We want wild back

1jonagold

The pure also has to train 4 times as much xp as the impure, Some times up to 30x as much.

Its not a flaw in the system its reaping the benifits of hard work..

I have an impure character that has 99 magic 96 str 85 att and 70 def..

Most people my lvl are 80 att str and def, yes i beat them, but they trained 8 million combat xp..

I trained 25 million combat xp..

If you want everything to be fair go play neopets, in runescape hard work is rewarded.

How fun would this game be if every attack style but controlled was removed and every one the same combat lvl was identical?, couse thats what you seem to want.

Word. If you measure it in XP, if both players (impure and pure) had the same combat exp, then the impure would probably win everytime. We train harder, so we deserve the extra power.

Ah, if your going at it that way i can see were hes coming from, aru

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pure also has to train 4 times as much xp as the impure, Some times up to 30x as much.

Im not saying i disagree, but i was just wondeing how you came up with that, aru?

Sorry for double post.

If im 57 combat with 99 magic (has been done before, "danqer" did it), then I would have atleast 13million exp, without adding hits.

Normal level 57s have about 50k in each combat stat, and 10k in prayer, so that would be 210k. 13m/210,000 is roughly 60. For 60 times the work, we deserve to win. Of course that case is just a freak case, but even normal pures generally have double the exp of impures the same level.

Hey.

Im not saying i disagree, but i was just wondeing how you came up with that, aru?

Lets say your a lvl 56 with 40 45 40 melee stats impure..

You have about 400k xp or so in combat.

Im a mage pure with 99 magic..

I have 13 million combat xp.

So tell me who deserves to win in that situation?.

Pures have to put in a lot more effort to get their combat levels.

And the option of being pure is open to EVERY player.

Good, change the system to base combat levels on XP and I will be very happy. The system is currently based on averaging skill levels though, It's broken.

That still wouldn't work. If I was 99 attack 99 strength and 70 defence, being roughly 90 hitpoints I would have 32 million combat exp excluding prayer. An impure with 32 million would probably have 88 in each combat stat excluding prayer.. I still think the pure would win..

Hey.

Sorry for double post.

If im 57 combat with 99 magic (has been done before, "danqer" did it), then I would have atleast 13million exp, without adding hits.

Normal level 57s have about 50k in each combat stat, and 10k in prayer, so that would be 210k. 13m/210,000 is roughly 60. For 60 times the work, we deserve to win. Of course that case is just a freak case, but even normal pures generally have double the exp of impures the same level.

I AM danqer :P but spoot thugs new acc is about to be 56 with 99 mage also, names effektive

Assuming they are both equal levels, in an ideal system they would have the same chance of winning or the outcome would be based on the "combat triangle". Face it, leveling in RS is a joke. The system is ineffective and unfair in so many ways that it's not even funny.

Sorry for double post.

I AM danqer :P but spoot thugs new acc is about to be 56 with 99 mage also, names effektive

You're danqer?!?! Dang..

I too was going for a low combat mage pure, not quite as low cause I wanted hits too, but I was 58 with 87 and 99 banked, but I got perm banned/locked then banned again. Kinda annoying tbh.

Hey.

Assuming they are both equal levels, in an ideal system they would have the same chance of winning or based on the "combat triangle". Face it, leveling in RS is a joke. The system is ineffective and unfair in so many ways that it's not even funny.

Why should it be equal? In my eyes, one has put in weeks/months of time and the other has put in maybe a few hours/days.. I think the pure deserves to win outright. They've put more work in, how can it possibly be "fair" that someone who trained for 1/1000th of the time they did be able to beat them?

Hey.

Erm, hitting 30 on a guy who's max is about 15 and is the same level as you is not fair at all in any way. Period. It is broken and anyone who cannot see that is blind.

Oh but wait, I forgot, anyone who likes to experiment on RS or try out different combinations of stats, is a "flaw abuser"

No, finding combos and experimenting is fine. Hitting double of a person equal leveled to you is not fine.

Two equal leveled players in pretty much every other game made have an equal chance of winning and the outcome depends more on skill. In RS the pure beats the normal player always.

Wait, what? It isn't fair that the pure expended far more effort to get a more powerful result and is both capable of and knows when to change styles when necessary to adapt to the situation? Does not compute.

There are plenty of ways to counter pures even at a low level. To have all protection prayers, one need only gain roughly seven combat levels, which is a very good trade-off.

Erm, hitting 30 on a guy who's max is about 15 and is the same level as you is not fair at all in any way. Period. It is broken and anyone who cannot see that is blind.

Oh but wait, I forgot, anyone who likes to experiment on RS or try out different combinations of stats, is a "flaw abuser"

No, finding combos and experimenting is fine. Hitting double of a person equal leveled to you is not fine.

Two equal leveled players in pretty much every other game made have an equal chance of winning and the outcome depends more on skill. In RS the pure beats the normal player always.

So, this person who decided to get combat xp in less damaging skills (Prayer, Defense) while I decided to get damaging ones should hit as much as me? In that case, screw training strength, ranged, and magic. We'll all be equal anyways. My level 5 [Insert Combat Skill Here] hitting as much as their level 30? Sounds good.

Oh yeah, you contradict yourself. "Two equal leveled players in pretty much every other game made have an equal chance of winning and the outcome depends more on skill" You're right. They do have an equal chance. Thing is, pures and 'impures' aren't equally leveled. You fail.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Thing is, pures and 'impures' aren't equally leveled. You fail.

RS has labeled them both as "Level 58". So, I was under the assumption that in a functional system this would mean near equal power.

So, this person who decided to get combat xp in less damaging skills (Prayer, Defense) while I decided to get damaging ones should hit as much as me? In that case, screw training strength, ranged, and magic. We'll all be equal anyways. My level 5 [insert Combat Skill Here] hitting as much as their level 30? Sounds good.

The thing is that the defense they trained does nothing but raise their combat level up until 45 and 70, and thats only if they want to risk taking in a bunch of extra cash to loose.

Wait, what? It isn't fair that the pure expended far more effort to get a more powerful result and is both capable of and knows when to change styles when necessary to adapt to the situation? Does not compute.

No, it's not fair that his combat level is not an accurate representation to his actual power.

I don't really see the need to argue my point though, PKing is no more.

i dont want wildy back because i can mine more rune ores now than before, and revenants only walks not runs after one

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

about a week ago, i was taking part in a parade to get the wildy back. with lots and lots and lots of people. then we went into the wildy.

we all got owned by the thriple knight team... completley decamated us...

we want the wild back!!!!

O.mirzan-O.mirzan.gif

d drops/ legs(0) chain (0) axes (0) skirts (0) meds(0)/ visage! (0)/ rings (0)

-My Blog! Don't forget to post!

Thing is, pures and 'impures' aren't equally leveled. You fail.

RS has labeled them both as "Level 58". So, I was under the assumption that in a functional system this would mean near equal power.

So, this person who decided to get combat xp in less damaging skills (Prayer, Defense) while I decided to get damaging ones should hit as much as me? In that case, screw training strength, ranged, and magic. We'll all be equal anyways. My level 5 [insert Combat Skill Here] hitting as much as their level 30? Sounds good.

The thing is that the defense they trained does nothing but raise their combat level up until 45 and 70, and thats only if they want to risk taking in a bunch of extra cash to loose.

No, it's not fair that his combat level is not an accurate representation to his actual power.

I don't really see the need to argue my point though, PKing is no more.

Whereas PKing is indeed no more, that does not mean it wont eventually be back. I'm one of the optimists who feel that it will, moving on.

His combat level may not be an accurate represtentation but then again, ever heard of twinking? I dont care WHAT game it is you're playing, if it's anywhere as good as runescape is there's always the ability to have more power than you should for your level. It's part of the challenge of the game to create a pure/twink.

As far as bashing someone raising defense for combat level, that's what would happen on the system you want. People would do anything to raise their combat level simply because no matter what they do they'll all hit the same. Frankly, that's boring and communist. You must be one of those who really like the new updates huh?

Oh, and by the way. Combat levels have never been whats important. It's much more impressive for one to spend hours on end working on a skill while doing what they can to keep their combat level than it is to keep all your skills equal. One requires precise math and planning whereas the other simply doesnt.

Narasumas1.png