Yeah I'd like to see a "Last Online Days Ago> in the profile. It'd be good also with pm's seeing as whether someones been on to answer back your pm, or how often they're on these days just out of curiosity.

Not something we'd really need, but it'd be good to have, if Albosky has the time to implement it.

I was thinking about this as well, good idea.

I'm also thinking that we may want to stop/hold our suggestions for major forum changes (like this) until we get PHPBB3. Therefore, the changes will only have to be made once, and it already may be implemented. (in PHPBB3)

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I was thinking about this as well, good idea.

I'm also thinking that we may want to stop/hold our suggestions for major forum changes (like this) until we get PHPBB3. Therefore, the changes will only have to be made once, and it already may be implemented. (in PHPBB3)

Exactly Kaphias. I beleive I heard that phpBB3 is now released, but they have to make it compatible. Most of the major suggestions to the site are available in phpBB3.

Also, we don't even know of the staff is going to change to phpBB3 or not. It's all up to them first.

~Alina

~Tip.It's #1 Party Girl & Events Team Supporter~

2141567593_54ae68f6f3_o.jpg

Next TET Event: A Holy Pilgrimage!

Next TET AU Event: Zamorak Strikes Back Part 1!

PM me if you need any help with an event.

Also, we don't even know of the staff is going to change to phpBB3 or not. It's all up to them first.

~Alina

We do, they have said they will be updating to 3. I'm sure I read that it was scheduled for the 13th of this month. Whether it did occur or not I dont know. Perhaps it appears nothing has changed when actually we are already using it or maybe it takes a long time to upgrade. Either way, its a win win.

Eye

It isn't a matter of if, but when. The admins have already said we will be upgrading to phpbb3. There is going to be a bit of time between release and implementation regardless because staff need time to get use to the new setup before it goes live, any necessary modifications need to be made and other tweaks behind the scenes.

I'm sure I read that it was scheduled for the 13th of this month. Whether it did occur or not I dont know. Perhaps it appears nothing has changed when actually we are already using it or maybe it takes a long time to upgrade.

PhpBB3 was released Decemeber 13th, if that's what you were referring to. You can bet good money Albosky isn't crazy enough to roll out a brand new forum system the day of release without testing it and modding it to his liking too. :P

Tip.It is still using PhpBB2, there isn't any crazy hiding of the upgrade going on.

I thought PHPBB3 had this function, or have I misread it?

>.>

It has an online/offline image on the user info side of the topic, but no "last online"

Even an offline/online troggle would be sweet. But to add to at, a last seen thing would pwn :P

1.png
generic_signature.png

I thought PHPBB3 had this function, or have I misread it?

>.>

It has an online/offline image on the user info side of the topic, but no "last online"

Yea, thanks. And wouldn't the online/offline toggle be more efficient then last online? :-s

Doing both where would they even go? The online/offline is in it's own place, but the last online, would go in the profile as well? Clogging up space?

Yea, thanks. And wouldn't the online/offline toggle be more efficient then last online? :-s

Doing both where would they even go? The online/offline is in it's own place, but the last online, would go in the profile as well? Clogging up space?

Online/Offline is only useful if you find the user online when you want to talk to them. If you don't hit that sweet spot, you're left clueless just like any other time.

The Online/Offline tag appears both on the profile page and in the avatar area of each post the user has made. Adding 'last online' to the profile isn't really a big deal either. PhpBB3 has about the same amount of info in the profile as PhpBB2. It's a bit more spread out on the skin we're using at Rscript but nothing you couldn't fix with a bit of skin customizing.

Online/Offline is only useful if you find the user online when you want to talk to them. If you don't hit that sweet spot, you're left clueless just like any other time.

The Online/Offline tag appears both on the profile page and in the avatar area of each post the user has made. Adding 'last online' to the profile isn't really a big deal either. PhpBB3 has about the same amount of info in the profile as PhpBB2. It's a bit more spread out on the skin we're using at Rscript but nothing you couldn't fix with a bit of skin customizing.

I guess I might as well toss a question in then in an attempt to learn a little more...: How much additional server strain would there be, tracking hidden users and last online dates/times ??? :-k

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I don't think if you selected to be a hidden user, your 'last seen', or 'online' status would always be hidden, unless you unselected to appear hidden. And if not, I think that needs to be fixed. I haven't really tested out phpbb3, I've just read from the site, is phpbb3 more server friendly, regarding connection, and processing applications? As well as speed? Or is it all below the averages of phpbb2? :-k

While I continue to wait for a response from Cruiser to my last post, I think someone needs the "riot act" read to them... :twisted: ...

*cough* Bump. *cough*

Hey, cowman_133, do you know how to be more constructive with your bumps? <.< ... Maybe, say, ask a question or something? Just simply bumping like that can get a thread locked and ignored on some forums! If you REALLY want a thread to bubble with good discussion, you toss in something for everyone to think about and reply to! So come on, stick something in already, would you? :-s

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

While I continue to wait for a response from Cruiser to my last post, I think someone needs the "riot act" read to them... :twisted: ...

I must have missed it.

I guess I might as well toss a question in then in an attempt to learn a little more...: How much additional server strain would there be, tracking hidden users and last online dates/times ??? :-k

That would be a question for Albosky to answer (if you can find him). I don't know anything about PhpBB3 internals at the moment so I could really say. It has a built in caching system (Albosky customized PhpBB2 with one for Tip.It) so that alone could help speed things up but you wouldn't really know until you get it installed and put load on it to find the problem areas.

Dsavi_x4 :<3: PHPBB3

I think a online/offline/last seen thing by the username would be useful, but other than that I have no comment/suggestion.

PHPBB3 has integrated RSS feeds, you can subscribe to a board/whole forum. :thumbup: (My forum is on PHPBB3, I love it.)

C2b6gs7.png

We might as well upgrade to PhBB3. It's fully released now (I know we had doubts about upgrading to the RC versions).

I've seen too many PhBB2 boards hacked recently.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

PHPBB3 has integrated RSS feeds, you can subscribe to a board/whole forum. :thumbup: (My forum is on PHPBB3, I love it.)

RSS... Yummmmm... :mrgreen:

Bari, where I've lit letters in blue is where I had to spell check to get the post's meaning. :P ... Now to reply...

We might as well upgrade to PhpBB3. It's fully released now (I know we had doubts about upgrading to the RC versions).

I've seen too many PhpBB2 boards hacked recently.

WHOA... Hacked?!?!? :shock: ... Figures, develop a new version, hackers force you to leave the old one. -.- ... Well, on the bright side, at least a half-dozen wanted/needed things will be waiting for the users. :)

~Mr. Devnull

Believe it or not, the hackers left a message for both sites saying "Upgrade to PhpBB2 (Rofl, sorry. I am internet illiterate)".

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley