Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

I'm playing through my import copy atm. They've upped the difficulty by a ton. The first gym actually changes depending on your starter, in favor of trumping you hard.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

There are a few minor inconsistencies with it though. The blue beetle poke spawns in White surprisingly enough.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

My team is a [bleep]ing barnyard at the moment though. It consists of a fire-breathing pig, a demonic cat, some wooly dog, and what appears to be a clone of Pidgey. But it's made up for by an addition in the form of a ghost zombie mummy coffin thing.

The mummy's ability (poke is named Desukan) is known as Mumnmy, and it apparently changes the opponent's Ability to Mummy if they physically hit him. Think about it, reversing Breloom's Poison Heal, nullifying Levitate on some pokes...

Question in any the pokemon seris manga, games, anime ect. Are they shown to eat meat?

Yeah, if some of the anime episodes and pokedex entries are anything to go by.

I'm soo getting a DS if 3DS doesn't come out by the next spring. Pokemon Black is waiting for me, how can you favour a mecha to an ancient dragon and Wargle and a Power Ranger <.<

Aparently Serebii found the 6th sage, aswell as the ice dragon legendary.

Also, how do you check your highscores in shoddy, i can't find anything :S

My knowledge of absolutely no Japanese is going to make playing through this a [bleep]. I'm gonna give it a go though. If I like it enough I think I'm going to pick up a DS and all the Pokemon games for it when they come out in English.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

If you guys need some help translating a few things:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78929 is a basic list of translations

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79030 has translated most of the new moves and abilities, you'll probably be able to find everything you need on the list.

And besides, this is Pokemon. I don't know a bit of Japanese but I'm gunning through the game, so...

Well yeah, but aparently this game has a lot of good narration and maybe, just maybe, a genuinely interesting plot. I'd love to know every detail about the story and aftermath, event Smogon, PxP and Serebii only say the locations and such, and not the dialogue.

Also, GF might have just pulled the single greatest [bleep]move in history: They remixed Red/Blue champion song, only to give it to the E4 champion.

Just caught the first in the legendary trio. I go to a cave to catch Kibago, and bump into this dude. He hits like a goddamn truck. Thankfully, I'm packing Ultra Balls.

You can actually get him before the 7th gym.

New poll for next tournament. Should we allow evolutions of the first 2 generations that appeared in the later generations?

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Please no. It would be kinda of against the spirit of this tournment imo.

Also, Niflheim, can you confirm the 16 badges?

I don't think there are 16 badges. There is a sidequest to hunt down seven sages though. I'll say that the Elite 4 is actually pretty damn hard though, and that's not the end of it:

[spoiler=Events *MASSIVE SPOILERS*]After beating the Elite 4, you can take an elevator down into the mountain to face the champion, but things get ridiculous. You now have ANOTHER dungeon to traverse, and no way of getting back to a Pokemon Center until late into the dungeon.

Once you reach the end, the leader of Team Plasma, N, will accidentally summon the cover legendary for your game, and you can kill or capture it. After that, you can take a quick rest, then heal up. You'll then engage N himself, but there'll be a prompt if you want to swap the legendary into your party.

He's packing the other legendary for you to fight, and it's at an extremely high level, moreso than the previous Elite 4. He also has other pokes like Zoroak and that Kibago evo to contend with.

After defeating him, you'll have to contend with the true leader of Team Plasma, and he's got another 6 pokes. He's got Sabazio for [bleep]s sake. Beat this one, and you'll have won.

And holy crap Cynthia is in this game and is packing a ton of dragons. All with those [bleep]ing Yache Berries.