Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

HOLY [cabbage]!!!

Base 140 attack and 95 speed? Are they crazy?

I know right? And it IS confirmed it gets Dragon Dance, making it Uber-er than Chomp?

BST's are not that high, but the stats are very well distributed. The starters really suck though.

Wargle also has a 123 Att stat. And many many others.

I love GF (and hate them for the Starters)

With any luck, they'll give that thing a crappy moveset like Flareon's.

Yeah, 120+ stats are being given away like candies. Kibago evo also learns dragon dance and dragon tail, and most likely dragon claw.

so yeah, loads of psuedos are going to ubers if the rest doesnt keep up. (which honestly, they seem they will)

There seems to be no real defense in the generation at all. It depends on reliable recovery moves of course, but the only real amazing wall I see from this generation will be Nattorei (#598). Base 89 HP, 94 Atk, 131 Def, 116 Sp Def. It has good stats in all of the right places, so hopefully GF didn't screw us too badly (the dark/fighting type seems to be defensive with amazing offensive STAB typing >.<).

Desukan (#563) looks decent as well for a defensive Poke as long as it has access to recovery. There seems to be a real absence of decent special attackers, which proves just how attack-based this metagame will be. The only ones that jump out at me are Zoroark, Agirudaa (#617) and Shanderaa (#609). I also didn't take a look at anything that was legendary as legendaries are based more around move pool, and their tiers will be based around that. Also glad that it looks like Zeburaika is going to be a different Infernape. Is going to have a U-turn like electric move, 116 base speed, 100 base attack. Not too shabby, although the electric squirrel let me down.

Going to be a very offensive metagame unless they nerfed something else I'm not aware of.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

Didn't a new pokemon game just come out like a couple of months ago. They really are milking this one then if they can release games with a few months interval...

Ooh well, nothing will ever be better than the first 151. :unsure:

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

I use Kingdra all the time. Does that mean it will spare my life?

I use Kingdra all the time. Does that mean it will spare my life?

No love for Kabutops? :cry:

Rain Dance teams are getting a GIANT boost. Tons of mons getting hydration as well.

Kabutops is Scizor-bait and can't do much. Plus, Kingdra has better defense and STAB-coverage.

I think that Dark/Dragon is a possible ubers candidate. It can freely spam Draco Meteor without stat drops ._.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

What are its stats? Aggron can spam a 150 base power + STAB attack with no side-effects and similar accuracy, yet it's still UU.

92/105/90/125/90/98.

Add on a lack of a 4x ice weakness or Stealth Rock weakness, and the fact it looks ridiculously powerful....

It also has Levitate as another ability to use. Seriously, it's Latias minus some speed and with all the power behind Draco Meteors, minus a huge Pursuit weakness. We're talking about the goddamn DRAGON typing, which is as good as Psychic was back in Gen 1.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I looked at all the current new dream world abilities picked out the ones that look epic.

Heres some of the competive game details that really change the gameplay of certain Pokemon.

The Torchic Tree's Dream World Ability is Speed Boost: Speed Boost: Boosts this Pokemon's speed by 1 stage each turn.

The Treecko Tree's Dream World Ability is Unburden: Speed is doubled for this Pokemon when an item is consumed.

Lapras's Dream World Ability is Hydration: Heals All Status Problems in Rain for this Pokemon.

The Charmander Tree's Dream World Ability is Solar Power: In Sunlight this Pokemon does 1.5 more damage from special attacks but Hp decreases each turn.

The Vulpix Tree's Dream World Ability is Drought: Sunlight comes when this Pokemon is sent out.

The Abra Tree's Dream World Ability is Magic Guard: This Pokemon only takes damage from attacks.

Politoad's Dream World Ability is Drizzle: Rain comes when this Pokemon is sent out.

The Gible Tree's Dream World Ability is Rough Skin: When a Enemie Pokemon attacks with a Physical Attack they are hurt.

I'm with ALG in this, Kibago's evo will definatly be Uber before the hydra, don't know about about Mothra though, even the chandelier could be well used in Ubers.

Edit: At least from level ups, The Dark Dragon does not get boosting moves. Whichi means it will be stuck in OU, probably being a specs user.

Now kibago, Kibago has not only Dragon Dance at early 30's, but it also learns swords dance as Ononokuruso in early 50's. A single swords dance from this thing with completely overkill anything that isn't a steel type.

Mothra also gets Heat Wave and Bug Buzz, specs will obliterate in this thing.