Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

I think there is a 3DS thread already, but it's nice to know old pokemon games will be available :mrgreen:

Also: When does the new tournment start?

Been distracted lately. I'll try and get it up within a week or so.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Judging from what I've seen so far, my in-game team would be something along the lines of...

Starter (haven't decided yet)

Gochiruzeru (dual screen utility pokémon)

Shandera (special sweeper)

Kirikizan (physical sweeper)

Furiijio (special wall)

Nattorei (physical wall)

This is just what I'd try to go for if the game were to come out tomorrow, trying to make a team that consists entirely of fifth gen pokémon with decent type/role coverage. As far as I can tell Gochiruzeru is the only version exclusive pokémon on that list, and that can easily be fixed thanks to Wi-Fi trading. Obviously by the time the game comes out over here I'll probably have changed my plans more than once, but this is what I came up with on my first try.

I'm not going to be able to do a tournament for some time due to school. If someone else wants to start up a tournament, feel free. I'd suggest opening a new topic just for the tournament, and let this thread serve to discuss the Gen V developments and anything else non tournament related.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Oh and for anyone that didn't already know, Shoddy 2 is out (Pokemon Lab). It's on smogon's frontpage.

I suppose I'll get a tournament started, if enough people are willing to participate.

If you want to participate, just post here with the type of tournament you want. It's going to be Swiss, but mention if you want it to be Gen 2 only or just a general tornament.

Ok so everyone's in agreement? Just making sure. Waiting for posts then.

If everyone is busy with school and can't compete in a full-on- tourny (I know I'll have some problems), maybe it's better just to have an inter-TIF ladder?

For example, everyone who wants to participate can. Once you've played 3 matches you get ranked on the ladder, and your ranking is determined by your W/L.

Could have multiple ladders, the Gen II, IV, and V ones are the most obvious, but that's another step altogether, what do you guys think?

Well, just do something like this, just play games against other TIF'ers, and record wins and losses. This way, you play a "rated" match whenever.

Ok, well it appears we are the only two people posting on this thread and thus the two people willing to do the tourney, so unless more people post I don't think it'd happen.

Which gen was your guys' least favorite

IV.

I mean, come on.

Only thing I really liked about it was the physical/special split and new moves like Close Combat and U-Turn, but otherwise, it really turned the metagame into an aggressive one.

Yeah, i really hated Gen 4, it had the worst designs and, my personal grudge, made a buffed Outrage, which could only be utilised by a select few, namely Dragonite, my favourite mon, widepsread by a variety of pokemon, among which Garchomp and the one to steal Dragonite's spotlight, Salamence.

My order of preference is: Gen 4 < Gen3< Gen 1 = Gen 5 < Gen 2

I like 5 and 1 equally atm, after the metagame evolves we'll see who becomes number 2.

Yeah, i really hated Gen 4, it had the worst designs and, my personal grudge, made a buffed Outrage, which could only be utilised by a select few, namely Dragonite, my favourite mon, widepsread by a variety of pokemon, among which Garchomp and the one to steal Dragonite's spotlight, Salamence.

My order of preference is: Gen 4 > Gen3> Gen 1 = Gen 5 > Gen 2

I like 5 and 1 equally atm, after the metagame evolves we'll see who becomes number 2.

You're using greater than and less than symbols wrong. You would want Gen 2> Gen 5 = Gen 1 > Gen 3 > Gen 4

Which gen was your guys' least favorite

I'd have to say Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire/FR/LG. III, I guess would be? ._o

GSC was my favourite one, easily. Especially the Kanto section. Everything kinda felt like it was dying or fading away over there. I don't know how to put it, and I might be nostalgia'ing a bit, but everything was kinda falling apart. The Safari Zone was closed, Viridian Forest cut down, I'm sure there was some other stuff, too. A lot of it was probably because there wasn't as much memory on the little Gameboy things, but it still felt weirdly good. And Mt. Silver was awesome. Fighting Red was the coolest thing ever. Especially going into it blind and then finding him and being like O: .

I haven't played HG/SS, but I'm guessing they made it all happy and full and stuff again. It would be great if they had made Kanto all crazy dystopic and stuff. :3

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men