Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

What do you all think of a trick room team centered on V-Generate Victini? With all the possible speed hindrances, Victini reaches 70-ish speed, which gets lowered on every V-Generate used.

Of course, you would put in a few other pokemon that can abuse trick room as well, but Victini could be your major powerhouse.

We'll talk about it once it becomes legal to use, as V-generate technically doesn't exist yet.

Okay, how the hell do you kill Gliscor effectively? Especially the jerkass Poison Heal variants? I usually rely on Gyarados to kill it, but that works only every now and then.

It's special defense isn't too great, so that's what I usually throw at it. Taunt variants of Gyarados should actually work though.

You can predict around Protect to get free setups. Sometimes I can try to have Volcoroa get some Quiver Dances in.

Latios and any water type is more or less and instant way to get Gliscor to switch.

To be honest if you just throw Hidden Power Ice on any special-based pokemon that isn't weak to ground, you'd solve the problem with Gliscor.

Another big counter of gliscor: bulky waters and levitators. Bulky waters tend to survive most of gliscor's movesets, and can 1-2hko back with stab surf/ice beam, wheras levitators such as rotom resist his main stab (eq) and can hit back with neutral attacks. Will-o-wisp also nukes gliscor...badly. Oh, and in an unrelated question: I'm trying to find a decent pkmn for the multi-sub. Currently have a perfect-iv haxorus as my first pkmn.

div>

Another big counter of gliscor: bulky waters and levitators. Bulky waters tend to survive most of gliscor's movesets, and can 1-2hko back with stab surf/ice beam, wheras levitators such as rotom resist his main stab (eq) and can hit back with neutral attacks. Will-o-wisp also nukes gliscor...badly. Oh, and in an unrelated question: I'm trying to find a decent pkmn for the multi-sub. Currently have a perfect-iv haxorus as my first pkmn.

Can't Will-O-Wisp Poison Heal variants of Gliscor, unless you either predict it switching in for the first time or your opponent brings it in on revenge and you can fire off a Will-O-Wisp (given your opponent is dumb enough not to use protect).

Oh, well, I've always used frossy as my lead. Thing became nearly unstoppable in the middle of the 4th gen, due to the way I used it. People would see it and immediately try to taunt me, not realizing that my lead was actually an anti-lead:

Ice beam, shadow ball, ice shard, spikes. Nature/ev's shall remain hidden from public talk.

div>

Oh, well, I've always used frossy as my lead. Thing became nearly unstoppable in the middle of the 4th gen, due to the way I used it. People would see it and immediately try to taunt me, not realizing that my lead was actually an anti-lead:

Ice beam, shadow ball, ice shard, spikes. Nature/ev's shall remain hidden from public talk.

I would assume a Timid nature with 252 in Speed, 252 on Sp.A, and 4 in a stats like HP, Def, or Sp..

I ran the same thing except with Destiny Bond instead of Ice Shard.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

actually, for the lead I ran 252speed/124atk/132spatk with a naïve nature. Allowed for pretty good revenge killing, and with the right luck, could kill the ever-annoying smeargle-lead.

What item were you running, a Focus Sash or a Lum Berry? If you weren't running Lum, you'd still lose to Smeargle, who has no issues getting off a Spore/entry hazards.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I'm talking about gen 4. Also, I did indeed run a lum, but not for what you think. Lum was there to counter lead-electivires, which became scarily more common during the middle of gen 4 (primarily due to their ability to para, boost, and sweep vs lead gyaras).

div>

You know, is there any point to getting a good team on this game if you don't play online and don't have any friends who play?

I actually have an interesting/debatable question that me/my real-life friends have been discussing: which game has the overall better pkmn? It is pretty weird, especially due to the specific pkmn we get in black and white (white seems to be focused on offense with braviary/reuniclus, black focused on defense with mandibuzz/gothitelle). I've played/beaten both games, and the overall answer for me is still tough, seeing as in black I relied heavily on cm-gothitelle wheras in white I relied heavily on cm/tc reuniclus.

div>

Black definitely seems like the more defensive/stall-based one. It also gets Erufuun or whatever its english name is.

You know, is there any point to getting a good team on this game if you don't play online and don't have any friends who play?

Pokemon Lab

Pokemon Lab

No, Pokemon Online. No one in 5th gen uses it as far as I know, instead opting for PO.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Well, I restarted my black version to try out something new, and my new 'defensive-offensive' team is working well. At victory road now, used my lv45crustle to demolish the dragon gym leader (3 shell breaks+rock slide=quickest sweep ever). Best part is that with sturdy, I'm almost guaranteed a clean set-up barring the rare hail. Oh, and with this generation getting its fair share of boost-abusers, anyone else see the return of haze/taunt into OU? Before, haze was nearly inexistant in ou (barring the odd crobat), but now with quiver dance/shell break enabling massive sweeps, lacking haze seems like an idiot's mistake (especially if you're running mono-weather teams, which can easily be swept by shell break crustle).

div>

I bought a new DS for like $60 online.

But it's shopping from India fml.

Be getting this game in like....3 months...

I'll also be waiting out to buy a Gen V game, i was going to buy black when buying a 3DS, but due to recent findings of the system's memory I'll wait it out for either a) a killer game made for it, either Star Fox remake, RE or Kid Ikarus or B ) wait til a new iteration comes out witha bigger batery life.

Competitivly, I've swapped my specslos for a CB Scizor and my Physical nape is not Mixnape with Overheat, HPice, u-turn and close combat, really great.

I'll also add that Scizor is one of the best counters for Rankuruso. A friend of mine did a match with me, and in a certain time he sent is ranku (100% health) into my mixnape, while i u-turned (around 25% damage) to scizor. Scizor then proceeded to KO Ranku with U-Turn. It was a 252/252 +def variant he said.

Edited by Demoli

I'll also add that Scizor is one of the best counters for Rankuruso. A friend of mine did a match with me, and in a certain time he sent is ranku (100% health) into my mixnape, while i u-turned (around 25% damage) to scizor. Scizor then proceeded to KO Ranku with U-Turn. It was a 252/252 +def variant he said.

Look no further than Escavalier if you want a Reuniclus counter. CB Megahorn from it OHKOs him no matter what unless a Reflect is up or something. It's admittedly not doing much outside that due to it's movepool, but there you go. Interestingly enough, Tyranitar really isn't a great counter as it has to take it's chances swapping into Focus Blast or HP Fighting, which nearly every Reuniclus variant runs.

But then again, as you said, excavalier isn't doing much besides knock off or SD up hoping to muscle through his various resists.

At least scizor is somewhat helpfull outside of Reuniclues, that BP hurts as much as it did last gen. What really [bleep]ed Scizor up was, surprisingly, Natto.. I'm sorry, Ferrothorn *shrudders*. How you ask? Since Ferrothorn is such a good wall, everything must run a fire move, and that means more hidden power fires on Latios and the like. That means Scizor is pretty much OHKO'd by most of the metagame now.