Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Yeah, Kanto in Gen 2 had that empty and shallow feeling, on top of what you mentioned, Lavander town's cemetery was destroyed so they could build a Radio Tower (WTF?), Silph Co was closed (i think), Cinnabar erupted, Seafoam islands were closed off, Pewter's Museum was also closed, Mt Moon was destroyed and so on.

It had a great feeling to it though, and Red is my favourite boss fight until now :thumbup:

Also, I think rating the Legendary trio is the best way to judge the generations, The pixie trio was awefull and the Regis weren't that far behind. Musketeer trio and legendary brids are okay, and legendary beastas are outstanding.

For me I would say 1 > 3 > 2 > 4, I always liked gen 3 alot more then gen 2 for some reason.

Are there any pokemons in gen 5 that are evolutions from the older ones? I'm guessing no as the area is apparantly far away but thought it was worth asking as I can't find it anywhere..

Doomy edit: I like sheep

For me I would say 1 > 3 > 2 > 4, I always liked gen 3 alot more then gen 2 for some reason.

Are there any pokemons in gen 5 that are evolutions from the older ones? I'm guessing no as the area is apparantly far away but thought it was worth asking as I can't find it anywhere..

None. Not even the one that would have been a perfect Luvdisk evo.

I'm really disappointed in that. I would have loved some more evos. God knows Dunsparce needs it.

I'm really disappointed in that. I would have loved some more evos. God knows Dunsparce needs it.

Guessing it's a lot like gen3. I'm pretty sure the only evos to older pokemon were Wynaut and Azurill.

I'm sensing a pattern. Odd numbers are reboot-style, even numbers expand on older mechanics, especially evolution and battle. 2 had the special split, 4 had the movetype split. 3 was the first real 'hd' one and the first to take place entirely in a new region. and 5 is considered a reconstruction with only two old characters.

Farfetch'd desperately needs an evolution as well.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I think Farfetch'd is more of an inside joke than anoything else. I meand, look at him, then at the name, then back at him. Now tell me that wasn't some kind of joke, specially when he gets more and more nerfed each generation.

I say Spinda also needs an evolution, but yeah, dunsparce is the one to need it badly. That and Luvdisc. How in hell isn't Mamanbou a Luvdisc evo? :blink:

Well, this looks as good a place as any.

That link has a deviantart link to a.... gallery of a certain artist's rendition of a handful of the original 151. Don't go to it unless if you're ready. Every single one of these looks like they'll eat your soul through the monitor. Also, as a bit of an aside, am I the only one who thinks this guy's Lickitung looks like the Adjudicator?

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I think Farfetch'd is more of an inside joke than anoything else. I meand, look at him, then at the name, then back at him. Now tell me that wasn't some kind of joke, specially when he gets more and more nerfed each generation.

I say Spinda also needs an evolution, but yeah, dunsparce is the one to need it badly. That and Luvdisc. How in hell isn't Mamanbou a Luvdisc evo? :blink:

Probably because they didn't want people getting the previous generation's Pokemon before the National Dex through breeding or something? ._o

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

It has, but it's not worth it for a while, everyone is using Choice Band Onokurusu, Specs Sazandora and Nattorei+Burunkero walling combo to destroy everything.

Not only that, but fi you want to bring in Skarmory, you'll be greeted by a Shadow Tag Shandeleeza, which will fry you good.

The only Past Gen pokemon to survive there is Chomp, Mence (which both broke Gen 4 metagame) and Scizor, which is still heavily crippled with Scarf Shandeleeza, so no dice for now. I'd wait for smogon to adopt the Gen 5 before going on other simulators.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80342

Clarification: Only released Pokemon with Dream World abilities will be allowed on official Smogon tournaments and ladders (Ubers, Standard, UU, NU, LC, and VGC). This decision is final. There will likely be an unranked DW ladder too to play around with. This poll and topic are to just get your opinions out there and bring up any issues that should be addressed.

Only abilities that have been released will be allowed, so no Shadow Tag Shanderaa or the weather Politoed/Ninetales.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Will be very fun to play around with a lot of the new stuff in general. Items especially... Think I caught something that Smogon missed, would like to see if anyone else finds it by the time they get 5th gen.

Noteworthy: Starting Friday the 10th anniversary Mew will be up for download in NA and Europe.

Also wondering if anyone would be interested in AR codes for the Celebi/Beast events.

I've read pokemon online has some form of fifth generation gameplay available.

Nah, the dude pulled the server offline. Some legal nonsense from Nintendo or something.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Aparently Smogon is making Stealth Rock a "Clause only" move, like double team.

All i can say is THANK HEAVENS! I friggin hate Stealth rock and what it has done to the metagame. Too bad it took an entire gen to understand that.

Eh, I think Stealth Rock should stay. There's gotta be something that can unconditionally break sashes. Nothing else gives you a 100% guarantee of breaking a sash.

Spikes: Levitaters and Flying types are safe.

Toxic Spikes: Steel, Poisons, and Spikes-immune are safe.

Sandstorm: Ground, Rock, and Steels are safe.

Hail: Water, Ice, and Steels are safe.