No Brains Needed to Bounty Hunt.

goosey134

@King Royale - If you truly believe that it takes no brains to pk, then id suggest actually pking first.

I'm saying that in F2P it's extremely annoying to find people who can PK well, as all I see is people insulting others for playing tactically.

quickmariork3.jpg

P2P PKing probably needs more brains, due to the higher number of variables in the battle such as pots, specials... etc.

Yeah P2P takes so much skill, you have to click on a "special attack" bar a whole 4 times!! [/sarcasm]

It's the timing that matters ::' But think what you will. If you personally base skill on clicking well... You need more clicking for P2P :D

P2P PKing probably needs more brains, due to the higher number of variables in the battle such as pots, specials... etc.

Yeah P2P takes so much skill, you have to click on a "special attack" bar a whole 4 times!! [/sarcasm]

And know when to use anti pot, when to spec, when to eat, when to pray, you got no idea if you think p2p pking didnt take more skill, take it from some one who has pked on both since as long as they have existed, p2p takes more skill.

Yes, i suppose i shouldnt be saying p2p doesnt take skill considering the fact that i have never tried p2p :-w

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

Btw, you cant be ignorant if you dont know something ;)

Dude, there was actually no need for a brain to PK anyway.

If you know nothing of the wild, how can you possibly judge it?? :roll:

I dont know Members PKing.

Considering you seem to hate pking, I figure it's safe to say that you know little of what f2p pking is really like. The scum you see at (the former) lvl. 1 Varrok wild isn't an accurate representation of the pking population.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Not much brains needed to play mmorpg's, and wild didn't involve much brains either. You either had A: strength in numbers or B: strength in level. But hell ya, wildy needs to come back.

I disagree with the whole "Strength in level" part- a good part of winning in the wild was the strategy you chose to employ against particular opponents.

True...but, most players would only bring 1 set of armor (mage, archer, knight) and use it against the class in the combat triangle that is easy for their armor type to kill. Yes, stradegy right there. But, then it goes to the lvl 40 mages who hunt down the lower levels for easy cash. In that area, there is strength in level.

Limpbizkit, I read the rules, and that's spamming. :-k

Anyway, On topic; I dont really find that you needed any brain to PK unless it was a complicated battle between another smart Rs'er, which is quite hard to find in F2P.

Sorry? :)

I think people are definatly under rating how complicated f2p pking can be, some of the best fights i've ever had were on f2p.

Me and my friend took down 6 clan members at once and the rest of them logged on 1 inventory of food each, theres no way you could have done that in multi members. F2p pking took odds, and judgement and all that. Its not just immature pure battles like most people think.

well seeing 3/4 of the topic is flaming im just going to equip myself with a waterskin to protect me from the heat 8-)

in a way Pk'ing doesnt require brains but it all depends on your opponent and the environment your in. for example if you are versing 2 melee based players around your level the clear obvious is you wont run into a fight and out-pound them with a battle-axe. a more tacticle method would be magic but then your defence is critically lowered due to armor. and so more thinking is required while if you were a high level you could simply burst / barrage them with some ice and tada there frozen and boned over.

in my opinion f2p is more of a challenge not because your more likely to find a opponent your level...or clan but because your limited in equipment it makes it more harder to think up a new tactic because your tactics are also limited making it more of a challenge.....unless you teleport :XD:

so before i run out of waterskins the answer in my opinion is sort of you do but you dont need brains for PK'ing.

In case anyone tell me otherwise i have been PK'ing before 8-)

Popoto.~<3

Well, do you think that Jagex is going to fix this to a degree? Will the 1 on 1 arena do the trick? Or will that be luck of the draw?

Also, I think that the timing of the click could be considered a skill. I know that I was lousy at player killing. I admit it. I did it extremely rarely, but I will say that on the few times that I was killed. I could tell the ones that were good and the ones that weren't.

felter_laur.png

when i head of bounty hunter i did this :wall: but on my flatscreen so i bought a new one now lol

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

Well, do you think that Jagex is going to fix this to a degree? Will the 1 on 1 arena do the trick? Or will that be luck of the draw?

Also, I think that the timing of the click could be considered a skill. I know that I was lousy at player killing. I admit it. I did it extremely rarely, but I will say that on the few times that I was killed. I could tell the ones that were good and the ones that weren't.

Horrah! i can't wait to get pjed in the 1 on 1 bounty hunter! and i can't wait to never win a fight since everyone will always be able to leave with 10 seconds of them starting to lose the fight(no matter what)

Well, did Jagex say it's for 1V1?

Honestly, all it is is a place for clans to pray on smaller clans/individuals. That's why they're making the new 1V1 PVP area.

Good, now i can get pjed all day long until my prey runs to the exit and leaves.

In case anyone tells you otherwise, you are obviously a very inexperienced PKer. Kind of like women sportscasters on FOX.

and that is called sexist with your insults to female sportscasters, learn some basic principles before you insult me next time involving what is what. :shame:

and to your answer, 7 years =/= inexperiance. 8-)

Popoto.~<3

In case anyone tells you otherwise, you are obviously a very inexperienced PKer. Kind of like women sportscasters on FOX.

and that is called sexist with your insults to female sportscasters, learn some basic principles before you insult me next time involving what is what. :shame:

and to your answer, 7 years =/= inexperiance. 8-)

I have to agree it is sexist, if he hadn't said ON FOX. The fox sports casters are just people who read paper. They don't know anything, some girls out their do know their sports, cassie cambell for example.