Death to RWT, can we have death of randoms now?

Felter_Laur

Okay, now that Jagex has dealt the final (??) blow to bots and real world traders. I think it is time to get rid of randoms.

It is absolutely irritating to be in the middle of some good training and up pops the sandwich lady. I hate her. I am not hungry. If I was, I would eat one of the hundreds of lobsters that I am catching. I have seen Man vs. Wild. Most fish can be eaten raw.

I don't need a stinking uncut sapphire from the pirate while I am huntin chinchompas. I have little use for the 20 gp the mysterious old man is giving me while I am alching yew longs. All I wanted to do was teleport to Varrock to put something on the Grand exchange. I didn't ask to be stuck in the teleporting tunnel or whatever it is called and have to click the right lever to leave.

Scaperune is the cruelest joke that Jagex has ever told. I don't care if Bob is sleeping and is hungry. I admit that uncooking a fish was funny the first time, but the 1,000,000th time is getting a little old. I have all of the camouflage, the mime clothes, and the lederhosen (sp). I don't need to do push ups (I did enough of those while I was a Marine).

If Jagex is trying to clean up this game, then why not reduce the occurence of these randoms? I get a random almost everytime that I am teleporting to a new location. I have seen the mysterious old man more times than I have seen the episode of Seinfeld where there is a superman reference.

Down with randoms, they are annoying and unrewarding.

felter_laur.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, we can't.

I thank you for your remarkable comment. The light you shed on the subject allowed me to see this from a whole different perspective. Never again will I doubt your wisdom. I apologize, sincerely, for any hesitance I had towards recognizing your intelligence.

felter_laur.png

It wouldn't be nearly as big of an inconvenience if the rewards were actually rewards. 20gp is not worth stopping and talking to anyone. I agree 20k or something desirable would make it less menacing but only slightly.

felter_laur.png

no, we can't.

I thank you for your remarkable comment. The light you shed on the subject allowed me to see this from a whole different perspective. Never again will I doubt your wisdom. I apologize, sincerely, for any hesitance I had towards recognizing your intelligence.

BURN!

but seriously, i agree with you about removing the randoms

karlpetter.gif

no, we can't.

WOW Just WOW. You made my morning!!

I thin Randoms should stay HOWEVER, i think the rate at which they appear should decrease make them a bit more fun.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

no, we can't.

Someone quote what the topic maker just said, or I'm going to invicerate every gamers family.

Oh god, I couldn't agree more. They really need to be taken out of the game. I am SO sick of every time I run up to the grand exchange to buy or sell something, it never fails, I ALWAYS get some idiot random appear and kidnap me! Every time! It's happened dozens of times now.

The infuriating thing is that randoms don't even DO anything to stop macroers. Every macro I've ever seen that got a random event circumvented it easily. When Jagex releases a new random, it inconveniences maybe... 100 bots, since the chances of getting that specific random before some programmer codes a way around it are very slim.

Seriously the only people I've ever seen that got inconvenienced by randoms are normal players. Not while doing something like alching, cutting yews, fishing, picking flax, or mining essence like bots do, but while fighting monsters, PKing (before the update), hell even DKing. We've all heard the horror stories about how someone was ranging dragons in a safespot, went to pick up the loot, got a random, and got teleported back and one hitted by the dragonbreath.

Randoms need to go. Now that RWTers have no reason to macro, all that's left are small-time cheaters, and a few RWT companies trying something desperate like powerleveling (which are destined to fail IMO...). How about, I don't know, using a detection system to deal with the macroers?

no, we can't.

I love you.

OT: I see your point. Very eloquently thought out rant. Randoms should be done AFTER we get a full set for it. As for the ones that attack you, there should be a level cut off limit on the skill its related to so you never get a random when doing that skill again.

no, we can't.

Flaming the guy because he disagrees with you? Wow, I am so impressed. :roll:

Am I the only one here who actually likes the randoms?

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

You gotta be a bit more specific than that... removing randoms.. say good bye to drunken dwarf, that rick thieving highway man, but then again, they give uncut gems, half key part's..

And also, bird nests are also random events, no more genie's.. rewarding mazes.. every good must have a bad. :)

You are not alone, Our Father, God will always be with you.

Skill grinding > Idiotic randoms.

When I log on to play, im a busy person, I only can allot so much time to rs. When I play I want exp, I want to telle, I want to buy something. When im cutting a tree do you even think I care for your evil sister? Do I want your baked goods? NO@!@@# If you made them especially for me then just go ahead and ask the banker to deposit it in my bank for me please, ill be shure to drop it. When I get a monster un-agressive I dont want to help you re-organise your gaves beacuse you cant do your job, I want to keep killing that monster. Let alone drive me to re-organise your graves to get crappy emotes and an even crappyer costume. Keep it thanks, im happy with my exp.

Without fail everytime I telle, I need to get your twin sister whos god forbid, evil, into a cage. IS IT THAT HARD TO SPOT YOUR OWN TWIN?! :wall: I know its just a game, but it bothers me. And yes, that IS a god dammed fish Miles.

no, we can't.

Not because he disagrees, but because he posted absolutely nothing worthwhile at all. Hence the actual content of the reply.

And yes, you are probably one of the few who actually like randoms.

p2gq.jpg

no, we can't.

Not because he disagrees, but because he posted absolutely nothing worthwhile at all. Hence the actual content of the reply.

I kind of hate randoms tbh, but I already know all the reasons we need to keep them in the other 10+ threads about this...

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

no, we can't.

Perhaps I was too vague in my explanations. He responded to a weak, spammy post with flaming; responding to immaturity with immaturity. Somewhat like when two five-year-olds stick their toughes out at eachother.

Plus, I highly doubt that if the guy would've agreed with him, he would've flamed him like that.

Omg, I teh hate teg randoms tooz! OMFG jadex, why do we still half teh radoomz if we has no rlt :evil: ?

and

No, we can't.

Are both irrelevant, spammy replies, yes? Which one do you think he would be most likely to flame, huh? Not to accuse him of anything, but I've seen this sort of thing WAY too many times..

~~~~~~~

On topic- Why do people seem to despise randoms so much? I always thought they broke the utter monotony of grinding nicely..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

no, we can't.

Perhaps I was too vague in my explanations. He responded to a weak, spammy post with flaming; responding to immaturity with immaturity. Somewhat like when two five-year-olds stick their toughes out at eachother.

Plus, I highly doubt that if the guy would've agreed with him, he would've flamed him like that.

Omg, I teh hate teg randoms tooz! OMFG jadex, why do we still half teh radoomz if we has no rlt :evil: ?

and

No, we can't.

Are both irrelevant, spammy replies, yes? Which one do you think he would be most likely to flame, huh? Not to accuse him of anything, but I've seen this sort of thing WAY too many times..

~~~~~~~

On topic- Why do people seem to despise randoms so much? I always thought they broke the utter monotony of grinding nicely..

I was having a little bit of fun nothing more. He spammed with that post, so I responded sarcasticly. If you read the post, I semi-agreed with the person who mentioned that bigger, better rewards would be okay.

I am willing to see both sides, however, "no we can't" isn't really a side.

You see it as immaturity; I see it as a simple way to poke fun and maybe influence to state a more thorough opinion.

felter_laur.png