Runescape Community - Lacking something?

Ok, ive had a long think about the runescape community and its lacking what you will definitly need to enjoy the game, friendship.

Nearly everybody insults each other, and theres only the few in the game which actualy help players.

So i was thinking, the quest which members had, shades of mor'ton, maybe there should be a new F2P quest which had the same properties as that since it needed a group to help, although a little group of people wouldnt help the struggling groups, many people did help.

And before you mention shield of arrav, think. Its a 2 person quest, you could set up an account and ask a buddy to do it if you were that lonely on runescape (believe me, many people are lol). Maybe a quest with an incredibly hard monster? Each group from 3-10 combat, 11-20 and etc had a leveled monster and must help each other.

Thats the only idea I have, but I know 100 percent, half of the people will reck it with the noob insult, which im getting tired of hearing in fights. How are you a noob if you lose?

hey

that sounds like an awsome idea i could go for some new quests that involves others....ive done all the f2p quests. and ill be ur friend in rs if u want ive got a list start already of like 10 ppl my rs name is rice1232

hey

that sounds like an awsome idea i could go for some new quests that involves others....ive done all the f2p quests. and ill be ur friend in rs if u want ive got a list start already of like 10 ppl my rs name is rice1232

ROFL...well good to see somebody cares, but im not actualy lonely. I came up with this idea to actualy have a real community on runescape, but all those little 11 years that play it can say is 'noob'.

*Sorry if I offend and 11 year old here, but every time I ask some one who slips in a random insult, they are 11 or 12.

It's a good idea unfortunately i don't think it will cure the problem. This kind of stuff seems to happen whenever a game is free. I've noticed some of the kids doing a lot of this insulting and it seems to lure a few of the older players into it. To make this worse some of the younger players have also begged their parents enough to get members, I was watching someone try to cooperate with someone and what i heard from one of the players was, "Stupid noob thats not what you're supposed to do ***". Maybe they can put in some co-op quest in f2p and see how it gos though. :)

It's a good idea unfortunately i don't think it will cure the problem. This kind of stuff seems to happen whenever a game is free. I've noticed some of the kids doing a lot of this insulting and it seems to lure a few of the older players into it. To make this worse some of the younger players have also begged their parents enough to get members, I was watching someone try to cooperate with someone and what i heard from one of the players was, "Stupid noob thats not what you're supposed to do ***". Maybe they can put in some co-op quest in f2p and see how it gos though. :)

True... but then again, its fun to see these people argue about some thing completely pointless. I actualy had an argument with some one the other day because I was standing infront of a ladder and some guy wanted me to move because he wanted to go up? Like...does he not know this isnt like Habbo hotel?

I think this would be a great idea, my rl friend is non mem, and whenever we do stuff together its very lacking. (Mini Pk trip, Mossies)

Barrow Trips: 4

Barrow items: Arhim's skirt

Ok, ive had a long think about the runescape community and its lacking what you will definitly need to enjoy the game, friendship.

Nearly everybody insults each other, and theres only the few in the game which actualy help players.

So i was thinking, the quest which members had, shades of mor'ton, maybe there should be a new F2P quest which had the same properties as that since it needed a group to help, although a little group of people wouldnt help the struggling groups, many people did help.

And before you mention shield of arrav, think. Its a 2 person quest, you could set up an account and ask a buddy to do it if you were that lonely on runescape (believe me, many people are lol). Maybe a quest with an incredibly hard monster? Each group from 3-10 combat, 11-20 and etc had a leveled monster and must help each other.

Thats the only idea I have, but I know 100 percent, half of the people will reck it with the noob insult, which im getting tired of hearing in fights. How are you a noob if you lose?

I agree about group work stuff being added and thats a good idea. But rs doesn't lack friendship. I mean i play average of 4 hours a day on weekdays

so thats 20 hours in the working week. During that time on average I:

Make 1 new friend

See 10 proper noobs

See 20 Newbies (thts not the insulting type)

Help atleast 10 people

Get helped by at least 1 person

See 2 idiots who aren't team players

See 1 person who I send abuse report in about

So I see like 2 people isnulting people plus a 3rd one who either insults vbadly or just generally breaks rules

If thts everyone insulting everyone and no friendship then hit me round the head and call me betty

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Rs is too solo based right now, party system needs to be introduced along with new boss monsters that take quite a few people to kill. More monsters like the kbd and kq and lesser ones too to accomodate low lvls.

Rs is too solo based right now, party system needs to be introduced along with new boss monsters that take quite a few people to kill. More monsters like the kbd and kq and lesser ones too to accomodate low lvls.
somewhere in behind the scenes for this year, jagex said they would make a mini game in which you and your friends would be given a randomly generated adventure. this sounds kinda like what you and the others were sayin, and i cant wait for them to come out with it (even tho its over a year overdue)

R.I.P. Shiva

somewhere in behind the scenes for this year, jagex said they would make a mini game in which you and your friends would be given a randomly generated adventure. this sounds kinda like what you and the others were sayin, and i cant wait for them to come out with it (even tho its over a year overdue)

I would like to see that work without loads of bugs...and lots of lag. Randomly generated adventure? That means if it is what im thinking, alot of new graphics which will work with the others...

And Paw_Claw, i know that there alot of friends in Runescape. But we need to have every one being friends with some one, it puts more enjoyment into the game..alot of people hate it right now.

That gave me an idea...

how about you somtimes get a team clue scroll? So you might need 3-5 people to work with you and at the end you all get a reward. Mabey it could be somthing from a bunch of switches that need to be flipped in a certain way (ie i flip one switch and a wall comes up near another switch that a friend has to filp, a bit like four swords if you've ever played that), or killing somthing that requires being both meleed and ranged at the same time to damage it. Somthing like that.

Maturity, manners, grammar, and intelligence.

as for friendship, ironically bloodthirsty pkers, kq, and kbd killers are the only people who show any element of "teamwork" in the whole game.

FOUND IT:

Look at bold at the bottom

I underlined everything they have done, and italicized my notes.

Quoted Directly From http://www.runescape.com

31st March 2004 - Upcoming RuneScape updates

Update: I've changed this list very slightly to clarify some of the items on the plan. Also please bear in mind when this list was written it was just a rough plan to give you an idea of the sorts of things that we were thinking of. As it happens we inserted lots of other cool stuff into the schedule that isn't even on this list, which pushed some things back but certainly didn't deprive you of updates! However pretty much everything here is still planned. There is just so many possible things we can do (this list being just a small fraction), and it's hard to decide what to do first! In particular we decided to develop several key map areas that aren't even listed, before the ones here, and did considerably more detailed and complex quests than originally planned.

Development plan as of 31-Mar-04

Now that we have finished our big game engine update we can finally get back to producing regular updates to the game.

I'm sure you're all wondering whats coming next now the update is finally out, so read on for a summary of some of the things we have planned.

The new game engine allows for us to do a much greater variety of updates. We will be able to produce many exciting new features which we simply couldn't do previously. We have also expanded our development team over the last few months so expect the updates to start coming thick and fast.

These are just some of the many of the currently planned features.

New areas:

A viking style area, including a new quest and town.

A large 'frozen lands' area including penguins, mammoths, polar bears and more.

A pyramid quest in the desert full of traps, treasure and mummys.

A barrows of the undead area to explore and find new equipment. Some good training areas designed for rangers. They said they'de do that this month in this months behind the scenes

New quests:

There will of course be lots of new quests. We will be adding these on a regular basis again, including Part 4 of the ongoing plague city storyline. New items:

Enchantable rings. More rare weapons and armour - including weapons with impressive special moves. Maybe more planned???

Armoured boots.

More clothing to help give your characters a unique look.

Special prayer book items which can be wielded in the shield spot for prayer bonuses.

New features & skills

Treasure hunt mini-game with a variety of rewards, including some new rare items. I think clue scrolls...

Summoning spells - summon skeletons, demons, etc...!

A quest journal for you to read and recap what point you are up to in each quest. No more coming back to a quest after a break, and wondering what you are supposed to do next.

More random events, to give more variety, and lots of chances to win unexpected rewards.

More pets and followers with different properties and abilities.

Special organised game events on holidays.

Many new monsters such as Orcs, Lizardmen and more.

In game versions of our boardgames such as chess and draughts. In the manual section for the games room, it hints at more games like chess and slime wars

And are also planning on adding even bigger features, that really take advantage of our new engines abilities, such as:

Player owned houses - Each player will be able to have their own unique house. Use the new carpentry skill to make new/rare things for your house. Using the farming skill to grow herbs and plants in the grounds of your house. Build your own private party areas and shop areas, and more!

Clan support, to allow you to optionally form your own clans with your friends.

Mutiplayer castle arena for massive team based wars!

Randomly generated scenarios, where a new adventure is generated for you and your friends each time you go on it. Form an adventuring party and go on your own personal quest.

So there's lots to look forward to! We think the next year will be very exciting.

Barrow Trips: 4

Barrow items: Arhim's skirt

Nearly everybody insults each other, and theres only the few ... which actualy help players.

For a second, I thought you were describing Tip.it there...

What do you think Tip.it is besides the Runescape community (for the most part)? :P

A party system is needed. It would be nice to see something that would encourage people to work with one another more, like the party system.

Castle Wars touched on team work, but no one really listens to anyone when there. People literally costing their team a win by destroying the barricades really isn't what I call teamwork.

The way RS is set up right now, I just don't see anything solving the problem. People still wont care to work with others, and I don't think anyone would really want to because they know what training on RS is like.

Just easier going to some other game, like I probably will preminently after this themed month is over. I've come to the conclusion that if there is a theme next month not based on POHs, I'm gone.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

as for friendship, ironically bloodthirsty pkers, kq, and kbd killers are the only people who show any element of "teamwork" in the whole game.

Not even a mention of clans.....

~130 Combat~

That gave me an idea...

how about you somtimes get a team clue scroll? So you might need 3-5 people to work with you and at the end you all get a reward. Mabey it could be somthing from a bunch of switches that need to be flipped in a certain way (ie i flip one switch and a wall comes up near another switch that a friend has to filp, a bit like four swords if you've ever played that), or killing somthing that requires being both meleed and ranged at the same time to damage it. Somthing like that.

This sounds like a really good idea! One of the best I've read about in a long time

how about quest where u get insulted ripped off made generally feel bad about ur self to see how it feels to be a noob and not to judge peeps and make it compusliary to do if u want to get to higher lvls

will never happen

Amen.

Its a massivly Multiplayer adventure game.. read the website

Also known as a MMORPG. It's sad that in an RPG game, that if you try to role play, you get called a noob/nerd/NO LIFFRER!!!111(what ever the hell that means).