Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Taunt is more or less the best move in gyara's movepool, imo. It nerfs most of gyara's counters (ie: will-o-wispers/stall-wallers), and generally decimates most of the ou tier in general. Oh, and I actually have an interesting question: what tier is co[bleep]rigus in? I was assuming ou since it is 'dusknoir 2.0', but I've heard rumors now that it is uu...

div>

Taunt is more or less the best move in gyara's movepool, imo. It nerfs most of gyara's counters (ie: will-o-wispers/stall-wallers), and generally decimates most of the ou tier in general. Oh, and I actually have an interesting question: what tier is co[bleep]rigus in? I was assuming ou since it is 'dusknoir 2.0', but I've heard rumors now that it is uu...

It seems to fluctuate between both tiers from time to time. He's not bad, but he really can't threaten anything back easily.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Well, that kinda explains it. Mind you, he's still pretty threatening. The combination of willo/toxic, stab hex, and good defences/pretty good spa cries splashback wall, but for some reason, he remains bl.

Oh, and I actually had an idea if anyone was interested. Anyone heard of pkmn clan wars?

div>

All over pkmn help sites (namely serebii/smogon), they have teams of people joining together in 'clans'. These clans then face other clans striving to become the best overall group. Imagine if we made our own clan representing tip.it, and faced those other 'pkmn help site' ones....

div>

I cant catch Victini. He's level 15, i've reduced his atk and def as low as they'll go, he has 1 hp, and is paralyzed. With all that he breaks out of great balls instantly, not even 1 shake. I'm not far enough in to buy ultra balls. He killed my entire team while I was trying to catch him just now except my HM slave patrat. Who upon killing the 1 hp Victini after I ran out of balls gained 4 levels at once.

I cant catch Victini. He's level 15, i've reduced his atk and def as low as they'll go, he has 1 hp, and is paralyzed. With all that he breaks out of great balls instantly, not even 1 shake. I'm not far enough in to buy ultra balls. He killed my entire team while I was trying to catch him just now except my HM slave patrat. Who upon killing the 1 hp Victini after I ran out of balls gained 4 levels at once.

I believe there's a formula you can use to calculate your chances given the circumstances. Try that and see if you're just getting unlucky.

Victini's catch rate is 3, which I'm pretty sure is the lowest rate that they use, containing most legendaries and Beldum's family. I think the capture chance ends up being 1/40 with dusk balls, or something around those lines.

Dusk balls? It's a well lit room, at least it appeared to be.

Only if it's dark (inside a cave or night) is the Dusk ball better than the ultra ball. Normally it's the same rate as a regular pokeball.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate#Pok.C3.A9_Ball_effectiveness_rates

So after calculating the catch rate out using the formula from bulbapedia, using a great ball with the same situation I had it at is a .06% chance to capture Victini. Yeah...

Anyone else find this generation to be interesting? It seems that every uu/nu pkmn from the previous gens have gotten better without actually leaving their tiers. Altaria is now a godly physical tank but is still uu, shuckle gained the ability to have non-cruddy atk but is still nu, and although manaphy was oddly uber last gen, it now makes a perfect uu sweeper.

div>

Yeah, this generation a lot more teamwork and synergy is required, therefore a lot of NU and UU are used a lot more. It's really interesting to analyse other people's teams too.

And sorry to burst your bubble, but Manaphy was voted uber in round two. With permanent rain now in OU, he was just too overpowered with his bulky CM set. and he could also go for a bulkish cannon form with the new Tail Glow mechanics. Manaphy didn't belong in OU with temporary rain let alone with Drizzle on toad.

Weird...I honestly thought that due to the popularity of ferrothorn/increase in grass useage, that manaffy fell from grace...

Tail Glow meant it could 2HKO Ferrothorn easily, or OHKO with Hidden Power Fire in rain. Ferrothorn could only manage a 2HKO or worse with Power Whip in the meanwhile.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Like four side king said, OU, UU and NU are tiers in the competitive scene. GenV tiers are not yet set on stone. NU are the worst of the worst, UU is those who aren't exactly bad, but are held back by more power full mons, and OU is the metagame, where all the strong pokemons battle. Ubers is the last tier, and is for those pokemons who are so much more powerfull than OU mons.

CM is calm mind, SD is swords dance, RP is rock polish and SR is stealth rock. Those are the main abreviations.

Moving one, i've had trouble dealing with stall on my new team, any suggestions? (check the RMT i linked for in deph of the team).

I actually perfected an anti-stall team once. Mind you, with today's metagame, it is tough to combat stallers. Best options are stat-inflicters who can go offensive (ie: chandellure, volcarona, and ferro). Mismagius could also fall into that category, if you don't mind the vulnerability to bisharp.

div>

I actually perfected an anti-stall team once. Mind you, with today's metagame, it is tough to combat stallers. Best options are stat-inflicters who can go offensive (ie: chandellure, volcarona, and ferro). Mismagius could also fall into that category, if you don't mind the vulnerability to bisharp.

div>

What do you all think of a trick room team centered on V-Generate Victini? With all the possible speed hindrances, Victini reaches 70-ish speed, which gets lowered on every V-Generate used.

Of course, you would put in a few other pokemon that can abuse trick room as well, but Victini could be your major powerhouse.

What do you all think of a trick room team centered on V-Generate Victini? With all the possible speed hindrances, Victini reaches 70-ish speed, which gets lowered on every V-Generate used.

Of course, you would put in a few other pokemon that can abuse trick room as well, but Victini could be your major powerhouse.

We'll talk about it once it becomes legal to use, as V-generate technically doesn't exist yet.

Okay, how the hell do you kill Gliscor effectively? Especially the jerkass Poison Heal variants? I usually rely on Gyarados to kill it, but that works only every now and then.