A better compromise

Sean_Chaos

well the war against RWT ends tomorow

and if it didnt affect anyone before its certainly going to affect EVERYONE now

The 3k trade rule or balanced trade is the most drastic of these updates and its going to be instituted tomorrow

as already expressed by jagex (ill get quote in a little while) they feel that newer players are at a much higher risk to be RWT

so then i read about the quest point "solution" and i didnt think it was that fair. What about people who hate quests and what about people who are pure skillers who tend to have a ton of money and sometimes can be generous

i thought about it for a while and then i came up with the age of the account should determine how much gold you can unbalancedly (sp? xD) trade

An account that can play on rs classic should have no limit to the amount of gold they can trade. Why because they've proven that for many years they could behave and are less likely to break the rules now. And uptight jagex could even track them better since there are so few of them now if they are concerned.

This is more of a suggestion and a rant about tomorrow but i think jagex should reward us for time played and years of clean rule abiding playing too.

haha im sure the rest of you got better ideas than me

but one thing im sure we can all agree on is that for one QP are unfair

and 2 being able to trade 30k for doing ALL quests is absolutely funny

thats worth 2 to 3 trades while at world 66 fast free laws

Ring_World.gif

That's a good thought, but I bet that some of the RWT accounts are pretty old.

I like the quest point idea because it is the one sure way of determining a 'real' player from a RWT or autoer.

Now, before people start screaming let me note that not ALL 'real' players do a lot of quests.

However, all players that do a lot of quest are 'real' players. The amount of work that needs to be done in order to finish something like the Legend's Quest is more work over a broader range of skills than the RWT's are willing to do.

I see the point that some (many?) 'real' players may be left out, but I feel fairly confident that Jagex is working on that and is ready to listen to any good suggestion.

azdad.png

That's a good thought, but I bet that some of the RWT accounts are pretty old.

I like the quest point idea because it is the one sure way of determining a 'real' player from a RWT or autoer.

Now, before people start screaming let me note that not ALL 'real' players do a lot of quests.

However, all players that do a lot of quest are 'real' players. The amount of work that needs to be done in order to finish something like the Legend's Quest is more work over a broader range of skills than the RWT's are willing to do.

I see the point that some (many?) 'real' players may be left out, but I feel fairly confident that Jagex is working on that and is ready to listen to any good suggestion.

hopefully your right

but the bot accounts themself last about umm probably a week

some RWT's (caugh caugh hardcore stakers) lasted a while and got millions spread around

but their as likely to do quests as anyone else

if i remember right cursed you the first player with lvl 99 construction got banned for RWT

Im sure he was a total quest master (and i guess an old account too but with every old account gone thats one account that will NEVER come back)

if there were RWT's with old accounts then they would still stand out and easily be banned (especially if they were banning 1000's a week im sure they can handle say 100 a week *if everyone who played classic just loved RWTing* for a month)

But remember ANY new account can do quests

NO new account can play rsc again

ALL new accounts grow older and get less of a restraint though (provided they dont get banned)

Ring_World.gif

both the quest point idea and the age limit sound like viable options to extend the imbalanced trade limit, perhaps they could both be implemented?

Say for instance to trade +/- 6k of gp you need to have a LEGIT account for a month or attain 10 QP

To extend that to around 12k you need to have a legit account for 2 months or attain 25 QP...

Now as the ammount goes up, the requierments would have to get a little more strict, like to trade 100k you might have to have a legit account for a year AND attain 75 QP.

just an example of how this could work, any thoughts?

theblastmage.pngtheblastmage.png

theblastmage.png

theblastmage.png

Again, I'm not entirely sold that no old accounts are RWT or macroing accounts.

But maybe couple the two ideas - for 5K trade imbalance you have to have been a member for a year AND have at least 25 quest points - etc. etc.

And I think that if you have 150+ QPs or have been a member for at least 8 years (or something along that line) than there should be no limits for trade imbalance.

azdad.png

But maybe couple the two ideas - for 5K trade imbalance you have to have been a member for a year and have at least 25 quest points - etc. etc.

And I think that if you have 150+ QPs or have been a member for at least 8 years (or something along that line) than there should be no limits for trade imbalance.

yeah thats was the idea i was going for

again why older accounts? your right just because i have an accoutn for 4 years doesnt mean im perfect however what it does mean is that there are less older accounts thus easier to track

the quest point idea isnt leaving

its just something we have to live with but some kinda mix like that should be started

Ring_World.gif

But maybe couple the two ideas - for 5K trade imbalance you have to have been a member for a year AND have at least 25 quest points - etc. etc.

Only problem with that is that people sell their accounts for Real World Cash, thus giving RWT the opportunity to escape the exceptions to trading.

There was an idea going around about being able to select 5 friends has your unlimited trading friends but you could only change them once a month. I rather liked, because i don't trade with many people but for others it might be a hassle.

This does make the Quest Cape Obsolete though seeing as now players are being forced into completing quests just to get a semi fair trade balance.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

As for you pures and people who refuse to do quests, this is for you: If you ignore a part of the game, expect part of the game to ignore you.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

As for you pures and people who refuse to do quests, this is for you: If you ignore a part of the game, expect part of the game to ignore you.

Ok, ignored. :roll:

Seriously. Why not allow certain exceptions to this rule. Having no Black Marks along with year time of playing. 3k is crazy, and I certainly don't want to get 247(or whatever it is) quest points to effect my..

TRADINGlimit.

Sure I don't "ignore" part of the game. But Jagex allows people to lead their own paths, the way they want. I simply hate quests.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

lets remember the best deal jagex is offing right now is 30k for doing all quests

i almost want to abandon the original idea and go completely against unbalanced trade "rule"

i played solely for the reason to work my skills to gain the money to buy the barrows armor and supplies and raise my combat solely to be able to defeat boss monsters in combat

i realize their having updates where you evenly split profits from monster trips

but until then why should someone like me play

the unbalanced trade "suggestion" i offered can temporary solve this problem until then

and also the assist system fails badly so id buy runes now im expecting their prices to triple (at the fastest speed GE will allow)

but still i agree with the ideas above about the 5 friends where you can trade any amount (im guessing to balance it out you need a 2 year old account with quest points in order to choose those friends)

Ring_World.gif

Only problem with that is that people sell their accounts for Real World Cash, thus giving RWT the opportunity to escape the exceptions to trading.

There was an idea going around about being able to select 5 friends has your unlimited trading friends but you could only change them once a month. I rather liked, because i don't trade with many people but for others it might be a hassle.

This does make the Quest Cape Obsolete though seeing as now players are being forced into completing quests just to get a semi fair trade balance.

i like that idea a lot however seeing as how this is jagex were talking about its a shame that it will never be implemented

Ring_World.gif

The biggest rwt sellers were never gold farmers or autoers to begin with they were rich oldschool merchants or stakers like r2 or duke who DO have quest points.

It took an autoer months to make 100m gold, took a good staker half an hour, we have players with billions as a result of staking, they quit rs and they sell their gold.

The qp update is stupid.

[whisper] do some quests [/whisper]

10 quests away from quest master

i was planning on doing them anyways

but now i have to to be able to trade my 30k p3r 15 m1nut3s pl0x

what has runescape come to

Ring_World.gif

sorry but i had to laugh at the "rich and generous pures" part. i have never come across any pure that is generous, most i get for saying Hi is stfu noob. my main pwns yours.

off that side note:

the RSC idea isnt good because osme of us came from there but either our old accounts were hacked, or we havent played in 6 months which doesnt allow us access to RSC anymore.

as to trading my guess is that it will be QP x 3000gp. which for most phat owners is roughly 700k so they can still merch there paper hats. skillers will be slightly damaged as there forced to buy from GE instead of cheaper market prices etc. that all i have to say....(for now :twisted: )

Popoto.~<3

What's more foolproof in a war against RWT and bots, some cockamamie method that hasn't withstood the acid test of time, or something that's almost guaranteed to distinguish bots/RWTers from genuine players?

Age is also a bit presumptuous. Most people think that if your account was created before or on a certain day, you've gotta be a good guy. I don't think you'd have to go far in the community to put that argument to bed...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

both the quest point idea and the age limit sound like viable options to extend the imbalanced trade limit, perhaps they could both be implemented?

Say for instance to trade +/- 6k of gp you need to have a LEGIT account for a month or attain 10 QP

To extend that to around 12k you need to have a legit account for 2 months or attain 25 QP...

Now as the ammount goes up, the requierments would have to get a little more strict, like to trade 100k you might have to have a legit account for a year AND attain 75 QP.

just an example of how this could work, any thoughts?

Hella legit... I love that idea.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

What's more foolproof in a war against RWT and bots, some cockamamie method that hasn't withstood the acid test of time, or something that's almost guaranteed to distinguish bots/RWTers from genuine players?

Age is also a bit presumptuous. Most people think that if your account was created before or on a certain day, you've gotta be a good guy. I don't think you'd have to go far in the community to put that argument to bed...

its just an idea...

if you really hate it so much come up with your own :thumbsup:

like i said (err or probably said anyways) that, thats not the best idea but the current quest point system for 30k is seriously unfair to your non questers (something jagex for years has regarded as unnecessary to play) and gratz on your 200 qp if you are a quester now how does it feel to make your 30k trades? whats that like 2 or 3 trades from world 66 fast free laws

Ring_World.gif

its just an idea...

if you really hate it so much come up with your own :thumbsup:

like i said (err or probably said anyways) that, thats not the best idea but the current quest point system for 30k is seriously unfair to your non questers (something jagex for years has regarded as unnecessary to play) and gratz on your 200 qp if you are a quester now how does it feel to make your 30k trades? whats that like 2 or 3 trades from world 66 fast free laws

Questing still isn't necessary, it's an advantage. That's always been the case, before and after the update.

I agree though that 30Kgp/15m limit isn't really enough for an account with over 200qp. I think that 50Kgp/15m is more realistic.

~ W ~

sigzi.png