Death to RWT, can we have death of randoms now?

Felter_Laur

I think that randoms do get very repetative. Now completely removing them from the game is not necessary. If Jagex really thinks that it stops more randoms, (it helps but not much) then we need randoms, but less. Also the rewards do need to be better for the people who already have everything from that certain event.

Ps. kind of off topic but i did see a mod get a random, and I thought to myself if Jagex thought he was a macro also. :shock:

Qp cape achieved 2/17/08, 99 strength achieved 7/8/09, 99 attack achieved 5/28/10, 99 hitpoints achieved 8/22/10

Rskellington.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate randoms with a passion and if it were up to me, I would take them out of the game completely. But, a more viable solution would be that if you have received the same random "x" number of times, you could choose whether or not you would like to keep getting the random.

Randoms always come at the worst time for me, I remember I was buying Full Black Mystic then I got teleported to the Maze, didn't get out for an half-hour xD. They should revamp the rewards though, I would love that :) .

Okay, now that Jagex has dealt the final (??) blow to bots and real world traders. I think it is time to get rid of randoms.

Down with randoms, they are annoying and unrewarding.

:P Kind of like bounty hunter?

A REPLACEMENT?

Ok picture this, they replace your yew and magic trees with a tree that if you attempt to cut it alone your axe breaks, if you cut it with a group as soon as you get a log you get a skull on your head, all the other woodcutters attack you and you cant log out for 3 minutes.

Bounty hunter and tournaments were not a replacement, they are garbage.

The randoms are really beginning to tick me off now. I was training slayer last night at the Fire giants, and ended up with a random mid kill. Then, to top it all, the evil sodding chicken decided to appear half way through killing a basilisk :|.

I dont mind the randoms if they are appearing during skilling, but come on, them appearing during the process of attacking something else is damned annoying.

Stusangel.png

Stusangel.png

• 5 months later...

they need to seriously chill on the randoms...

i was cleaning out my bank today (dropping) ((because im going on vacation and canceling members for time being)) and up comes old man....300 gp or so....and ok i havent had one today...i mean ive only played like 20 mins..

i finish that inventory...

next inventory...nothing

the invent after...molly...got like 5 cut sapphires..umm hello im cleaning out my bank y do i need that?

ok i do molly finish the stuff

2 invents later...i tp to varrock to get final stuff sold and stuff....i get maze...like 100 steel arrows and some money

so what is that? 3 randoms in like 30 mins total?

srsly rs...chilll

m_x_mouse.png

I definitely agree some randoms should be gotten rid of *now*. The plant, the guard, Molly and her Houdini-like sister, for starters.

But I want the classroom and genie to stay.

Without them, how would we train stats which are too expensive or troublesome?

All those whose Construction, Farming, Slayer, Summoning, or Runecrafting would have languished in mediocrity (<20) without them, please raise your hand.

Air_Dragon15.png

I think they should get rid of some of the pointless, and completely annoying ones. Sandwich lady, definitely. Drunken dwarf? You just need to talk to him, and he's provided me with food on a couple helpful occasions. He doesn't really interrupt what you're doing. I think they should keep him. The costume randoms shouldn't bother you anymore after you've already gotten their full costume, or they should a LOT less. Maze isn't bad, I find it kind of fun, but also should become less. Also that annoying purple plant... it should go. The fruit doesn't even heal you. I think in general, the most pointless ones should be taken out, and the costume ones should be reduced severely once you've gotten the costume.

Molly should go. No one cares about her.

Blakdragon39.png