Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

I swear, there are quite a few unfortunate implications this gen. The pokemon Monmen only appears in Pokemon Black, is the Cotton pokemon, has an ability called "Pickpocket", and it evolves into a dark-skinned sheep. I bet it's English pokedex entry will say it's 3/5ths of a pokemon too.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I swear, there are quite a few unfortunate implications this gen. The pokemon Monmen only appears in Pokemon Black, is the Cotton pokemon, has an ability called "Pickpocket", and it evolves into a dark-skinned sheep. I bet it's English pokedex entry will say it's 3/5ths of a pokemon too.

There's also the fact that Wargle, the red, white, and blue eagle, is only in white, the fact that black is supposedly in a more urban setting, and (If I'm not wrong) that Plasma's uniform looks like a crusader's while they're trying to get equality for Pokemon via segregation.

There's also the fact that Wargle, the red, white, and blue eagle, is only in white, the fact that black is supposedly in a more urban setting, and (If I'm not wrong) that Plasma's uniform looks like a crusader's while they're trying to get equality for Pokemon via segregation.

Considering that the USA is more religious than most first-world countries, the game is based on New York City, and these dudes are crusaders trying to "free" pokemon through force and irrational belief...

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Has anyone played the mod of Fire Red called Ash's quest? It follows the manga adventures of Ash in the first series. I got it from a friend the other day and I have to say it is brilliant. Made me nostalgia hard.

2v8sgvs.png

Please remember that although it's released in Japan, using emulators to play the Japanese versions are a violation of copyrights and therefore against the rules.

Not necessarily. Emulators are not illegal at all. As for the ROMs themselves, it depends. There are enough court cases for and against it being against copyright that I'd rather not derail this topic in that direction.

And holy crap difficulty spike. Why the hell are trainers packing lv 65s after the Elite 4, when the highest there was level 55 or something?

In regards to it being against the rules, I'm not sure if it says anything in the rules for the forum. I'd have to look.

EDIT: The Forum Rules say nothing about copyrighted material other than the site's.

I thought it was that the emulator itself is legal, though not necessarily the games that go on it. There's stuff about emulators being able to play fanmade games, for example.

There was a forum thing where the rule was that it wasn't okay to tell others where to get the ROMs though.

Aparently, when B&W are released overseas, all tiers are going to reset, essencially meaning a week of Ubers.

Also, rumours are you will now be able to see your oponents team before the match starts. Is this the end of scouts?

Aparently, when B&W are released overseas, all tiers are going to reset, essencially meaning a week of Ubers.

Also, rumours are you will now be able to see your oponents team before the match starts. Is this the end of scouts?

Why would the tiers be reset? They're based on usage so they should just be able to look at what's now being used a lot and what isn't being used as much anymore.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Imo, this is how they should do it:

-All Legendaries automatically get sent to Ubers, unless they have an OU BST

-Any Pokemon that play like non-Legendary Ubers get sent to Ubers, so pseudo-Salamence, Wobbuffet, Garchomp, etc.

-Everything else gets dumped into Suspect

I think the logic is that there are enough new toys that usage is guaranteed to change everywhere. Politoed and Ninetales are NU currently, for example. And there are bound to be some mons that fill the same niche as the current ones, but better.

Then there are the dream world abilities...

Serebii released their B&W pokedex. http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/586.shtml

This pokemon has a tree growing out of its head. All arguments are invalid.

Trying to see if any other interesting pokemon have different seasonal forms. If they're all as neat as this one, I might actually be truly excited for this game.

hzvjpwS.gif

3DS info! Kind of relevant!

During Nintendo's conference today, Nintendo announced the release date and pricing of their upcoming handheld, the Nintendo 3DS. The 3DS is due for release in Japan on February 26th 2011 and in America & Europe in March 2011. It is set to retail for 25,000 Yen which equates to $300. The Wii was at a similar pricepoint and retailled at $250. The 3DS has also been announced to have a Virtual Console for old GameBoy and GameBoy Advance games meaning it is possible that the Pokémon back catalogue will be released on their Virtual Console before too long.

From Serebii