Project Onyx v3 | Issue 4, Jan. 5 | New Version! Site Open!

Skill_Caster

ProjectOnyx3.png

onyxlive_01.gif

Issue 4, Volume 1 | January 6th, 2008

Click here to visit the Project Onyx Public site and forums! Click here to visit the enhanced IRC client for OnyxIRC!

Happy New Year!

From all of us at Project Onyx, we wish you a happy New Year! We hope you have a wonderful 2008 and keep your New Year's Resolutions. Speaking of New Year's Resolutions, we at Project Onyx have decided to step up our game, and are unrolling a few new surprises right in this very issue!

content.png

headline.png

indentbv9.png

Welcome to Project Onyx v3! As the winter holidays were passing,

the Project Onyx Development site was once again busy with a

development of another version of the Project Onyx news portal.

One change you may have already noticed is the 'leet' new OnyxLive

widget. Similar to OnyxCast, it will allow you to see live little snippets

of Project Onyx notifications or 'breaking news' alerts regarding in-game

happenings. Another big change we will be introducing is - an open site!

The staff have agreed to open a portion of the new Development site

to the public, allowing readers to interact with the staff and paper more

directly. Another very exciting feature on the site is the enhanced IRC

client for OnyxIRC, so you can access OnyxIRC with one click, and also

experience it in a user-friendly, advanced client. For more information,

go to the site and check it out, or scroll down to the OnyxIRC section.

v3 also will be marking the start of several behind-the-scenes projects

that will soon appear in Project Onyx.

We at Project Onyx wish you a happy new year. :) Enjoy the v3!

end.png

literature.png

Chapter 4: The Underground House

Shadowcheval

The house was incredibly vast. Its floors were covered with skins of numerous creatures, but in such a way that gave the room an imposing effect. These creatures ranged from bears to unicorns, and everything in between. If one were to look at them, one would get lost trying to figure out how many types there were. The walls were equally majestic. Paintings and that familiar symbol hung everywhere. At a wall near the door, there were little closets without doors, where the soldiers placed their armor after and before a battle. Santran saw that some were still placing their armor inside. He took Aryada to one of the empty ones and labeled it with her name. She understood immediately.

As she was putting her new armor away, he went around the house. He still marveled that such an incredibly huge thing was underneath the Barbarian Tavern. He noticed that some of his squad was signaling to him, and he approached.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅSir, weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re ready to redo our previous information. We were just waiting for youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

tipitsig.png

It's a nice edition-thingy-something-whatever-the-hell-you call-a-portal-edition, but our constant overlapping release dates are starting to freak me out. :ohnoes: Another nice story by Xew, but we've got a good writer in our roster, too.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

It's a nice edition-thingy-something-whatever-the-hell-you call-a-portal-edition, but our constant overlapping release dates are starting to freak me out. :ohnoes: Another nice story by Xew, but we've got a good writer in our roster, too.

Err...thanks...I guess? :P I don't see why that would freak you out though, we publish every Saturday...that's our weekly choice of publishing. The GT choose the same day too. Weekly papers, online and IRL, usually publish on the weekend, and Saturday is sometimes called the 'middle' of the weekend, so...

tipitsig.png

Err...thanks...I guess? :P I don't see why that would freak you out though, we publish every Saturday...that's our weekly choice of publishing. The GT choose the same day too. Weekly papers, online and IRL, usually publish on the weekend, and Saturday is sometimes called the 'middle' of the weekend, so...

We, and you guys too apparently, post every OTHER Saturday and we we're suppose to publish last Saturday as normal but with so many Staff on Holiday Vacation and spending time with family (me included) we didn't get one put together and pushed it off to THIS Saturday. Then suddenly you guys pop up here to0 - out of "normal"

by the way...your little site made me get a Security Warning pop-up, might want to check that out :wink:

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

We, and you guys too apparently, post every OTHER Saturday and we we're suppose to publish last Saturday as normal but with so many Staff on Holiday Vacation and spending time with family (me included) we didn't get one put together and pushed it off to THIS Saturday. Then suddenly you guys pop up here to0 - out of "normal"

No, we post every week. We didn't post last week because of the Holidays.

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

Well, even before the holidays you guys must of missed a whole lot of weeks :XD:

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

by the way...your little site made me get a Security Warning pop-up, might want to check that out :wink:

That's nothing to worry about, it's simply a Java Platform alert, asking you whether or not you wish to run the IRC client java applet. Chances are, you probably encountered this alert the first time you played RS too.

tipitsig.png

Prob cause they put effort into theirs???

Anyway OT: I will have to check out the site.

Well, even before the holidays you guys must of missed a whole lot of weeks :XD:

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I wouldn't exactly say that.

Issue 4 of PO v1(.5) - Oct. 13, 2007

5.5 Weeks for Development of Project Onyx v2 (Which was indeed a big update)

Issue 1 of PO v2 - Nov. 24, 2007

Exactly 1 Week Passes

Issue 2 of PO v2 - Dec. 1, 2007

Week Passes, Preping the Site for v3

1 Week Passes

Issue 3 (Holiday Issue) of PO v2 - Dec. 14, 2007

Holiday Break for the Staff/v3 Development

The Present - Jan. 5, 2008

Obviously, we did not post for 5.5 weeks because of the development of v2, but I think everyone on the staff can agree that was time was worth it. Other than that, we've kept a decent schedule.

tipitsig.png

To Book and firsttsurugi, Why is it nessecary to come here and point out that we, MUCH like you, missed a few issues during the Holiday break. Why does it matter if we post on the same date, either? Why does it matter weather we post on Saturday, Sunday...

And we "suddenly" pop up, meaning that we have an issue put together and we would like to put it out. While I still don't understand the source of your argument, I would really appreciate it if you could do it over pm or Irc chat.

On topic: I invite everyone to join our site, we have a built in Irc and everything! :D

brandonssx.png

To Book and firsttsurugi, Why is it nessecary to come here and point out that we, MUCH like you, missed a few issues during the Holiday break. Why does it matter if we post on the same date, either? Why does it matter weather we post on Saturday, Sunday...

And we "suddenly" pop up, meaning that we have an issue put together and we would like to put it out. While I still don't understand the source of your argument, I would really appreciate it if you could do it over pm or Irc chat.

On topic: I invite everyone to join our site, we have a built in Irc and everything! :D

I never said it was a bad thing, did I? I just said it somewhat freaked me out, but that's not something to start an arguement over. Other than that, the only thing I've done that could even remotely start an arguement would be me complimenting Xew's article. I'm the guy here who's completely nuetral, because I really don't need to be in a biased arguement. Or am I just full of myself and have no idea what I'm talking about? I'll just let you decide and be on my merry way to the next topic. \:D/

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Lol, nice move Skill_caster :wink:

Only a few of us know what I'm talking about anyways.... :XD:

Care to elaborate?

If I did...

1. Skill_caster would probably get another mod to delete my post

2. It'd just start an arguement and embarrass a certain person :wink:

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

I dunno if anyway introduced Ratchet, but here goes...

Ratchet's a new writer for us! He's going to be writing all sorts of things including a new, and exciting, story! You'll definetly want to read it!

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

I dunno if anyway introduced Ratchet, but here goes...

Ratchet's a new writer for us! He's going to be writing all sorts of things including a new, and exciting, story! You'll definetly want to read it!

Yep, so now you'll be able to experience 3 new installments of each literature series now!

tipitsig.png

Really, I'll check him out, the Xebn Xocnil guy, right?

Anyhoo... SKILL! NEED PERMISSIONS ON SITE PLOX!!!

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.