Death to RWT, can we have death of randoms now?

Felter_Laur

no, we can't.

I thank you for your remarkable comment. The light you shed on the subject allowed me to see this from a whole different perspective. Never again will I doubt your wisdom. I apologize, sincerely, for any hesitance I had towards recognizing your intelligence.

Brings a tear to my eye to see someone who thinks vaguely similar to me.

Anyways, Jagex will not remove randoms because that would be giving in to a demand. If they did that, they'd have all kinds of nonesense being thrown at them. i would like to see randoms dialed back a bit though...

Also some randoms are decent, I honestly enjoy this new classroom event, and it would be a shame if they cut out Evil Bob's Island before I got the event, I would really like to have a full green music list...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. There's very little reason to macro now, you won't gain items to sell for real cash. If there's no reason to macro, is there really a reason to have randoms to attempt to stop macroers? Half the time you don't know if the plant is for you. You don't realize if the sandwich lady is there, because she's hiding in the piles of people in Catherby.

Most randoms are annoying but some are pretty good. Would you be glad if they got rid of the classroom/genie?

Even ones like molly and scaperune pete give some good rewards, up to 4+ diamonds for about less than a minute of work.

The best random is of course the maze, something of which I can usually get 60k+ off of for a minute's worth of work.

Randoms shouldn't be taken out, they're already too much a part of the game and break apart long hours of boring skilling; something you probably wouldn't notice until they were gone. But the sandwich lady should die.

Unfortunately I think randoms are here to stay, to try and prevent potential macroing.

Most randoms aren't too much hassle, only requiring a few seconds to deal with. But the evil bob, molly and quiz show randoms are a bit too lengthy and extremely irritating.

tifa.jpg

But you also have to think about the other macroers. The ones that aren't there for RWT. People who use macros to train their accounts.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

no, we can't.

I thank you for your remarkable comment. The light you shed on the subject allowed me to see this from a whole different perspective. Never again will I doubt your wisdom. I apologize, sincerely, for any hesitance I had towards recognizing your intelligence.

LOL I couldn't have put it better anyway myself.

OT: I hate randoms, I hope they go but I don't think that JaGeX realises we hate them so much. <.<

They think we jump for joy when the Sandwich Lady gives us a triangle sandwich.

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

Random events aren't just for bots.

They also exist for AFKers annd they also are a little break from skilling.

Here is the thing, if I wanted a break from skilling, then I would just log off. I am logged on at that time for the specific reason to skill. If I wanted an interruption, I would log out and do something else. The sole reason that I am skilling at that time is because I want to skill not get warped to Scaperune. I say death to them all, even though I don't mind the maze or the classroom too much.

felter_laur.png

I say keep the randoms, but cut waaaaaaay back on the frequency. They should also remove a few choice randoms (sandwich lady, swarm, evil bob, prison pete, and pinball.) They should also remove randoms from alot of places where they are pointless or annoying, like the wilderness, Kq, metal dragons, dag kings, and other places where there is no point in having randoms. I like randoms when I get them randomly, but having to pop ballons in a crazy cat's jail ever 10 alchs is insane.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Random events aren't just for bots.

They also exist for AFKers annd they also are a little break from skilling.

Here is the thing, if I wanted a break from skilling, then I would just log off. I am logged on at that time for the specific reason to skill. If I wanted an interruption, I would log out and do something else. The sole reason that I am skilling at that time is because I want to skill not get warped to Scaperune. I say death to them all, even though I don't mind the maze or the classroom too much.

Makes me wonder what's worse: Staring at a screen for so long with endless clicking, or getting pissed off when you have to spend 5 minutes doing a random because it interrupted your mindless grinding.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

no, we can't.

Flaming the guy because he disagrees with you? Wow, I am so impressed. :roll:

Am I the only one here who actually likes the randoms?

Not because he disagrees, but because he posted absolutely nothing worthwhile at all. Hence the actual content of the reply.

And yes, you are probably one of the few who actually like randoms.

Ah, as the odds are against you. The skill raiseing randoms(Genie, Book of Knowledge, etc) and the Maze are all randoms me and my friends like. Though, in general, I guess most people hate randoms.

As for now, I think they should stay. But decrease there appearance rate. As for Mr. Hyde(He takes a sentence to complete, not a click), and the Teleporting randoms during combat, seriously need to disappear. I was using my cannon in a MULTICOMBAT zone,. where I am constantly pelted by creatures. I can't very well kill all of them. I can't exactly run away. And I can't really talk to him. [sarcasm]Seriously Nile, Miles, and Giles, if you don't even know how to tell a fish from a sword, what exactly are you teaching the 8 years olds of Runescape.[/sarcasm]

hopesolopatriot.jpg

like it or not, randoms are here to stay.

however i would love to see some changes in:

-when they appear

-how they work

-and the rewards

many have discussed that the frequency of randoms should be decreased, however i don't think thats the problem. we don't want to just reduce the frequency of the annoyance, but rather make it so that randoms are no longer an annoyance. how?

when they appear

---------------------

many times randoms will appear at times when it is nearly impossible to do what is required, (such as miles asking you what he's got when you are in combat) and as such you get teleported somewhere halfway across runescape. not cool.

a solution to this would be not to have randoms require you to do something that brings up a dialog box while you are in an activity that is difficult to get away from. or, they could teleport you somewhere, you do what you need and then comeback, however, this should not count as leaving an area and make unaggressive monsters aggressive again.

how they work & rewards (imma combine these)

--------------------------------------------------------

randoms are meant to stop autoers, but also provide a break from the normal grind that players face while skilling. however many players will find it annoying to have to deal with a random while they are trying to make money or raise skills. as such randoms should benefit players and relate to what they are doing. also, rewards should be greater, there is no reason i should spend 3 minutes popping balloons or chasing some sister with a claw to get a ruby. all item rewards should be 2k+ (and noted) with the longer randoms 5k or even 10k

some ideas to change current randoms

---------------------------------------------

the certers (miles, niles, giles) = no longer ask you to help them figure out what their item is, rather they simply ask if you would like any of your items noted. they would also only appear when you have multiple unnoted items in your inventory and are using a gathering skill (mining, woodcut, fishing). This, most players would agree, would actually be nice as it could save you a bank trip, if you're power training, you could drop a whole inventory at once.

sandwich lady/drunken dwarf = just requires a click and gives you a food item at random (for the lady) and beer+kebab(for the dwarf), only appears in instances when you might need food, such as combat.

outfit/emote givers = after all have been received you no longer will get this random, unless you drop one of the pieces

evil bob = not just fishing/cooking but other things as well! bob will ask you to complete (or un-complete) a task that is related to the one you were doing before he snatched you away, the reward is your choice of experience in that skill (your level squared) or [good] items that are received from that skill.

...there are others that need to be changed, i just cant think of them right now

randoms that need to go

----------------------------

-swarms

0+Defender+O.png

0+Defender+O.png

Randoms shouldn't be removed but they should simply be less occurring and have a better reward. I'm really gonna stop skilling for a sandwich for the sandwich lady. I have food in my bank to eat thank you! And 20gp from Rick or MOM? Wow! I can buy a bronze and p0wn up in the wildy! Oh right, its gone! Thanks JAGeX!

Anyway there should at least be an option to toggle random events.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

no think of all the people using bots to alch for them...

bots were never invented for RWT they were corrupted to be used for it

however bots were created for faster lvl ups that you dont have to consciously think about

Ring_World.gif

I agree. When we had the old wilderness with the anti-RWT updates still going (Early November to early December), random events would still pop up when you were fighting with someone in the wilderness, and you're either winning or losing. Now, if you're fighting anyone in a high-mortality rate area, do you honestly think we'd want randoms? NO!

It's the same when you're in Tzharr or somewhere and you're fighting a high level/boss monster AND you get a random event....I remember when I was fighting a level 82 lesser demon after I got a decent drop, and midway through the fight a level 86 evil chicken pops up. Wow. Is Jagex plotting something against me?

Death to randoms (except the gnome pinball game, so easy to complete and gives decent rewards <3:)

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

however bots were created for faster lvl ups that you dont have to consciously think about

But Jagex also claims they have sophisticated means to detect macroing. I don't think that randoms are as needed with the supposed destruction of bots and RWT. I realize that they will probably not get rid of the randoms, but maybe they could revamp the rewards toward your level. Seriously, getting the sandwich lady in the middle of training combat can be the death of you.

felter_laur.png

no, we can't.

+1

LMAF

Tishala.png

People would still power-level to get there skills up so some randoms are needed, but the fact people can code the scripts to do the random makes it pretty pointless

i think we should still keep randoms but remove them in several places;-

the metal dragon dungeon

When we are killing a steel dragon we dont need the drunken dwarf to come. You cant run away to do a puzzle box because the dragons fire can reach you... and the black demons and dogs stop you from even gettin away from steels...

im sure there is other places but I cant think of any at the minute...

But Jagex also claims they have sophisticated means to detect macroing. I don't think that randoms are as needed with the supposed destruction of bots and RWT. I realize that they will probably not get rid of the randoms, but maybe they could revamp the rewards toward your level. Seriously, getting the sandwich lady in the middle of training combat can be the death of you.

if jagex really had means to detect macros

the some people might be pking right now

their "sophisticated" methods probably were failure to solve a few randoms and a few random abuse reports by other players

i doubt a browser game like runescape could have 3rd party software detection (or if they do i doubt it could be that great...)

yeah i agree with you however on getting rid of them on combat areas nothing more annoying than say fighting metal dragons and getting niles or a sandwich lady

Ring_World.gif

no, we can't.

Flaming the guy because he disagrees with you? Wow, I am so impressed. :roll:

Am I the only one here who actually likes the randoms?

Not because he disagrees, but because he posted absolutely nothing worthwhile at all. Hence the actual content of the reply.

And yes, you are probably one of the few who actually like randoms.

I like alot of the randoms, but some should be seen less-like Molly, how many clones does she have exactly?!

PS: I'd be pretty mad if i spent as long as i have trying to get the zombie dance just to have it removed, aru...

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~