RWT:I don't really care

hbk_hossack

Look, I'm sorry but to be very honest, I do not care whatesoever about Real World Trading.

How does it affect me, in any way,shape or form what anothe player does? I don't really care about level 100s with 2bill and I don't care how they got it. Does my gameplay experience on Runescape change? No. I would much rather still have unbalanced trades and PKing than to get rid of RWT.

Because frankly I don't care.

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

How about a runescape where you can't pay for membership because credit card companies have deemed Jagex as such an accessory to credit fraud, that they block your ability to pay via credit card?

Because that's the way it was headed.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

darn someone beat me to reporting this topic.

anyway jagex made their decision and the 100000s of you complaining and quitting membership did nothing to change that decision, this topic wont change much.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

How about a runescape where you can't pay for membership because credit card companies have deemed Jagex as such an accessory to credit fraud, that they block your ability to pay via credit card?

I mail in my membership money anyway...

i care that it threatened jagexs sponsorship of credit card companies, seeing how thats a big % of the way members play, and if they had lost that. theirs potential the game could have closed down. its all in the dev diary.

It's called a phone. If you have a credit card, you have a phone. Don't be so dramatic.

Hey.

People buying Runescape membership via credit card isn't RWT. That's a completely different issue from RWT and I'm fairly sure Jagex knows this.

RWT is where you trade real life cash for in-game items and money. Transactions between RWT'ers doesn't affect Jagex in any way, shape or form as no money is being directed towards Jagex (Money is flowing between the two involved parties). Therefore I fail to understand where RWT begins to impose on Jagex financially.

i care that it threatened jagexs sponsorship of credit card companies, seeing how thats a big % of the way members play, and if they had lost that. theirs potential the game could have closed down. its all in the dev diary.

It's called a phone. If you have a credit card, you have a phone. Don't be so dramatic.

pay by phone is more expensive, i dont have a credit card. and honestly... my mom stresses about the phone bill already. i dont need that added on(if it is)

seriously, if the bay pay phone was like $2more(i think it is) i bet so many people would complain.

Subscribe by phone

USD6.99 per call

as for me being dramatic? no... god no.

where do you live? country wise

I doubt many of the people paying for members would be if the only access was through phone or post. I think it was an accurate statement.

(also, I think having a credit card is not necessarily a proxy for telephone access, but playing an internet computer game probably is)

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

Regardless of whether or not you RWT, you ARE or WILL be affected by the updates.

The GE has lowered prices of all nearly ever item. For people that make a finished product, it's price has dropped.

The 3k trading limit has forced everyone to trade items based on what Jagex has decided the price should be. It is not always based on player trading like it should be. It will ruin ess runners, among other things.

The wilderness it MORE dangerous than before, and it affects lvl 3 clue scrolls. RWT used pk'ing in wild to trade gps, thus Jagex has to change that.

The new item drop rules destroys drop parties. The Party Room is lousy for drop parties.

You may not do or need these things right now, but you never know in the future.

85pbfja.jpg

Geaux Tigers ! Congrats on a great year !

pay by phone is more expensive, i dont have a credit card. and honestly... my mom stresses about the phone bill already. i dont need that added on(if it is)

seriously, if the bay pay phone was like $2more(i think it is) i bet so many people would complain.

Subscribe by phone

USD6.99 per call

US. Why?

I don't have a home phone, and I'm certainly not going to go through all the trouble every month of paying by money order.

My cell phone cannot send text messages, plus I'm not adding runescape payments onto my phone bill.

Besides, Jagex doesn't do their business plans based on how you pay, it's based on how a majority currently pay, and the prospect on how they would be willing to pay.

As said before, they wouldn't have resorted to throwing the updates up harshly then following up with fixes the year after if they didn't have to. They mention a few times that the update needed to be up before the end of the year. I'm guessing that's the deadline that the credit card companies gave them.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Congratulations for representing the 1% of players online who aren't overly "affected" by RWT, and being melded into the 85% of players that don't understand the seriousness of it.

You don't care because you don't understand how it affects you or me. That's all. If you had an inkling of understanding on this subject, you wouldn't have posted it.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Real Life Trading cheapens the value of the money and items in the game. It all trickles down eventually-if you bought/sold any item at least once in the game, you have been affected by RLT.

Do I really have to explain basic economics to you? :wall:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Real Life Trading cheapens the value of the money and items in the game. It all trickles down eventually-if you bought/sold any item at least once in the game, you have been affected by RLT.

Everyone benefits from cheaper prices, as you get more 'bang for your buck', so to speak. I can't see how that's a bad thing. In fact, it's a fairly good thing.

Do I really have to explain basic economics to you? :wall:

Yes, please.

As a side note, no one responded to my earlier post. I feel so unloved :(

[hide]

Subscribe by phone

USD6.99 per call

[/hide]

US. Why?

because i wanted to know how the pricing and timing of the mail delivery was. + it probably takes a few stamps, im just wondering what measures it takes for you to get that membership $ to jagex, and the price it costs you

Everyone benefits from cheaper prices, as you get more 'bang for your buck', so to speak. I can't see how that's a bad thing. In fact, it's a fairly good thing.

The legit players who harvest raw materials get screwed royally by real world traders, because they're forced to no longer be able to sell their materials (who's going to buy a few thousand logs at market value when they can buy hundreds of thousands at a time from an autoer at extremely lower prices?). That's what caused legit players to stop harvesting raw materials, and is why the economy became partially dependent on the presence of autoers.

So no, not everyone benefits from cheaper prices.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

People buying Runescape membership via credit card isn't RWT. That's a completely different issue from RWT and I'm fairly sure Jagex knows this.

RWT is where you trade real life cash for in-game items and money. Transactions between RWT'ers doesn't affect Jagex in any way, shape or form as no money is being directed towards Jagex (Money is flowing between the two involved parties). Therefore I fail to understand where RWT begins to impose on Jagex financially.

There was actuly a post about 2 months ago showing how credit card companies are going to JaGeX to cover costs when the gold buyer cant pay his credit card bills.

Lets call the players John. John is a staker, he stakes alot of money every day, winning and losing, one day John gets cleaned and instead of making his money back slowly he buys 300mil which costs roughly 900 euro. John buys it but dosnt have enough money to pay for it on the account, the bank pays for it in terms of a overdraft. Eventually when John hasnt payed off the overdraft the credit card companie gos to JaGeX to pay the bill off as it was their property that was being sold.

That is how RWTing financially affected JaGeX.