Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Actually... that is genius. Excadrill switches into Tyranitar, picks up the speed double thanks to Sand Rush, can't be hit by EQ due to Balloon, replies and guarentees a OHKO on Tyranitar after SD. Most Hippowdon can't touch Levitating Pokemon without weaknesses to Ice and Rock. Both SS weather inducers shut down, and once they're taken out, Ninetales comes in for perma sunshine.

Three Steel types leaves weakness to Fire and Magnezone, but EQ can deal with both capably and if that fails, my special sweep runs HP Fire.

Nice. :thumbup:

Most T-tars this gen are mixed. That means Excadrill will most likely be greeted with a Fire Blast if not Superpower (which is also growing more and more common).

Most Hippodwons carry Ice Fang as well this gen, mostly for Gliscor, I believe. Hippo then is able to pop Excadrill's balloon rather easily and KO with Earthquake.

It is mostly there for RS support. I've plenty of firepower elsewhere to deal with those threats.

EDIT: Gastro = 64, Zap = 69.

What I mean is, Rapid Spinning/setting up against t-tar/hippo isn't necessarily as safe as you make it out to be.

As a spinner though, it is actually pretty interesting. It's the only spinner with stab eq, and one of only 2 spinners with swords dance. Not to mention the fact that it is the fastest of all the spinners (with sandstorm active).

div>

Well, my eelektros is done, I think. Trying to figure out which moves to use, rounded it down to either zap cannon/coil/acid spray/gastro or gastro/coil/crunch/wild charge. Last thing I really need to fix is my ferro-tank, and by fix, I mean level it up to lv70 and teach it gyro/curse/power whip. Oh, and I tested out that blissey I did yesterday, and the thing is a f'''ing tank. 375hp, and 150sp.def= near-flawless wall.

Almost forgot to ask, does everyone know the time-reset bug in the pkmn versions? Because if not, then I'd be more than willing to share it.

div>

Erm... Animal Crossing set its own time relative to the DS system's clock, meaning you could glitch a few things there. Is that the kind of time-reset we're talking about? I thought Pokemon just took the system time as truth.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/fz_eevee_pgl_announce-2011-03-28/

I didn't see it on the thread, maybe you don't care but I really like having an Espeon for my psychic type. And some other people might like having an Eevee evolution.

I got Leafeon. Took long enough to win that damn game and I can live with Chlorophyll.

The 'speed up' trick revolves arounds the game's dailies which reset every day at 0:01. If you set your ds clock to 23:59, then wait 2 mins, the game's dailies will reset, thus enabling access to them again. You can theoretically do this trick on any ds pkmn game, and it's a pretty nifty way to net max cash/all your game's swarm pkmn in under an hour.

div>

Really? I thought my full 1/2 page 'rant' on why black is inferior to white kinda changed everyone's opinion. Truth be told: getting black does have some benefits. You're essentially giving up thundurus, zekrom, happiny, porygon, slakoth, magnemite, wooper, and about 50 other dex entries/pkmn for breloom, reshiram, the heavily-inferior tornadus, and a city that can net you quite a bit of money (should you choose, for some unknown reason, to use the trick I posted above).

div>

Really? I thought my full 1/2 page 'rant' on why black is inferior to white kinda changed everyone's opinion. Truth be told: getting black does have some benefits. You're essentially giving up thundurus, zekrom, happiny, porygon, slakoth, magnemite, wooper, and about 50 other dex entries/pkmn for breloom, reshiram, the heavily-inferior tornadus, and a city that can net you quite a bit of money (should you choose, for some unknown reason, to use the trick I posted above).

div>

I think my last post just gave you all the knowledge you really need. Tornadus is essentially a cruddier version of thundurus (as thundurus has a better movepool, and dual-stab, wheras tornadus just has mono-stab/best move being hurricane). Reshiram (in today's competitive uber tier) is entirely useless, as the fire stab tends to hit most things for nve, wheras zekrom (the pkmn from white version) has a dual stab he can abuse fully on threats like kyogre. Black city is only really there if you want to make obscene profit (10 trainers, 10k each per win), wheras white forest gives you essentially free access to every major ou tier threat (blissey from happiny, porygon2 from porygon, magnezone from magnemite). As for the playthrough game differences, petlil is better than cottonee, and reuniclus is far better than gothitelle (until dw abilities are released). Minor differences include black having access to murkrow/breloom, compared to white having access to parasect/misdreavus. But aside from all that, they're essentially the same game /sarcasm/.

Oh, and I just found out 2 interesting things. Paras/parasect are the only pkmn who can have more than a 4x weakness (they have a 5x weakness to fire in sun/with dry skin). Oh, and smeargle has the lowest base-stat total among all mono-move learning pkmn.

div>

There are apparently action replay codes that can switch between the city and forest, and you need to link between both games with someone to get the most out of either location, all of which are Pokemon you could get through importing from a 3rd or 4th gen game, with those generation's tutor moves. And it isn't like you can get all of the pokemon without linking between the two anyway.

You can get Petlil via ingame trade, and it comes with 20 IVs in everything except special attack (31) and a Modest nature.

I've also been hearing nothing but good things about Reshiram. It hits everything for neutral damage at least, and is pretty much Palkia-level power in the sun.

Zekrom though is diabolically godly. Base 150atk guarantees a 2hko against almost everything in ubers, and 1hkos against anything that gets se hit. Zekrom's atk is so powerful, that it can ohko kyogre (a tough task in itself)

div>

There are apparently action replay codes that can switch between the city and forest, and you need to link between both games with someone to get the most out of either location, all of which are Pokemon you could get through importing from a 3rd or 4th gen game, with those generation's tutor moves. And it isn't like you can get all of the pokemon without linking between the two anyway.

You can get Petlil via ingame trade, and it comes with 20 IVs in everything except special attack (31) and a Modest nature.

I've also been hearing nothing but good things about Reshiram. It hits everything for neutral damage at least, and is pretty much Palkia-level power in the sun.

Yeah Reshiram gets perfect coverage off of Dragon and Fire alone due to Terafire meaning Heatran can't Flash Fire it. Once it gets in, good luck safely swapping in against it.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Yeah i finally got my pokemon white version, and i already have my team figured out:

Samurott

Scrafty

Krookodile

Chandelure

Leavanny

Galvantula

Also, can i connect my DS option in the 3DS to a WpA instead of a WEP? Cause i don't think i can change my router to a Wep :S (if I can, could you pelase tell me how?).

True. Oh, and I ran into my 7th shiny in the past 4 days. Was killing/resetting the nature/ivs of my thundurus via e4, went to check it last night, and it became shiny. Albeit the nature partially sucks (brave, wanted hasty/lonely). Oh, and tm's work like massages now, so to evolve the 2nd stage into leavanny, just keep teaching it return/struggle bug. After 20 of each, it'll evolve automatically the next lvl.

div>

Now that's a useful thing to know. I've been working to complete my Unova dex, and while having a female starter means I can use the GTS for most of it, I hadn't bothered going after Swoobat and Leavanny yet. Also, I find it a bit strange that they've added wild Pokémon like Crobat and Gliscor to the post-E4 game.

I had a bit of a breeding blooper too. I wanted to try out a Belly Drum Darmanitan for some of the post-game content, so I decided to catch two of the Darmanitan outside of the relic castle and breed them until I got an adamant or jolly one. I quickly trained up the first adamant one I got, without checking its ability. Turned out it still had Zen Mode, thus making Belly Drum completely worthless.