Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Once Smogon gets the metagame going, they're going to ban Shanderaa from normal play if it's using Shadow Tag, as Shadow Tag technically doesn't exist yet.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I read somewhere that they will unable Dream World abilities as they are being released, ie shandeera @ shadow tag won't be allowed until it is released.

day 2 report on gen 5 metagame: I hate Garchomp, i really do. Swapped Burunkero for Tentacruel, while the lack of will-owhisp is a bummer, toxic spikes and rapid spin make up for it. I use hydro pump, but if you want to mess some things up boiling water can cause a burn occasionally.

Nattorei really tears [cabbage] up though. Come in on a resisted attack, thunder wave the switch in, stealth rock and leech seed the turns after that. When you're done, Power Whip to death. It can even survive a +2 Dory Earthquake.

I've found Onokoruzo to be very versatile, With it's massive 140 attack stat, it can outrage without a DD to kill almost any switch in late game, and with Yache Berry it can Get 2 DD's before sweeping, or just 1 if you find the occasional weavile.

I think i'll tryo to develop this team before dfundamentally change it.also, people, get a flying type if you are gong into athis metagame, doryuzzo is just everywhere :(

I tried it a bit yesterday. Had a bit of fun with Roopushin. Mach punch makes up for its [cabbage]ty speed, and iron fist makes that stronger. Not sure if it would be better to have guts and a fire orb instead of iron fist and a life orb/choice band though.

Shandera does ruin it a bit though if I use choice. Life orb means I can use earthquake or something if it tries setting up.

I've found roopooshins to be very well walled by Tentacruel, specially with the liquid ooze trait. Nattorei also shuts it down with Thunder Wave and Leech seed, spcially if it doesn't have bulk up.

I seriously love Nattorei. More often that not players get agreedy and Switch Shandeera in before Nattorei knocks any pokemon out, resulting in them having a choice user paralyzed.

Breloom is a serious threat now, even more than before. Technician and bullet seed give it the edge over gen 4. Nattorei can sort of block and, and Tentacruel walls it.

Day 2: Love onokoruso, yache lets him set up 2 dragon dances to outspeed even Trollchomps. Very rewarding icon_thumbsu.gif

I think i'll try Denchura tomorrow.

Progress so far in Dream World tier:

(21:29:50) +RankingBot: Your rank in Dream World is 1000/7297! (Yay for being exactly 1000 \:D/ )

I must say, roopushin is a force to be reckoned with. He is the first Physical threat to ever down my nattorei without using a fire move.

On that note, I've made some messing around with my team, this is what I've come up with:

Machamp@Lum berry

Adamant

No Guard

255Att, 220HP, 32Spe

-Dynamicpunch

-Ice punch

-Bullet Punch

-Payback

Your standart Lead Machamp from Gen IV, it is as good if nto better than before. 220 HP means he can take extra hits from everything that isn't SE and those 32 speed investments guarantee he can outspeed other champs. I'm tempted to switch Ice Punch to Fire punch, since Nattoreis and Forretress' are running around setting up layers on me. Overall, i quite like him.

Tyranitar@Balloon

Lonely

Sand Stream

255Att, 44SpA, 48SpD, 160Spe

-Earthquake

-Flamethrower

-Outrage

-Pursuit

Balloon gets Tyra a free switch in, plus sometimes people forget to read the battle reports and switch in their Trollchomp to Scarf quake me. Earthquake hits neutral and SE many things. Outrage is to get rid of those dragons. Plus, it's a surprise that usually costs my opponent the match. Pursuit is to get rid of Shandeeras/Dittos and Flamethrower is to KO Nattoreis. I'd say it's the one who takes out the less of opponents, but it's main purpose is to get Sandstorm up for both a) Sunny/Rain abusers and b)...

Doryuuzu@Balloon/Life Orb

Jolly

Sand Throw

255Att, 255Spe

-Earthquake

-Rapid Spin

-Swords Dance/Rock Slide

-Substitute

All the rumours about Dory are true. He is a complete beast. He has been loosing popularity since the beggining of the Metagame, but i think that's because newcomers (like me) often tried to use them early game. The problem being, your opponent is almost guaranteed to have a mach puncher in his team, most likely Roopushin, boasting that massive attack, and Brelloom with it's newly learned Technician (another great threat). Jolly nature is to outspeed other Dorys. This is mostly a early game utility and a late game sweeper. Rapid spin gets rid of the hazards early game without much trouble, and this also allows you to scout their team, since most people will always send in their counter. Earthquake is it's STAB and Substitute lets you survive a candle attack, and revenge it with a Earthquake. Now onto the bolded: I use either Balloon and Rock Slide or Life Orb and Swords Dance. I prefer the first one for a free switch in and all around coverage. Maybe you can use Life Orb and Rock Slide for added damage, but i do not enjoy rapid spinning and taking damage.

Nattorei@Leftovers

Impish

Iron Barbs

92HP, 100Att, 208Def, 108SpD

-Power Whip

-Thunder Wave

-Leech Seed

-Stealth Rock

This guy is awesome. It made giving fire moves to your Physical sweeper a must. He can block all Physical attacks but certain exceptions, liike the already mentioned fire attacks and Rupooshins Drain Punches. I usually Thunder Wave the switch in, Proceed to Leech Seed him for more Recovery and then Stealth Rock. If he stays in, Power Whips kills it almost guaranteed. I'm not sure about those SpD IV's, they're there mostly to survive Draco Meteors and the such. Any kind of Fire Move will kill you though, so be carefull. This thing is amazing nonetheless, it could only be better if it had Rapid Spin. Plus, the candle kills him unless you get lucky and thunder wave it on the switch and you get a lucky parahax streak.

Shandeera@Choice Scarf

Modest

Shadow Tag

255SpA, 255Spe

-Overheat

-Shadow Ball

-Energy Ball

-Psychic

THE best revenge Killer in the game. Many argue Ditto is better, but i found Shandeera More effective, specially because you can always switch of a ditto. Oderheats absolutely murders everything that's isn't resistant or under Rain effect. Shadow Ball is for other ghosts, Energy Ball is a gigantic middle finger to Swamperts and Psychic is to get rid of Roobushins and Brellooms. Not anything else really.

Starmie@Choice Scarf

Modest

Natural Cure

252SpA, 252Spe

-Surf/Hydro Pump

-Thunderbolt

-Ice Beam

-Trick

I always loved Starmie, and while it has sure taken a hit this Gen, specially due to mischevous heart ability, it is still a rock solid Poke. I always had bad luck with Hydro Pump, so i prefer Surf. Thunderbolt is for other water types, Ice Beam is for Dragons. Trick is to screw up Nattorei and the likes. Also to mess with Suicune i guess (which is really underused recently).

This is an example of a match where everything fell into it's place:

[hide]Battle between Demoli and Sup Bro started!

Tier: Dream World

Variation: +7, -24

Rule: Rated

Rule: Sleep Clause

Rule: Species Clause

Sup Bro sent out No Hands! (Kojondo)

Demoli sent out Hulk! (Machamp)

Start of turn 1

The foe's No Hands used Fake Out!

Hulk lost 61 HP! (16% of its health)

Hulk flinched!

Start of turn 2

Demoli called Hulk back!

Demoli sent out Bonfire! (Shandera)

The foe's No Hands used U-turn!

It's not very effective...

Bonfire lost 23 HP! (8% of its health)

Sup Bro called No Hands back!

Sup Bro sent out Seabiscuit! (Gorebyss)

Start of turn 3

Bonfire used Energy Ball!

It's super effective!

The foe's Seabiscuit lost 96% of its health!

The foe's Seabiscuit used Shell Smash!

The foe's Seabiscuit's Defense fell!

The foe's Seabiscuit's Sp. Def. fell!

The foe's Seabiscuit's Attack sharply rose!

The foe's Seabiscuit's Sp. Att. sharply rose!

The foe's Seabiscuit's Speed sharply rose!

The foe's Seabiscuit restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 4

Bonfire used Energy Ball!

It's super effective!

The foe's Seabiscuit lost 9% of its health!

The foe's Seabiscuit fainted!

Sup Bro sent out Candle! (Shandera)

Start of turn 5

Demoli called Bonfire back!

Demoli sent out Beyblade! (Nattorei)

The foe's Candle used Shadow Ball!

Beyblade lost 64 HP! (20% of its health)

Beyblade restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 6

Sup Bro called Candle back!

Sup Bro sent out Chodehead! (Breloom)

Beyblade used Thunder Wave!

The foe's Chodehead is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Start of turn 7

Beyblade used Power Whip!

The foe's Chodehead lost 34% of its health!

The foe's Chodehead is paralyzed! It can't move!

The foe's Chodehead restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 8

Beyblade used Stealth Rock!

Pointed stones float in the air around Sup Bro's team!

The foe's Chodehead used Spore!

Beyblade fell asleep!

Start of turn 9

The foe's Chodehead used Mach Punch!

It's super effective!

Beyblade lost 90 HP! (28% of its health)

Beyblade's Iron Barbs hurts the foe's Chodehead

Beyblade is fast asleep!

Start of turn 10

Demoli called Beyblade back!

The foe's Chodehead used Mach Punch!

It had no effect!

Start of turn 11

Bonfire used Psychic!

It's super effective!

The foe's Chodehead lost 77% of its health!

The foe's Chodehead fainted!

Sup Bro sent out Candle! (Shandera)

Pointed stones dug into the foe's Candle!

Start of turn 12

Demoli called Bonfire back!

Demoli sent out Ceaser! (Tyranitar)

Ceaser is floating on a balloon!

Ceaser's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

Ceaser lost 54 HP! (15% of its health)

Ceaser's Balloon popped!

The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Candle is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 13

Ceaser lost 50 HP! (14% of its health)

Ceaser used Pursuit!

It's super effective!

The foe's Candle lost 67% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Candle is buffeted by the sandstorm!

The foe's Candle fainted!

Sup Bro sent out Porygon2!

Pointed stones dug into the foe's Porygon2!

The foe's Porygon2 traced Ceaser's Sand Stream!

Start of turn 14

Demoli called Ceaser back!

Demoli sent out Beyblade! (Nattorei)

The foe's Porygon2 used Ice Beam!

Beyblade lost 58 HP! (18% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Porygon2 is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 15

The foe's Porygon2 used Thunderbolt!

Beyblade lost 33 HP! (10% of its health)

Beyblade is fast asleep!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 16

The foe's Porygon2 used Shadow Ball!

Beyblade lost 27 HP! (8% of its health)

Beyblade woke up!

Beyblade used Thunder Wave!

The foe's Porygon2 is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 17

Beyblade used Leech Seed!

The foe's Porygon2 was seeded!

The foe's Porygon2 is paralyzed! It can't move!

The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Porygon2's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 18

The foe's Porygon2 lost 26% of its health!

The foe's Porygon2 is paralyzed! It can't move!

The sandstorm rages!

The foe's Porygon2's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 19

The foe's Porygon2 lost 5% of its health!

The foe's Porygon2 fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Sup Bro sent out Sandy! (Hippowdon)

Pointed stones dug into the foe's Sandy!

Start of turn 20

It's super effective!

A critical hit!

The foe's Sandy lost 93% of its health!

The foe's Sandy fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Sup Bro: crit

Sup Bro: seriously?

Sup Bro sent out No Hands! (Kojondo)

Pointed stones dug into the foe's No Hands!

Start of turn 21

Demoli called Beyblade back!

The foe's No Hands used Hi Jump Kick!

It had no effect!

The foe's No Hands kept going and crashed!

The foe's No Hands lost 49% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Bonfire is buffeted by the sandstorm!

The foe's No Hands is buffeted by the sandstorm!

The foe's No Hands restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 22

Bonfire used Psychic!

It's super effective!

Demoli: gg

The foe's No Hands lost 44% of its health!

The foe's No Hands fainted!

Demoli won the battle!

Demoli: Balance has prevailed

Sup Bro: GG! ;)

(21:38:17) +RankingBot: Your rank in Dream World is 917/7300![/hide]

Well, this is my team so far, any suggestions for improvement are really appreciated :thumbup:

It's not like starmie has a monstrous SpA stat, heck most times i need to weaken the foe first, since this Gen brough a pretty nasty Power Creep.

Today progress: (15:45:34) +RankingBot: Your rank in Dream World is 583/7599!

Not too shabby i think. I really need a Fighting poke counter, late game Rubooshins are starting to appear, and they aren't pretty :unsure:

Where is this played, btw?

http://pokemon-online.eu/downloads/Client_17.html

The fact that Starmie isn't going to be destroying things left and right is the reason I opted for boiling water. The power drop isn't going to make much of a difference, and the burn chance is always a nice touch when the thing inevitably survives.

Where is this played, btw?

I use Pokemon Online simulator, it has a better interface than PokeLab, and with a few tweaks it can be the best overall...

Also, while Boiling water does offer that chance of burn, it does not guarantee it. Most pokes love switching in Starmie expecting it to not OHKO it, and while that may be true, a scarfed Starmie WILL 2HKO a lot of stuff, specially stuff that think that are faster, like Garchomp. Boiling Water doesn't 2HKO nearly as much as Surf, and with my kind of luck it will burn like 1/20 of the times i use it.

Another thing: I've seen a lot, and i mean a LOT of Skarmories and Chanseys. Yes, Chanceys, not Blisseys. Aparently that pre-evolution stone is a blessing, transforming chansey in the best Tanker in the game, even explosion can kill it (the nerf didn't help at all either). If not for my Tyranitar, my team would be a Chansey bait, but i still dunno what to do about Skarmories if my Shandeera is out. I usually try to send in Dory to spin away hazard, and hope to god I'm lucky enough to get whirl winded into Starmie or something. Nattorei also stalls it out.

Something with Knock off or Trick invariably destroys Chansey/Munchlax/whatever.

Knock Off isn't really used much though. The best user Gen 4 was Tentacruel i think, and since now Psychic attacks are so common it has really fallen of it's niche spot.

Trick sure is a problem, but nowadays no one is using trick, since you absolutely need your choice item if the Metagame continues to develop this way. I was going to say something else, but i forgot about it o_O

Use Gliscor.

Something like Taunt, Earthquake, Roost, Knock Off. Taunt anything that Knock Off doesn't immediately shut down.

Sand Veil is also cool.

mm, i might try it later then so far I'm having a lot fo fun revenge killing sutff left and right with Shandeera. Overheat is awesome on it :thumbup:

(13:57:58) +RankingBot: Your rank in Dream World is 578/8023

I'm starting to see Scizors running around aswell, higher ranks are a bunch of revenge killing fest, hence Why i don't seem to get any higher than 500's.

Also, people are starting to use Shed Shells to get rid o Shandeera, higher tiers like to use the Skarmory@Shed Shell + Tyranitar with pursuit to get rid of it, thankfully i run Energy Ball and manage to predict some of these instances, otherwise I'd be dead :x .

Dory has been falling of Popularity, maybe because people start getting paranoid once they see Hippowdon and Tyranitar in your team.

Edit: (20:18:08) +RankingBot: Your rank in Dream World is 251/8198!

Is this a good rank or I'm still mediocre? :unsure:

(14:06:11) +RankingBot: Your rank in Dream World is 206/8494!

Bah, rain teams are a pain. Unless i take out their politoed, they pretty much serve you your own ass. Specs Kingdra Obliterates in rain.

Thats the main reason i have Tyra in my team. Some times i even sacrifice him so i can set up the sand so Natto gets higher SpD. I only included Dory because i though that since i already had Sandstorm, why not follow with Dory?

Edit: wow, i dropped 300 rankings in less that 1 hour o_O

I wonder how a double weather team would work? Something like Sand AND Rain in the same team? Would have to be really well built though. The idea would be to have a solid core around one weather for wall breaking and just dealing massive damage, and one core around the other for clean-up. The problem though is that 3 Pokemon are going to have to do the work of 6.

I could see a team made of Politoed, Kingdra, Burunkero, Tyranitar, Doryuzzo and Nattorei/Skarmory@Shed Shell work. Use Burun and Skarm/Natto to wall anything in the game, Tyranittar to revenge kill the candle and Dory, Ludicolo and Kingdra to make the after party.

I could see a team made of Politoed, Kingdra, Burunkero, Tyranitar, Doryuzzo and Nattorei/Skarmory@Shed Shell work. Use Burun and Skarm/Natto to wall anything in the game, Tyranittar to revenge kill the candle and Dory, Ludicolo and Kingdra to make the after party.

Decided to give this a shot, what specs would you recommend?

Decided to give this a shot, what specs would you recommend?

Mmm, let me see...

Politoed@Choice Specs/Life Orb

252Hp, 252SpA, 4Spe

Modest

-Hydro Pump

-Focus Blast

-Ice Beam

-Hidden Power Fighting (if Specs)/ Substitute (if life orbed)

Specs Toad will tear a hole in anything that doesn't resist it, But sometimes, you'll want the extra flexibility life orb brings. Substitute is to grant a bit more resistance against some others. This set probably blows, so i suggest maybe search for the politoed thread in smogon.

Kingdra@Expert Belt

150Spe, 252Att, 106 SpA

Naive

-Dragon Dance

-Waterfall

-Outrage

-Draco Meteor

Draco Meteor a few rounds so you can fake a specs, then nab a free DD and potentially sweep. I've been using this for a while and it works.

Burunguero@Leftovers/Shed Shell

100HP, 100Def, 250SpD, 50SpA

Modest

-Will-o-Whisp

-Recover

-Hydro Pump/Shadow Ball

-Toxic

Support Burunguero made by me. It needs Nattorei Support so they can both wall everything in the game. Will-o-whisp shuts down everything physical, Toxic screws up the set up variety. Recover is your recovery move and Hydo Pump/Shadow ball is there for coverage, choose the one that suits you best. Shed Shell if shandeera is switching a lot into you or leftovers if it isn't

Nattorei@Shed Shell

200Def, 150SpD, 150HP or 100HP and 50Att

Impish

-Leech Seed/Spikes

-Thunder Wave

-Stealth Rock

-Power Whip/Spikes

Nattorei Rocks. Thunder Wave the switch in, leech seed or stealth rock at will. Leech Seed will force a lot of switches, and Thunderwave Shuts down scarfers and set uppers. Stealth Rock makes the switches hurt more. Power Whip if you wanna hurt Dorryuzzu and other stuff or Spikes for extra entry damage. Up to you.

Tyranitar@Expert Belt/Life Orb/Leftovers/Balloon

252Att, 120Def, 70Spe, 60SpA

Naive

-Earthquake/Stone Edge

-Pursuit

-Outrage

-Fire Blast

This set is mostly to middle finger everything in the metagame. Earthquake vs Stone Edge is up to you: More type coverage vs better neutral damage. Fire Blast is the middle finger to Nattorei and Outrage is to surprise the Dragons waiting to nab a free DD. Pursuit is the crux of the set here. Basicly, Lure Shandeera with Nattorei, and swap to Tyranitar for maximum candle whosing. Expert Belt fakes a Choice item, Life orb gives extra power, leftovers is leftovers and Balloon is for a free switch in into dory and blow his pwn balloon away.

Doryuzzu@Balloon

252Att, 252Spe

Jolly

-Swords Dance

-Earthquake

-RockSlide/Brick Break/X-Scissor

-RockSlide/Brick Break/X-Scissor

Regular Doryuzzu, pick your poison on the last 2 slots.

Here's my input, what do you think of it?

Thanks!

2 questions:

-Why expert belt on Kingdra?

-Who leads? Toad?

Expert belt is to fake a Choice Item with Kingdra (and Tyranitar aswell), so you can grab a DD when the oponent things you are going to fire another Draco Meteor

And yeah, lead with Poli and protect him and Tyra for as long as you can, remember, the key to win with this team is to controll the weather.

You think a Lum Berry could work instead on Kingdra? To get rid of that nasty Confusion once? It hits pretty hard with STAB SE-attacks anyway so I think Lum Berry would be more useful than Expert Belt.