Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Hmm I looking for someone who can decently replace Scizor. He's not been doing too much on my team.

Basically, I'd like something that can tank well and scout with U-Turn (already have a Volt Changer and I feel two would make my team too weak against Ground). Steel typing is preferable but not necessary for synergy. I'd also like it if it had priority so it could revenge and clean up afterward, but Scizor rarely does that on my team as it is, so I don't suppose that's of high priority (no pun intended). Also, it should be a physically-based pokemon or could at least use an effective physical set.

Was looking into Genesect, but its physical movepool isn't so great. I suppose I could go mixed, but I plan on giving it a Choice Band so...

Scarf Jirachi has U-Turn, steel typing, fast speed (although no priority), and can use a physical set. It is weak to ground however, but 2 ground weaknesses isn't crippling if you have a lot of immunities/resists (my current team has one Poke weak to ground, 3 immune, and one resistant just by pure chance).

Gliscor is about the closest thing to a physical wall that meets a good number of your specifications, but it has no priority.

Flygon meets some of your needs, but I find Flygon really underwhelming this gen.

I was using a Life Orb Kojondo for a while, and it's fairly bulky (can take a neutral hit and fire back, but that's about it) with Regeneration, and it can use priority, although it might not help with synergy.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

Some of the nominations are so bad though. Some idiots are wanting Sand Stream banned if other weathers go. What the [bleep]. Tyranitar was never broken in any generation, why is he broken now? Even Hippowdon isn't broken. Goddamn some nominations are stupid. If Sand Stream is banned, they're effectively removing Tyranitar and Hippowdon from the game, and that's not a move you want to make.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Some of the nominations are so bad though. Some idiots are wanting Sand Stream banned if other weathers go. What the [bleep]. Tyranitar was never broken in any generation, why is he broken now? Even Hippowdon isn't broken. Goddamn some nominations are stupid. If Sand Stream is banned, they're effectively removing Tyranitar and Hippowdon from the game, and that's not a move you want to make.

I'm assuming it's the same logic as Drizzle vs Swift Swim. This person would rather ban Sand Stream than Sand Throw. But yes, the nominations for the most part are stupid, besides the Drizzle or Swift Swim suggestion (one or the other, IMO should be Swift Swim), Manaphy, and possibly stuff like Latios/Latias (which is debatable).

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

It doesn't have to be a physical wall, it just needs to be able to tank as well as Scizor can with 252hp investments.

Generally I want to stay away from those faster pok 252 EVs into HP, unless it's already naturally bulky enough that it doesn't need them.

Barujiina is a little too weak offensively, imo. It doesn't need to be a fantastic tank like Barujiina is (I've used it before and I was surprised that it could survive most of the non-STAB Thunderbolts out there); offense is a little more important.

I guess what I'm really looking for is something that's good physically at offense and decent at defense.

Just hit 1.2k rating on Smogon ^^

Now watch me lose it almost instantly...

I know i lost my 1.2k rank in a 2 match time window :S

And i think i really found my team, it's working really great for now. Too bad when Latios is banned i'll have to replace it with Hydreigon, damn i liked that 110 speed :(

Also, some guys are suggesting using Reuniclues pre-evo with pre-evo stone rather then reniclus itself, since they have the same SpA and reuni has a lot more HP.

Finishing off, is it just me or people are now nominating not overpowered pokemons but... good OU pokes? I mean, landlos and reuniclus and friggin beasts, but in no way are they overcentralising, hell, lots of stuff survive unboosted EQs from Landlos/ +1 Psychics from reuni :unsure:

Holy...I just learned that Wish heals 1/2 the user's HP, even if the Pokemon receiving the healing isn't the some of used the move.

This means Blissey can heal teammates for 300+ HP each.

Now I gotta work that thing onto my team somehow...

Gliscor @toxic orb

252 hp 252 def

sword dance

protect

eq

facade

so pro you'd be surprised at how many people let you get +6

It's an inferior Randorusu. And a slower one at that.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Any kind of Ice Beam would tear apart that Gliscor, 95 speed is good, but it can't vercome those lots of 100 base speed. Randoruso and Garchomp are better choices, plus they are able to take down skarmory, which walls that gliscor badly.

I'll start playing again next weekend, after the voting ends, god i hope Rando doesn't get banned, i realy do. I'm kinda on the fene with dory: He's a powerhouse indeed, but I've never had that much problems with it, but then again i run a sandstorm team and at the very least, 2 of my team members can take him (Hippo and Rando).

Any kind of Ice Beam would tear apart that Gliscor, 95 speed is good, but it can't vercome those lots of 100 base speed. Randoruso and Garchomp are better choices, plus they are able to take down skarmory, which walls that gliscor badly.

I'll start playing again next weekend, after the voting ends, god i hope Rando doesn't get banned, i realy do. I'm kinda on the fene with dory: He's a powerhouse indeed, but I've never had that much problems with it, but then again i run a sandstorm team and at the very least, 2 of my team members can take him (Hippo and Rando).

Randorusu isn't on the nomination list because of an error with PO. Apparently as it turns out, PO had an incorrect damage value of 1.5x applied with Sand Power, when it's actually 1.3x. For that reason, we haven't seen exactly what his true power is, so he's off the ballot this vote.

Gliscor is nothing like randorosu.

It takes advantage of its physical bulk + poison heal to set up while randorosu takes advantage of its speed.

I use ttar to trap special attackers such as the latis

Gliscor is nothing like randorosu.

It takes advantage of its physical bulk + poison heal to set up while randorosu takes advantage of its speed.

I use ttar to trap special attackers such as the latis

And you're still using him as an inferior Randorosu. If you're using Gliscor, take advantage of the tools he has to sweep, like Taunt.

A lot of stuff kills you if you don't run Taunt. Protect is a wasted moveslot in that case. And Skarmory still walls you to death. With Taunt you might actually beat him. And that's being nice about it.

With weather so common this meta, how well do you think an "anti-weather" team would work?

Basically a team with no weather set-ups, but has pokemon that can abuse any weather and pokemon that can check other weather teams?

Skeleton:

-Lead Nattorei. Only 1/4 of the weather inducers (Abombasnow excluded) can actually threaten Nattorei, so therefore it seems like the best choice in lead. Stealth Rock and then cripple something with Thunder Wave? I would only do this with Wish support somewhere though, as Nattorei may need to take a hit at multiple times through the match.

-Kingdra. Basically, the Dragon Dance set is the only option, otherwise opposing rain teams with Kingdra can speed tie.

-Doryuuzu. Standard swords dance set, but I'm not too sure how well this would work considering that in many cases you'll have a Dory without sand. That and the Landlos/Gliscor on every sandstorm team can easily check Dory.

-Ulgamoth. Sun-abuse, Butterfly Dance set with HP Electric for rain teams? Or HP Ice for dragons? HP Electric would already hit every dragon for neutral though (at least coupled with Bug Buzz), but stuff like Bulky Dragonite wouldn't have issue with it anyway.

-Zapdos. Given how popular rain is, I think it's common sense to have 2 pokemon that can abuse rain. That and the fact that giving Zapdos a little special bulk allows it to deal with rain teams without needing Kingdra too much. Not sure on this one though. Maybe replace with something that can negate weather (Golduck/Lickilicky), or something like Hitmontop (see below).

-Hitmontop. A total beast. Can rapid spin hazards away so Ulgamoth can see the light of day and can easily revenge a huge amount of common threats, including nearly every weather abuser, Latios, Latias, etc.

I did at one point use a Kingdra/Heatran core to work well against sun and rain teams, although I've changed gears lately.

With the suspect votes in, Manaphy is now in Ubers due to getting two simple majorities through both suspect tests(>50% and <67% votes for Uber), Deoxys-N wasn't dropped to OU, and everyone else didn't get enough votes for Ubers, including Reuniclus.

With weather so common this meta, how well do you think an "anti-weather" team would work?

Basically a team with no weather set-ups, but has pokemon that can abuse any weather and pokemon that can check other weather teams?

Skeleton:

-Lead Nattorei. Only 1/4 of the weather inducers (Abombasnow excluded) can actually threaten Nattorei, so therefore it seems like the best choice in lead. Stealth Rock and then cripple something with Thunder Wave? I would only do this with Wish support somewhere though, as Nattorei may need to take a hit at multiple times through the match.

-Kingdra. Basically, the Dragon Dance set is the only option, otherwise opposing rain teams with Kingdra can speed tie.

-Doryuuzu. Standard swords dance set, but I'm not too sure how well this would work considering that in many cases you'll have a Dory without sand. That and the Landlos/Gliscor on every sandstorm team can easily check Dory.

-Ulgamoth. Sun-abuse, Butterfly Dance set with HP Electric for rain teams? Or HP Ice for dragons? HP Electric would already hit every dragon for neutral though (at least coupled with Bug Buzz), but stuff like Bulky Dragonite wouldn't have issue with it anyway.

-Zapdos. Given how popular rain is, I think it's common sense to have 2 pokemon that can abuse rain. That and the fact that giving Zapdos a little special bulk allows it to deal with rain teams without needing Kingdra too much. Not sure on this one though. Maybe replace with something that can negate weather (Golduck/Lickilicky), or something like Hitmontop (see below).

-Hitmontop. A total beast. Can rapid spin hazards away so Ulgamoth can see the light of day and can easily revenge a huge amount of common threats, including nearly every weather abuser, Latios, Latias, etc.

Now that swift swim+ drizzle are banned, rain teams aren't that hard to deal with.

Sun hasn't always been a top tier threat.

Hail is just pretty much stall, and the entire team is really weak to stall from what I've seen.

Same with sandstorm.

I've done some tinkering with my team: Latios traded roost for HP fire and Tbolt for Surf, since Skarmories have been rarer and rarer these days.

And possibly my best trade: Garchomp for a Nidoking@lifeorb Encourage, modest 252 SpA, 56 Spe, 100 on Def and rest on Hp, Toxic Spikes, Ice Beam, Fire Blast and Earth Power.

Nidoking is a freaking beast! Even with little Spe investment it ouspeeds the walls it wants to break, sets up spikes and generally rocks because it's a nidoking.

Also, i think i now consider myself a great nattorei player :P

[hide] Battle between Demoli and Aoko started!

Tier: Standard OU

Variation: +6, -25

Rule: Rated

Rule: Sleep Clause

Rule: Freeze Clause

Rule: Species Clause

Rule: Wifi Battle

Aoko sent out Dragonite!

Demoli sent out Primadonna! (Jirachi)

Start of turn 1

Primadonna used Trick!

Primadonna switched items with the foe's Dragonite!

Primadonna obtained one Choice Band!

The foe's Dragonite obtained one Choice Scarf!

The foe's Dragonite used Fire Punch!

It's super effective!

Primadonna lost 178 HP! (45% of its health)

Start of turn 2

The foe's Dragonite used Fire Punch!

It's super effective!

Primadonna lost 192 HP! (49% of its health)

Primadonna used Thunder Wave!

The foe's Dragonite is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Start of turn 3

Demoli called Primadonna back!

Demoli sent out Eadgar! (Hippowdon)

Eadgar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

The foe's Dragonite is paralyzed! It can't move!

The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Dragonite is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 4

Aoko called Dragonite back!

Aoko sent out Nattorei!

Eadgar used Stealth Rock!

Pointed stones float in the air around Aoko's team!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 5

Demoli called Eadgar back!

Demoli sent out Primadonna! (Jirachi)

The foe's Nattorei used Leech Seed!

Primadonna was seeded!

The sandstorm rages!

Primadonna's health is sapped by leech seed.

Primadonna fainted!

Demoli sent out Ritchard! (Nidoking)

Start of turn 6

Aoko called Nattorei back!

Aoko sent out Chansey!

Pointed stones dug into the foe's Chansey!

Ritchard used Toxic Spikes!

Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of Aoko's team!

The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Chansey is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 7

Ritchard used Toxic Spikes!

Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of Aoko's team!

The foe's Chansey used Wish!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 8

Ritchard used Fire Blast!

The foe's Chansey lost 17% of its health!

The foe's Chansey used Seismic Toss!

Ritchard lost 100 HP! (33% of its health)

Chansey's wish came true!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 9

Demoli called Ritchard back!

Demoli sent out Beyblade! (Nattorei)

The foe's Chansey used Seismic Toss!

Beyblade lost 100 HP! (31% of its health)

Beyblade's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's Chansey

The sandstorm rages!

Beyblade restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 10

Aoko called Chansey back!

Aoko sent out Latios!

Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latios!

Beyblade used Leech Seed!

The foe's Latios was seeded!

The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Latios is buffeted by the sandstorm!

The foe's Latios's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 11

Demoli called Beyblade back!

Demoli sent out Helium! (Latios)

The foe's Latios used Hidden Power!

It's not very effective...

Helium lost 53 HP! (17% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Helium is buffeted by the sandstorm!

The foe's Latios's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 12

Aoko called Latios back!

Aoko sent out Chansey!

The foe's Chansey was poisoned!

Helium used Psycho Shock!

The foe's Chansey lost 41% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Chansey is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 13

Aoko called Chansey back!

Aoko sent out Nattorei!

Pointed stones dug into the foe's Nattorei!

Helium used Psycho Shock!

The foe's Nattorei lost 17% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Nattorei restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 14

Demoli called Helium back!

The foe's Nattorei used Leech Seed!

It doesn't affect Beyblade...

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 15

Beyblade used Thunder Wave!

The foe's Nattorei is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Nattorei used Stealth Rock!

Pointed stones float in the air around Demoli's team!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 16

Aoko called Nattorei back!

Aoko sent out Zuruzukin!

Pointed stones dug into the foe's Zuruzukin!

The foe's Zuruzukin was poisoned!

Beyblade used Spikes!

Spikes were scattered all around the feet of Aoko's team!

The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Zuruzukin is buffeted by the sandstorm!

The foe's Zuruzukin restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

The foe's Zuruzukin is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 17

The foe's Zuruzukin used Drain Punch!

It's super effective!

Beyblade lost 104 HP! (33% of its health)

Beyblade had its energy drained!

Beyblade's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's Zuruzukin

The foe's Zuruzukin was seeded!

The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Zuruzukin's Shed Skin heals its status!

The foe's Zuruzukin's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 18

Aoko called Zuruzukin back!

Aoko sent out Latios!

Beyblade used Spikes!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 19

The foe's Latios used Draco Meteor!

Beyblade lost 141 HP! (44% of its health)

The foe's Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Beyblade used Thunder Wave!

The foe's Latios is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 20

Aoko called Latios back!

Aoko sent out Zuruzukin!

The foe's Zuruzukin is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Zuruzukin was poisoned!

The foe's Zuruzukin was seeded!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 21

The foe's Zuruzukin used Drain Punch!

It's super effective!

Beyblade lost 96 HP! (30% of its health)

Beyblade had its energy drained!

Beyblade's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's Zuruzukin

Beyblade used Spikes!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 22

Aoko called Zuruzukin back!

Aoko sent out Latios!

Demoli called Beyblade back!

Demoli sent out Ritchard! (Nidoking)

Pointed stones dug into Ritchard!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 23

Ritchard used Ice Beam!

It's super effective!

The foe's Latios lost 8% of its health!

The foe's Latios fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Aoko sent out Mew!

Pointed stones dug into the foe's Mew!

The foe's Mew is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Mew was poisoned!

Start of turn 24

The foe's Mew used Psycho Shock!

It's super effective!

Ritchard lost 185 HP! (61% of its health)

Ritchard fainted!

The foe's Mew is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Mew is buffeted by the sandstorm!

The foe's Mew is hurt by poison!

Demoli sent out John Cleese! (Randorosu)

Pointed stones dug into John Cleese!

Start of turn 25

John Cleese used U-turn!

It's super effective!

The foe's Mew lost 40% of its health!

The foe's Mew fainted!

Demoli called John Cleese back!

Demoli sent out Helium! (Latios)

Pointed stones dug into Helium!

The sandstorm rages!

Aoko sent out Zuruzukin!

The foe's Zuruzukin is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Zuruzukin fainted!

Aoko sent out Nattorei!

Pointed stones dug into the foe's Nattorei!

The foe's Nattorei is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 26

Helium used Hidden Power!

It's super effective!

The foe's Nattorei lost 64% of its health!

The foe's Nattorei fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Aoko sent out Dragonite!

Pointed stones dug into the foe's Dragonite!

Start of turn 27

Demoli called Helium back!

Pointed stones dug into Beyblade!

The foe's Dragonite used Outrage!

Beyblade lost 74 HP! (23% of its health)

Beyblade's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's Dragonite

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 28

The foe's Dragonite used Outrage!

Beyblade lost 67 HP! (21% of its health)

Beyblade's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's Dragonite

The foe's Dragonite was seeded!

The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Dragonite's health is sapped by leech seed.

The foe's Dragonite calmed down!

The foe's Dragonite became confused!

Start of turn 29

The foe's Dragonite is confused!

The foe's Dragonite is paralyzed! It can't move!

Beyblade used Power Whip!

The attack of Beyblade missed!

The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Dragonite's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 30

The foe's Dragonite is confused!

It hurt itself in its confusion!

The foe's Dragonite lost 0% of its health!

The foe's Dragonite fainted!

Beyblade used Power Whip!

But there was no target...

The sandstorm rages!

Demoli: gg

Aoko sent out Chansey!

The foe's Chansey fainted!

Demoli won the battle!

Demoli: ...

Aoko: GG

[/hide]

Lol...my favourite set used to be the 'sash-azelf' one. I had a beastly spec-atk lead azelf, whose sole purpose was to tear enemy walls to shreds. 252sp.atk/252spe/4atk,modest, explosion/tbolt/psychic/flamethrower. Thing was a wall-wrecker...

div>

(19:31:18) +RankingBot: Your rank in Standard OU is 153/20847!

1285 ranking

Yeah, i've finally gave in and i'm now using a Dory in my team. Adamant, 252 Spe and Att, Equake, rapid spin, Frustration and Swords dance.

It's kinda cheap yes, but i'm tired ofother dorys coming in and having a field day with me. Plus, the thing that really sold it to me was rapid spin, i really needed one on my team and i wasn't feeling like trading rachi for a claydol. Yeah, i liked Nidoking, but i guess paralisis is better for me than poison :mellow:

Dory is immune to both isn't he?

Or do you mean that Nidoking absorbs the toxic spikes?

Why Frustration, btw?

Why Frustration, btw?

I think he doesn't realize that you can change happiness. Frustration and Return are interchangeable in any case, just change the happiness value.

As for me, I've found a niche with Shubarugo on my team. Bulky as hell and high attack, but slow. And a Reuniclus counter. And hits harder than Scizor albeit no priority.

Why Frustration, btw?

I think he doesn't realize that you can change happiness. Frustration and Return are interchangeable in any case, just change the happiness value.

As for me, I've found a niche with Shubarugo on my team. Bulky as hell and high attack, but slow. And a Reuniclus counter. And hits harder than Scizor albeit no priority.

I meant, why use Frustration/Return on the set?

I've been dying to use shubarugo, but i just can't place it in my team. Hippo is a great physical wall who can screw dragons over with ice fang and also counter Dory, jirachi spreads T-Wave, tricks scarfs into walls and greedy set-uppers, passes wealthy wishes and flinches til he dies, Landlos is an increadible scouter and revenge killer and late game cleaner, Nattorei is single handedly my best player, spreads t-wave into fire guys who otherwise threaten my team, spikes, leech seed and power whip for rain abusers and stallers, Dory sets up and sweeps, plus rapid spins hazards and Latios is the blue bomber of doom (i'm so changing my latios' name to megaman now), i seem to have reached a erasonable balance between offence powerhouses and defensive pivots, i guess Shubarugo may have to sit my team out :mellow:

Also, on Frustration on my Dory: At first, i used return, but when i needed it, i found out PO doesn't have the happiness level at a default of 200, causing it to inflict a massive 1% damage on a dragonite. Thankfully i had the fighting resist berry, resisted the Superpower, and changed to my nattorei so he could die of iron barbs. Anyways, i ended up so mad I changed return to frustration, to mimic what i felt :lol:

In comparison to other moves: Brick Break is too situational, X-Scissor only hits psychics hard, but not hard enough to outweight EQ's, Rock Slide hits Levitators and Flying types, but the only notable flying types I've been seeing are Dragons and Gliscor/Skarmory, Skarmory walls Dory to oblivion anyways and Gliscor takes it extra hard from Return/Frustration, Dragons are usually frail anyway, and when they switch in i'm usually at +2 so it doesn't matter.

So yeah, it's a well rounded move, and it usually works, so hey why not? (It also has a chance to KO'ing Landlos after Rocks, which is a huge plus).