Goku Colorization

Hopeless_Soul_13

Nadril: I dont think it would look nice with colored lines, black are mostly used in manga.

Hopless_Soul_13:

1. Where is "light source"? Becouse shades are just horrible. On one hand i see 2-3 diffrent options of shade.

2. I dont like color of hair. Its too dark.

3. Red eyes? Is he a vampire? I dont like it.

4. All this colors dont look nice at one picture.

Oh yeah, i think i wrote enough...

mysig2.png

----TheLair Game!----

"Game isn't dead... You wish!"

Well, at least you can color in the lines.

Really its nothing impressive.

I agree TBH. Unless you made the original drawing yourself, good job in that case.

I don't think he made the original drawing. ;)

But anyways, I don't see why you guys are hating on his work so much. I think it's rather nice.

Cc-

1) As someone has said, his eyes aren't normally red. I think they're brown or something. (Havn't watched Dragon Ball Z in a few years. :| )

2) Unless Goku changed his outfit, it was always orange and blue. The red you have now needs to be changed to orange, and the blue needs to be a bit lighter.

3) His hair is a bit lighter as well, I think.

EDIT- 4) Oh, and his skin is usually more peach-ish isn't it? :?

cool_ice77.png

cool_ice77.png

Nadril: I dont think it would look nice with colored lines, black are mostly used in manga.

nadril said he can color IN the line btw XD

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

Well except for the one nice comment with CC you all are [bleep]ing moronic. I didn't say i drew the original, the title obviously says "Goku COLORIZATION", and i customized it a little. Also wither you guys realize it or not all the steps in that tutorial Sue_Kitsu posted a link to are similar to what is involved in colorizing anime. So it's not just a matter of "Staying in the lines" as many of you have said. This just shows how much self esteem you guys have when you have to bash on someone like you just did, screw tip.it....

Well except for the one nice comment with CC you all are [bleep] moronic. I didn't say i drew the original, the title obviously says "Goku COLORIZATION", and i customized it a little. Also wither you guys realize it or not all the steps in that tutorial Sue_Kitsu posted a link to are similar to what is involved in colorizing anime. So it's not just a matter of "Staying in the lines" as many of you have said. This just shows how much self esteem you guys have when you have to bash on someone like you just did, screw tip.it....

You asked for C/C and you got it. If you can't take criticism you should give up.... Now...

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Well except for the one nice comment with CC you all are [bleep] moronic. I didn't say i drew the original, the title obviously says "Goku COLORIZATION", and i customized it a little. Also wither you guys realize it or not all the steps in that tutorial Sue_Kitsu posted a link to are similar to what is involved in colorizing anime. So it's not just a matter of "Staying in the lines" as many of you have said. This just shows how much self esteem you guys have when you have to bash on someone like you just did, screw tip.it....

Take the crits and learn. It makes you better.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

This is a good tutorial for learning how to paint? I think it's easier to start realistic, then go to cartoons. It gives you more background knowledge about any topic you're drawing?

I also know they may sound harsh when you read them, but the criticism isn't all bad here. Some good pointers are in here, and I think you should learn from them :3.

Anyway, I like it. 8/10

jiraiya_lova

3b56ac8e.png

guys you're all coming on a bit harsh, critique isn't giving blunt negative opinions about someones work Im not suprised Hopeless_Soul is defensive.. Yes this may be a forum and everyone's entitled to their own opinions but this is also a community, help him out, really if you think you can do better why not suggest how, dont just list everything you dislike. Seriously its what's gonna bring the Gallery section of this forum down, this used to be such a friendly place.

I think your colours could be tweaked closer to make more sense for the character, the clothing would be a bit more orange for example. But what I think you need to do is add a lighter shade ontop to help with depth.. What you've done so far works well, but it may be a little hard to tell where the light source is coming from.. I'd concentrate on sticking to one direct lighting from one side maybe, add in shadows, imagine where the light can hit and where it wont. It may be anime but you can still put that effort in.

vistame09copyhr8.png

I think your colours could be tweaked closer to make more sense for the character, the clothing would be a bit more orange for example. But what I think you need to do is add a lighter shade ontop to help with depth.. What you've done so far works well, but it may be a little hard to tell where the light source is coming from.. I'd concentrate on sticking to one direct lighting from one side maybe, add in shadows, imagine where the light can hit and where it wont. It may be anime but you can still put that effort in.

Ok, i'll try that with the current line art im working on right now...

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs5/i/2004/2 ... elle84.jpg

It might be a little bit until its done (because I have to deal with school), but I will get it done :D

p.s. I do sincerely apologize for my reaction to the CC I received but I did get a little :evil: when on every other forum I posted this on I got good reviews and tips but came back to this one to negativity. On that note I do hope that none of you guys are offended in any way :thumbsup:

Hopeless_Soul_13

Ok, i'll try that with the current line art im working on right now...

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs5/i/2004/2 ... elle84.jpg

This one looks a lot more promising. :)

I like the shading right now, but it's a little too simple. You should try adding details, more tones and some sort of background composition. Also, be sure to use a single light source and have all the shadows consistent throughout.

Don't feel obliged to limit your details, lighting or background/foreground elements simply because it's an anime drawing. For example, adding some sort of fireball effect (or whatever he shoots out of his fists) and sketching up some sort of background would help make it look much better. :)

You asked for C/C and you got it. If you can't take criticism you should give up.... Now...

What the hell kind of constructive criticism is that? :-s It's neither constructive nor critical.

To "criticise" is to point out the strengths and weaknesses in a work and judge it accordingly.

I would still rather the OP draw his own material he is coloring instead of just coloring some persons random drawing. No matter how hard I try I still just invision some kid coloring in his coloring book. #-o

If he is really serious for this though you need to pick an actual light source though. Right now everything is way too random and we have no idea where the light is coming from. The coloring is pretty primative because its mostly one color and then a shade of that color. I know that anime isn't always the most extensive when it comes to this but really, try to improvise a bit and add more than just a bit of color.

^ I agree.

If he really wants C/C: I'd say add more different shades of colour, right now the shading is looking too simple IMO. Also, I don't really like his skin colour, too grey-ish for me.

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART

What the hell kind of constructive criticism is that? :-s It's neither constructive nor critical.

To "criticise" is to point out the strengths and weaknesses in a work and judge it accordingly.

What I was trying to say was if you ask for criticism and you get it and don't like it, you shouldn't piss and moan at people like that because they are trying to help you improve.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other