im still unaware of some things like.. why the hell would the RWTs go into the wilderness while Gielinor is SO big? There are surely another empty spaces outside the Wilderness.

I dont like to PK, i confess, im pretty much into skilling and slaying for fun. But i know that Pking was the main reason of playing of many runescapians, and it upsets me a little bit, because just as Ray, i also sell the food i cook and the armour i drop or smith. :wall: It also harms us the manufacturers. To whom we will sell our food, potions, armour and jewelry? :boohoo:

I agree with the part of shrinking the Pking Zone, and i also agree with the bounty hunter zone, but i see it just as another minigame. :shame:

But they could have also left a part of the Wilderness just as it was before, with a random target to hunt and free space to move. It would be like the 65 or 70% counting the bounty hunter's space from wilderness. I think that it would make the PKers pretty happy, because they could find their targets easier in a reduced space (comparing to the whole size of the wilderness) which means that the RWTs would still have trouble to make their jobs.

Once i started to read the news, i thought "nice, now i'll be able to go with fat tony to make lots of pizzas, which maybe i could sell in the bounty hunter zone and get lots of gp...... but those ghosts..... <.< yea, i know that without them it would be too easy to enter the Wilderness... but i think they're overpowered a bit. It really scares me more than ever to enter the Wilderness now, even without the wandering PKers :ohnoes: .

But oh well, who am i to rant about this? I'm just saying what i think about the updates.

P.S. I have nothing to say about the Duel Arena, i've never ever in my life entered a duel....yet :-w

¨)

¸.´¸.*´¨)

(¸.´ (¸.Lilith1023

Lilith1023.png

but those ghosts..... <.< yea, i know that without them it would be too easy to enter the Wilderness... but i think they're overpowered a bit. It really scares me more than ever to enter the Wilderness now, even without the wandering PKers :ohnoes: .

Why is everyone so scared of the ghosts? They're ridiculously easy to escape from.

but those ghosts..... <.< yea, i know that without them it would be too easy to enter the Wilderness... but i think they're overpowered a bit. It really scares me more than ever to enter the Wilderness now, even without the wandering PKers :ohnoes: .

Why is everyone so scared of the ghosts? They're ridiculously easy to escape from.

Well, i must confess, i haven't enter the Wilderness yet, so im not too sure about how they work. Maybe they're easy to escape, but i dont like to be bothered while i make my pizzas (they're my only reason to dare to enter there)

Im thinking about going there right now.... but i wont carry any armour.. just in case O:)

¨)

¸.´¸.*´¨)

(¸.´ (¸.Lilith1023

Lilith1023.png

Well, i must confess, i haven't enter the Wilderness yet, so im not too sure about how they work. Maybe they're easy to escape, but i dont like to be bothered while i make my pizzas (they're my only reason to dare to enter there)

Im thinking about going there right now.... but i wont carry any armour.. just in case O:)

See, that's why people keep getting owned. They don't put on protect from mage and get smacked by the range because they forget or chose not to wear armor.

See, that's why people keep getting owned. They don't put on protect from mage and get smacked by the range because they forget or chose not to wear armor.

Well, i already got a free trip to falador :XD:

¨)

¸.´¸.*´¨)

(¸.´ (¸.Lilith1023

Lilith1023.png

The reason to that so many have quitted because of the wilderness update is that some people have trained pures I think, or at least it's one of the main reasons. Now pures have become almost useless, and a lot of people who have spent a lot of their time, or almost all their time, on training wildy pures now feel that they don't get any fun out of RS anymore. So they quit.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Before asking this question, you should put yourself in other people's skin. What would you do if Jagex ruined the only reason you played RuneScape? What if they ruined skilling? Would you quit? I would. I'm a skiller myself and I can still understand those who quit. So stop saying that they are quitting over nothing :shame: .

True and sesensible pkers would stay, and use the Bounty Hunter and adjust to the changes. Those are the ones not getting themselves into a state and I am very happy that those annoying pures who think they are the best are not lurking around trying to insult players about their weaknesses. I MUST say, that RuneScape seems to be much more better, the atmosphere and the people are being alot more helpful towards each other and I see more people have decent conversations. And the biggest thank of all, no bloody bots.

True and sesensible pkers would stay, and use the Bounty Hunter and adjust to the changes. Those are the ones not getting themselves into a state and I am very happy that those annoying pures who think they are the best are not lurking around trying to insult players about their weaknesses. I MUST say, that RuneScape seems to be much more better, the atmosphere and the people are being alot more helpful towards each other and I see more people have decent conversations. And the biggest thank of all, no bloody bots.

ADJUST TO THE CHANGES? HOW DOES A LEVEL 57 HYBRID ADJUST TO BEING ATTACKED BY A CLAN OF 90+ TANKS?