Days of infamy: the worst is yet to come

ixfd64

To be honest, I don't think the worst is to come at all.

Jagex has submitted us to all of these changes, so that those who carry on playing will be playing abetter game, with no bots, no hacking, and no Real World Trading.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

The worst has come! We just haven't realised it yet! To not have the freedom to trade how we like.... That's so totaly mean.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

Jagex has submitted us to all of these changes, so that those who carry on playing will be playing abetter game, with no bots, no hacking, and no Real World Trading.

No risk, no excitement, no fun, no danger, no skill, no sharing, no giving, Shall i continue?

how many people don't really care enough to whine about it constantly and will continue to play and adapt to the change? apparently not you! just more proof that the TC's children will be devoured by manbearpig.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

What we have here are a certain number of people who think that everyone plays the game like they do. They hate the new updates, so they think everyone should hate them as well.

Now, some of these people hate the new updates because they can no longer scam, cheat, RWT, steal and do whatever other kind of mischief they desire. They will keep insisting how terrible all this is, how millions of people will quit, how the game is ruined beyond salvation. They will try to enlist everyone else into their campaign to get the changes turned back. This will not work.

The rest of us are not fooled, and it will start driving the miscreants crazy. They will continue to be vocal in their complaints, wondering why the vast majority of players have not risen as one, and forced a rollback by Jagex. But the simple truth is that these changes are not all that drastic for people who just want to play the game: work on their skills, have fun, do quests, hang out etc.

And the fact is that the changes have actually made the game better. I wish that the game was set up this way 3 years ago when I started playing. This is much better for me, and I suspect many other players as well. As for the cheaters, scammers, RWT etc., donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t let the door hit you on the way out.

Excuse me, good sirrah, but I despise these updates as well and, last time I checked, I have never been blackmarked or muted in my 2 1/2 years of playing. I have tried to be kind, courteous, and polite in all of my dealings. So why are you lumping all who don't like these updates into the same category as the rule breakers?

Same goes for me, and I've been playing since 2004, no blackmarks, Im not a pker or merchanter, I dislike teh updates as a matter of principle. I also dont monsterhunt.

Yep, me too. I've played since mid '03 (quit a few months once :| ) , never cheated or been blackmarked, I don't stake, pk or merch, and I don't operate autoers. I'm opposed to the trade update mainly because it eliminates the ability to help others by giving presents to friends or handing out free armor and weapons to new players, even if the updates were ultimately for the best.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Sure things are going to change because of this update. I have many times myself given away stuff which has been worth over 30k, sometimes over 100k too. But I have also received valueable items too. Neither of these fun events will happen again in the future though thanks to this update.

With this Jagex has also taken away pretty much all merchanting from the game. I used to make almost all my money using merchanting so now I will have to find new ways to make money.

Although RS won't be as fun as before, I will keep playing. RS is still a great game, I think, and I don't think that a few mistakes should make you quit the game.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

how many people don't really care enough to whine about it constantly and will continue to play and adapt to the change? apparently not you! just more proof that the TC's children will be devoured by manbearpig.

Sure things are going to change because of this update. I have many times myself given away stuff which has been worth over 30k, sometimes over 100k too. But I have also received valueable items too. Neither of these fun events will happen again in the future though thanks to this update.

With this Jagex has also taken away pretty much all merchanting from the game. I used to make almost all my money using merchanting so now I will have to find new ways to make money.

Although RS won't be as fun as before, I will keep playing. RS is still a great game, I think, and I don't think that a few mistakes should make you quit the game.

This isn't a mistake. This was deliberate. You- me- All of us- We have a choice to make. We can quit, or we can try to have fun in this collapsing house of cards. If you CAN have fun, more power to ya. For me- for many of us- these updates were not worth it, and maybe one day you will see things the way we do now. I just hope for your sake that you notice it sooner.

What you guys are forgetting is that by stopping rwt for the past coupe of years theyve been putting their profit margins as a lesser prioritie than rwt.

Youve gotta give them credit for what theyre doing because look at games like wow and guild wars.I quit guild wars because everyone on the server was a farmer #-o

tifsdac6mc.gif

No risk, no excitement, no fun, no danger, no skill, no sharing, no giving, Shall i continue?

Please, elaborate.

The updates were nessacary. RWT was slowly ruining the game. Really, only a little has been changed.

And the worst has already passed. Jagex said that they aren't going to do any more radical changes in the future.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

What you guys are forgetting is that by stopping rwt for the past coupe of years theyve been putting their profit margins as a lesser prioritie than rwt.

Youve gotta give them credit for what theyre doing because look at games like wow and guild wars.I quit guild wars because everyone on the server was a farmer #-o

No doubt that what they did was a hard decision, but it was still wrong, more in the sense that they based their changes around gameplay that was more akin to work and disposed of those aspects of the game that were not. Paradoxically, these measures have eliminated RuneScape's problems with goldfarming, but at the same time have opened up grand new possibilities to people who write macroing programs or host powerleveling services.

Really, only a little has been changed.

You can't imagine what has been lost for some of us.

Do you know why Jagex does not/has not implemented this, however? Repetition = time = money, savvy?

WoW, and many other games, are also repetitive. But by no means do the developers of those games conserve their money rather than spend it on the game. RuneScape and all the other games are updated frequently, but it's very hard and risky to change the gameplay. Sure, Jagex could make it into a sort of hack-and-slash, but that'd be expensive and would probably cause major riots.

And about the quests. I'm not sure what game you've been playing, but just let me clarify: this forum is about RuneScape. The quests are some of the most complex in the MMO market.

And I fail to see how it was any better before this update.

Really, only a little has been changed.

You can't imagine what has been lost for some of us.

Okay, merchanting is gone... there are plenty of other ways to make money.

And PKing... is now more fast-paced and "mind-engaging", though I can understand how some people might see this as a loss.

Monster hunting... has been postponed temporarily until Jagex updates LootShare (hurry up!).

And gifts are now limited to 3-30k.

Most of the game is unchanged.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Do you know why Jagex does not/has not implemented this, however? Repetition = time = money, savvy?

WoW, and many other games, are also repetitive. But by no means do the developers of those games conserve their money rather than spend it on the game. RuneScape and all the other games are updated frequently, but it's very hard and risky to change the gameplay. Sure, Jagex could make it into a sort of hack-and-slash, but that'd be expensive and would probably

cause major riots.

They spend it on ways that will please the players at the minimum cost (read: maximum profit). Surely you cannot be that naive?

And about the quests. I'm not sure what game you've been playing, but just let me clarify: this forum is about RuneScape. The quests are some of the most complex in the MMO market.

Which is really a pity, since I can get much better from a decent single-player RPG.

Just read the post way above... You know, that one about trading, PKing, staking, merchandising, et cetera? Yeah, that.

Okay, merchanting is gone... there are plenty of other ways to make money.

Go on.

And PKing... is now more fast-paced and "mind-engaging", though I can understand how some people might see this as a loss.

I really hate it when people who don't understand PKing try to talk about Bounty Hunter like it's a good thing.

Monster hunting... has been postponed temporarily until Jagex updates LootShare (hurry up!).

Fair enough.

What in the bloody blue HELL am I going to do with 30k?

Most of the game [you played, which to me and many others is not worth playing] is unchanged.

WoW, and many other games, are also repetitive. But by no means do the developers of those games conserve their money rather than spend it on the game. RuneScape and all the other games are updated frequently, but it's very hard and risky to change the gameplay. Sure, Jagex could make it into a sort of hack-and-slash, but that'd be expensive and would probably cause major riots.

They spend it on ways that will please the players at the minimum cost (read: maximum profit). Surely you cannot be that naive?

Of course, because they don't want to waste their money on unnessacary extras the players don't care about. But that's far, far, far from letting the game run by itself while they count the money. And radical (more so than these updates) updates on the most basic gameplay mechanics of a game = bad idea.

Which is really a pity, since I can get much better from a decent single-player RPG.

MMOs emphasize different aspects than single player games.

Just read the post way above... You know, that one about trading, PKing, staking, merchandising, et cetera? Yeah, that.

How exactly are the old features more "mind-engaging" than what we have now? The features that aren't "work" are still here (minigames, most quests, etc., though PKing is arguably worse.)

I really hate it when people who don't understand PKing try to talk about Bounty Hunter like it's a good thing.

I didn't say it was better than old PKing, I said it was more mind-engaging.

Fair enough.

What in the bloody blue HELL am I going to do with 30k?

Fair enough.

Most of the game [you played, which to me and many others is not worth playing] is unchanged.

No. The game in whole. Every single corner and interesting aspect of the game that existed. I can see how people might be upset and quit over this update. But don't pretend that all, or even majority, of the fun things in this game have been removed.

Of course, because they don't want to waste their money on unnessacary extras the players don't care about. But that's far, far, far from letting the game run by itself while they count the money. And radical (more so than these updates) updates on the most basic gameplay mechanics of a game = bad idea.

Unless that gameplay scarcely counts as such. I know you already know what I mean.

MMOs emphasize different aspects than single player games.

Yet, quests are almost entirely single-player and those that are not are akin to pulling teeth. Saying you can get what you need for the quests from other players isn't that much different than buying those items from a shop in a single-player RPG.

How exactly are the old features more "mind-engaging" than what we have now? The features that aren't "work" are still here (minigames, most quests, etc., though PKing is arguably worse.)

Ok, minigames are good, right? They're fun, not mindless, and fast-paced... But wait, what? You're all out of money and don't have the supplies to play anymore? That's too bad. Looks like you're either stuck with melee or have to go skill.

It appears I really must spell out to you what was superior about the old system. What made the old system great is that you could beat it. By the power of your BRAIN, you could develop strategies to train faster, fight better, and make more money than anyone else (and yes, for those good enough, PKing was very much a good way to make money). You didn't have to spend time sitting in one place clicking on trees or rocks waiting to get a level or get a certain amount of money. Shocking, huh? What's left, then? Monster hunting? Quests? Again, I can point to many titles much older than RuneScape that have better gameplay (don't get me started on graphics) yet have essentially the same types of features.

You're probably gonna call me out on the "train faster" part; yes, it is true you can still find faster training strategies, but what is training anyway? It's a means to an end, and a heck of a lot of ends have been fried with these updates.

You, sir, are a moron. I don't care enough about scammers and RWT to have an update ruin a lot of my playing experience. This is the only MMORPG that doesn't allow you to trade the way you want to, that has a reason you know.

:thumbsup:

I hate the old "Anyone who doesn't like this update is a scammer/cheater!" crap that some people like to spew. I've been playing this game-- Well, not always playing, but I created my character back in 01/02-- And *I* hate the updates because it prevents me from doing any of the things I previously enjoyed (PK'ing, staking and monster hunting, to be specific).