Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Hey guys good to see you're catching on to the pokemon online craze! :)

My current team is

Dirty Trick (Zoroaaku) (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Illusion

EVs: 252 Def / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Nasty Plot

- Flamethrower

- Focus Blast

- Dark Pulse

Fire Kwak (Blaziken) (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Speed Boost

EVs: 12 HP / 172 Def / 192 SDef / 132 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Swords Dance

- Baton Pass

- Protect

- Substitute

The KBD (Sazandora) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 32 HP / 232 Def / 244 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Draco Meteor

- Flamethrower

- Dark Pulse

- Dragon Rush

Giggles (Kerudio) @ Leftovers

Trait: Justice Heart

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Calm Mind

- Mystery Sword

- Hidden Power [Electric]

- Hydro Pump

Fashion (Meloetta) @ Fight Jewel

Trait: Serene Grace

EVs: 128 Def / 252 SAtk / 128 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Focus Blast

- Shadow Ball

- Ancient Song

- Psychic

Telephone (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Inconsistent

EVs: 196 HP / 156 Def / 156 SDef

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Spore

- Tail Glow

- Protect

- Baton Pass

The name is Fashion Fight Pause! and I play on the main pokemon online server. I'd love to battle some tip.iters, leave me a message :thumbsup:

Also rate+hate my homemade baton pass team :3

Gady-Laga.png

My current team has actually gotten me to the top of the ladder on the smogon server.

Tyranitar (F) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Sand Stream

EVs: 232 HP / 252 SAtk / 24 Spd

Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)

- Stealth Rock (NOTE: I might swap this for Superpower if Darkrai becomes a major issue)

- Ice Beam

- Fire Blast

- Crunch

Rankurusu (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Magic Guard

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Calm Mind

- Recover

- Psychic

- Focus Blast

Burungeru (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Water Absorb

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Hidden Power [Electric]

- Boil Over

- Recover

- Shadow Ball

Roobushin (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Guts

EVs: 68 HP / 224 Atk / 216 SDef

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Bulk Up

- Mach Punch

- Drain Punch

- Payback

Skarmory (F) @ Shed Shell

Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 160 SDef / 8 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Brave Bird

- Roost

- Spikes

- Whirlwind

Doryuuzu (F) @ Balloon

Trait: Sand Throw

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- X-Scissor

This team is focused on a two-pronged offensive: One involving setting up Rankurusu on walls that can't phaze, and Doryuuzu to clean up. Seriously, try running the Rankurusu I do, and many people will start to lose. Roobushin is set-up fodder to it. Payback is a 3HKO since Rankurusu is actually slower, so you could cycle Calm Mind, Recover, Recover, Calm Mind, Recover, Recover, Psychic. Just hope you can avoid a crit. The really slow Roobushins that run no speed IVs and a -speed nature will win out every goddamn time though.

Rankurusu is the definition of bulky offense though. It has bulk on par with that of vaporeon, stat boosting, recovery, good coverage in Psychic and Focus Blast(Hidden Power Fighting is a fine substitute here), and it's ability is probably one of the best in the entire game, nullifying the effects of Leech Seed, Toxic, Burn, etc. The spread I run lets it take a Pursuit from Band Tyranitar and OHKO back with Focus Blast, unboosted or not.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Is the candle giving you a lot of trouble? I found it odd you had a Shed Shell of the Skarm but not having a pursuit user amongst your team.

I've been trying out Sableye. It's increadible to be fair. Priority Will-o-Whisp+priority recover+ Trickery+ Knock off shuts down so many things it's ridiculous.

Also, i nominate Volbeat for best SpA baton Passing. Mischeveous heart lets him set up a Tail Glow (which is now +3 instead of the previous +2) and pass with priority. Give him a focus sash and he's set.

Is the candle giving you a lot of trouble? I found it odd you had a Shed Shell of the Skarm but not having a pursuit user amongst your team.

I've been trying out Sableye. It's increadible to be fair. Priority Will-o-Whisp+priority recover+ Trickery+ Knock off shuts down so many things it's ridiculous.

Also, i nominate Volbeat for best SpA baton Passing. Mischeveous heart lets him set up a Tail Glow (which is now +3 instead of the previous +2) and pass with priority. Give him a focus sash and he's set.

Doesn't matter if he's Taunt bait. And the candle really doesn't give me any issues, although it does get greedy and keeps trying to trap Skarmory. The occasional Magnezone also shows up. That candle is also really frail, and SR+Spikes kills it quickly.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Well, if taunt becomes that used against volbeat you can always encore if you see it coming. Sableye has trickery to nail other things.

Also, isn't Shed Shell only one use?

Shed Shell is more than one use IIRC.

Well, if taunt becomes that used against volbeat you can always encore if you see it coming. Sableye has trickery to nail other things.

Also, isn't Shed Shell only one use?

Shed Shell is more than one use IIRC.

Yup, it's multiple use (at least in Gen IV).

Can Anyone Help me?

Im trying to get my kadabra to evolve but i cant find anyone to trade with

everyone wants a legendary or some weird Pokemon.

All i want is to trade it then trade it back.

If anyone can help that be great.

im playing pokemon platinum. btw

Kingmickez25.png

Can Anyone Help me?

If you're okay with waiting a day or two, I was planning to do that to get Kingdra. Much better than trading with myself... :razz:

Can Anyone Help me?

If you're okay with waiting a day or two, I was planning to do that to get Kingdra. Much better than trading with myself... :razz:

Yea i dont mind send me a message when u want to

Kingmickez25.png

(19:29:38) +RankingBot: Your rank in Dream World is 400/14494!

Started playing again. Man, how much can the metagame change in just 1 month?

I officially hate inconsistent, it basicly gives you an automatic win for doing nothing. It's complete and utter bul[cabbage].

Anyways, I've swapped my bory for a hippowdon. It's working great actually, abnd I'm considering swaping earthquake on Tyra to super power. Any thoughts?

Yeah, the way the meta is right now, you HAVE to carry some form of priority that works well against Doryuuzu or carry Skarmory.

Still, Rankurusu is the definition of anti-stall, as it can reliably set up on and defeat Blissey, Vaporeon, and many others. It's also got MAGIC GUARD, which is amazingly good. You'd be surprised at how many people try to Toxic or Leech Seed it.

Yeah, the way the meta is right now, you HAVE to carry some form of priority that works well against Doryuuzu or carry Skarmory.

Still, Rankurusu is the definition of anti-stall, as it can reliably set up on and defeat Blissey, Vaporeon, and many others. It's also got MAGIC GUARD, which is amazingly good. You'd be surprised at how many people try to Toxic or Leech Seed it.

What do you give it?

Also, any good toxic spikers out there? I've been using Omastar and he's a little unreliable.

While i do think priority is kinda needed, it's definetly not because of doryuzzu.

Ice Fang hippowdon can counter it and so can, and specially, knock off Gliscor. These aren't either specialized, i've been using a set suggested here a few posts ago and Gliscor shuts down many, MANY things., specially stallers. Sand Veil is also cool.

On a seperate note, I don't like Toxic spikes that much this gen. I've found Paralisis to be way more usefull will all these set up sweepers running around, and nattorei is wonderfull at spreading it and Leech Seed to provoke switches, wich will add on to your spike damage.

And yeah, rankurusu is a [bleep] to take down. Only after nattorei thunderwaves him and power whips him a few times can i actually defeat it.

On a final note, yeah, i hate people abusing former ubers. Skymin, Deoxys, Kyuremu and Garchomp are terrible to face and take down with regular teams :s .

*Randomly jumping into thread*

I need a nickname for a Female Budew for my Pearl Nuzlocke. Taking any legit suggestions. I'd prefer a pun, though.

Does it have Poison Point? Try Poison Ivy.

Hell, even if it doesn't. That's good.

I think the evolved forms are poison-type anyway.

What do you give it?

Also, any good toxic spikers out there? I've been using Omastar and he's a little unreliable.

In terms of Toxic Spikes, Forretress still does the job nicely. Look back a page for the set I use. It's a CM+Recover set with maximum physical bulk.

Can I get a link to the simulator you guys are using?

As in NoCash%DS or battle simulators...

Obviously Shoddy battle for Gen 4 and Gen 5 is linked here; (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79808)

Oh noes advertising.

Regardless, I guess I should make a post, I have played b/w in japanese and put it down after I had completed it, I think I have grown out competitive battling :(

Luck be a Lady

We use Pokemon Online.

I've been seeing a lot of Tentacruels lately, maybe if you have a good Psychic/Ground resist in your wings you can make it work. plus, he can also cause some additional damage.

Barujina answers that nicely, double immunity.