Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

@ previous posts: sorry if i use japanese name, I've been using them for what, 4 months now? The habit makes the monk...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO blaziken is banned. I have no idea how did that thing survive two rounds of testing. The only counter it has is Slowbro, everything else gets KO'd by it's 130,120 STABS and Shadow Claw.

I just hope D-S and Latios aren't banned next round, they really shouldn't, they have enough checks to be great but not overpowered.

Well, speed boost on a sweeper like blaziken is kinda cheap, especially with its movepool being able to s.e. Hit just about everything in ou. I can't wait though to see the reactions from serebii people, seeing as the last time one of their favourite sweepers was banned (garchomp in gen4), they seemed to take it personally/like the act was a personal vendetta against them.

div>

I'm training my terrakion and other pokemon at route 10 before I face the elite four, and it starts to rain heavily. So I'm excited, I save before I do anything else. I run into the grass for a bit and sure enough I run into thunderous. I throw a quick ball and it doesn't work. So I think i can restart and try again. I do that but when my game loads, there is no more heavy rain. But after about three or four wild battles, the heavy rain starts up again. I save and throw another quick ball, no luck.

I was wondering if you guys have any tips for catching this thing before national dex, and with a decent nature no less.

Also, my game is in the autumn season right now and I my in-game clock is around ~23:11 at the time of writing. Furthermore, if thunderous flees and I do not leave the route, will he still be on the same route? Or do roaming pokemon move once they flee?

You can only change the nature of legendaries post-e4. Best advice I can give is to put'm to sleep, then slowly widdle his health down to 1hp/attempt capture. Dusk balls at night are the cheap alternative to ultra balls...

div>

Well, I found a few decent spec wall solutions that may work, but the best one yet involves an offensive variant of clefable. Moveset so far is stored power, cosmic power, and moonlight. Don't know what to add as a 4th move. Another option would be ludicolo, but I fear that the dual-grass of ferro/ludicolo could open me up to a few more weaknesses.

div>

Still a long way from competitive battling, but holy crap is this game a lot of fun to play. I've gotten six badges in two days, and it never really felt like a chore. There are so many subtle (and not-so-subtle) improvements that really made me wonder why they didn't do things like this three generations ago. The only thing that has really bugged me so far is that they pushed the availability of a lot of the really good TMs back past the Elite 4 to offset the fact that they're infinitely reusable now. Only decent one I've found so far is Thunderbolt.

Is it possible at all to get a Drilbur after the first gym? The swirling dust in the Wellspring Cave just doesn't want to appear.

White version if it matters.

You can get it, but it's rarer (22% more to be exact). Keep trying though.

@necromagus: try surfing around/looking in caves, and you can find a bunch of good ones (ie: earthquake/dragon claw at victory road). Infinitely usable tm's are definitely better though, or more precisely, less annoying.

div>

So now I get what you mean by the legendary after e4 comment foursideking. I now have a lax zekrom. :thumbdown:

Edit: Caught thundurus pretty easily. Got a naive nature as well. :thumbup:

Now I have to train my pokemon before I explore the rest of unova. My pokemon are about level 50, but all these new trainers have level 60+. wth

You can get it, but it's rarer (22% more to be exact). Keep trying though.

@necromagus: try surfing around/looking in caves, and you can find a bunch of good ones (ie: earthquake/dragon claw at victory road). Infinitely usable tm's are definitely better though, or more precisely, less annoying.

You can't get the Earthquake TM until post-E4 unfortunately.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

@orpheus: are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure all you need is surf/strength to get all the items there, both of which are available waaay before you hit the elite 4. Oh, and I restarted my white version due to certain annoying things (namely the lack of happiny in my white forest, the bold nature zekrom, and the fact that solosis is pretty sh'tty when you face the elite 4 for the second time). Gonna try a new team/setup though: otterwott, minccino, petilil (my new favourite 'play through' pkmn), and either venipede or darmanitan. Oh, and 2 weeks till I start building my competitive team (gonna wait till I can get my hands on a 3ds before I poketransfer. Mind you, with my current bank account, a mere 200 shouldn't matter too much to me...

div>

Now I have to train my pokemon before I explore the rest of unova. My pokemon are about level 50, but all these new trainers have level 60+. wth

I was in the mid to upper 40s at that point. They really aren't that hard. Sure they're level 60+, but a lot of what you'll fight are unevolved 'Mons from previous generations. The final boss is far harder.

I was in the mid to upper 40s at that point. They really aren't that hard. Sure they're level 60+, but a lot of what you'll fight are unevolved 'Mons from previous generations. The final boss is far harder.

Thanks, that is pretty reassuring. I did fight one guy with a crogunk that was pretty harmless. I'll probably start exploring there then.

Those pkmn are still difficult, which is why I'd advise practicing/training on the sports domes first. Also, zaaps, your birthday was a few days ago? You should've told us :P. Either way, you have a jolly natured/perfect atk-spe iv axew on my black version waiting for you, I'll give it to you once I get wifi.

div>

Those pkmn are still difficult, which is why I'd advise practicing/training on the sports domes first. Also, zaaps, your birthday was a few days ago? You should've told us :P. Either way, you have a jolly natured/perfect atk-spe iv axew on my black version waiting for you, I'll give it to you once I get wifi.

Haha oops! Yeah thanks a ton for saving that one, I have wifi setup, so anytime you're set just tell me ;)

Also, does anyone know what's up with the Global Link? I tried connected to it earlier but it just decided to tell me to gtfo, despite me having all the requirements.

Meh, I've overbred 2 boxes of them (should anyone else from this thread want one too). The specific one I saved you though was from an earlier/ingenious idea I had that involved attempting to breed axews with aqua tail. Failed horribly, but the first baby ended up being my 3rd shiny on black, oh, and my 18th 'perfect breed'. If anyone has an idea for a new breeding idea as well, currently up for a new/funky idea.

div>

@orpheus: are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure all you need is surf/strength to get all the items there, both of which are available waaay before you hit the elite 4. Oh, and I restarted my white version due to certain annoying things (namely the lack of happiny in my white forest, the bold nature zekrom, and the fact that solosis is pretty sh'tty when you face the elite 4 for the second time). Gonna try a new team/setup though: otterwott, minccino, petilil (my new favourite 'play through' pkmn), and either venipede or darmanitan. Oh, and 2 weeks till I start building my competitive team (gonna wait till I can get my hands on a 3ds before I poketransfer. Mind you, with my current bank account, a mere 200 shouldn't matter too much to me...

The Earthquake TM is on a ledge in Resort Castle, back exit. You can't even get there until the Elite 4 is defeated, wherein sand will fill the basement and you can go through another door.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Oh yeah, forgot it was there. Still though, most of the tm's pre-e4 are pretty usable. That and just about every pre-e4 pkmn has a decent movepool...that is every one minus tepig, munna, zebstrika, pidove, cottonee....god, this generation of pkmn is horrible! At least they gave us a way to get our good teams off hg/ss.

Oh, and in game news: my drilbur killed 2 audinos, gained a crapload of xp, and I'm now facing the 2nd gym. Also taught drilbur rock smash, allowing him to thuroughly abuse his whopping 41atk!

div>

Just made it to white forest with about 31/32 hours played. Do new people come to replace them or do they stay? nvm. I read the serebii page. I guess I will have to find access to black city somehow.

So I was at giant chasm looking for ice beam and I came across a metang. It was level 65, came with zen headbutt/agility/meteor mass, but quirky. Oh well, I'll take it!

So I was at giant chasm looking for ice beam and I came across a metang. It was level 65, came with zen headbutt/agility/meteor mass, but quirky. Oh well, I'll take it!

As far as I could tell, Metang is pretty common there.

Apparently you can find Metagross in the shaking patches.

That's cool. I read you can catch sneasel in that cave as well. Also, I really like how any semi-meaningful discussion you have with the seven sages seems to be interrupted by looker and his ridiculous music.

Current update: on the 6th gym now, and I can honestly say that getting drilbur has paid off huge. Thing is a fricken destroyer, 120atk/100spe at lv31, and I have dual stab with bulldoze and metal claw. Also caught a minccino, thing is cruddy as hell (had to xp share it to lv40 for it to have remotely the same stats as my lv32 ottah). Lilligant is deadly as hell, taught it teeter dance to go well with the whole 'dance,dance,dance,drain' theme I want it to have. Oh, and I caught an emolga thinking it could learn fly...biggest waste of an ultra ball ever!

Oh, and if someone wouldn't mind pm'ing me links to the serebii pkdex pages of lilligant, drilbur, and cincinno, it'd really help (seeing as I'm having trouble accessing them)

div>