Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

So now that I have gone to the dream world, my espeon didn't show up, anyone else have that problem?

I read their FAQ on it, and apparently they haven't actually started that promotion yet.

I was looking around the website and didn't find anything on it.

I think it was on the Global Link site, one of the links along the bottom is for help with the DW, and one of the questions was about why people weren't getting their Eeveelutions.

Yeah I took another look, it's hidden really well.

We can get Eeveelutions? (Or are supposed to, anyway?)

Yeah I noticed that too, not many good ice types. For a while I haven't been playing, picked pokemon back up a few days ago, ready to go to Iris now. Haven't quite headed up to the town yet. Been training, caught a cubchoo that i'm training for an ice type, he's slow as hell, which makes it hell trying to train it against stronger pokemon because its defense isn't that good either, i'm hoping that will change. Caught some dragon type in dragonspiral tower, which i'll replace my Tranquil with it, Tranquil being in my party for the sole purpose of knowing fly.

So now that I have gone to the dream world, my espeon didn't show up, anyone else have that problem?

I read their FAQ on it, and apparently they haven't actually started that promotion yet.

I was looking around the website and didn't find anything on it.

I think it was on the Global Link site, one of the links along the bottom is for help with the DW, and one of the questions was about why people weren't getting their Eeveelutions.

Yeah I took another look, it's hidden really well.

We can get Eeveelutions? (Or are supposed to, anyway?)

http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/fz_eevee_pgl_announce-2011-03-28/

Stupid Druddigon can't learn fly, which makes him the only dragon type I have ever seen that can't learn fly.

Any suggestions on a good flying type? Tranquil kind of sucks and he only serves the purpose of knowing fly in my party.

Stupid Druddigon can't learn fly, which makes him the only dragon type I have ever seen that can't learn fly.

Any suggestions on a good flying type? Tranquil kind of sucks and he only serves the purpose of knowing fly in my party.

The only other easily available flying types are Mandibuzz/Braviary, (S)Woobat, Swanna, Archeops, and Sigilyph. Of those, the last two are probably the best.

Would think my one problem with this gen is the lack of easily available types. Pretty much everything you find early on is weak to flying, there are way too many bug, grass, and fighting types, and barely any worthwhile water, fire, and electric types, and most of the really unique Mons of any type aren't available until the postgame.

How the hell do you expect to get anywhere flying on a woobat

How the hell do you expect to fly anywhere on a spearow? It doesn't have to make sense, it just needs to be a flying type.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Golurk can apparently fly too. So you don't need a flying type as much as a humungous mecha.

I'm now teaching my Golurk fly and imagining that I'm in one of the power rangers megazords.

How the hell do you expect to fly anywhere on a spearow? It doesn't have to make sense, it just needs to be a flying type.

Pic related

[hide=profanity warning]1302831350559.jpg[/hide]

That's how.

The only other easily available flying types are Mandibuzz/Braviary, (S)Woobat, Swanna, Archeops, and Sigilyph. Of those, the last two are probably the best.

Would think my one problem with this gen is the lack of easily available types. Pretty much everything you find early on is weak to flying, there are way too many bug, grass, and fighting types, and barely any worthwhile water, fire, and electric types, and most of the really unique Mons of any type aren't available until the postgame.

They really put together some interesting typing this gen though.

Electric/bug, Ghost/ground, ghost/fire, etc. I taught my Druddigon strength and cubchoo surf just now, getting rid of my herdier (or whatever it's evolved form is called) for my Druddigon. Completely just changed out Victini for Litwik (fire/psychic for fire/ghost)

Now my team looks like:

Samurott

Litwik

Druddigon

Cubchoo

Joltik (His evolved for but I forget the name.)

Tranquil (Still for the sole purpose of knowing fly)

I don't do much major post game competitive battling, just fight friends and stuff. Intend to replace Cubchoo once i'm passed Iris, I just don't like ice type. I'm not sure what i'll be replacing cubchoo with or tranquil. I might replace Druddigon with dragonite when I get the chance, and with that get rid of tranquil all together. I lack a good rock type, and my lack of a psychic type will only last as long as I can't get Espeon.

So thoughts, how does my team look for normal play? Keep in mind I don't use tranquil, ever.

Don't forget ground/flying, pure flying, steel/grass, ghost/ground, pure electric with levitate, and many more. I'm very pleased with what they did.

Don't forget ground/flying, pure flying, steel/grass, ghost/ground, pure electric with levitate, and many more. I'm very pleased with what they did.

I said ghost/ground.

I said ghost/ground.

Pffft, my bad. Point still stands that I'm pleased that they made new type combos.

New poll is going up shortly.

The results of this poll will determine whether I host a new tournament.

They already did Ground Flying too, with the Gligar family.

But yeah, imo the best type combo this gen was that godly Fighting/Dark combo they gave scrafty. Perfect Neutral coverage? I'm in.

They also made an offensive zapdos, a dragon ice and another perfect coverage mon, Reshiram.

I'm guessing you're still doing the main game but if not, Tropius can learn Strength, Fly, Cut and Flash and provides perfect HM coverage with Seal/Bibarel. Braviary and Rufflet provide Strength, Fly and Cut but not Flash if you need a replacement (on White only) for Tropius. No Pokemon on Black provides all three until post-game.

Carracosta can also act as a water HM slave if you're desperate for one, but honestly just choose Archeops because two of the water HMs aren't needed or found until post-game. Acrobatics will tear through teams well enough to pass the game easily with good support. Just be careful with revives; I think its ability will still be in effect if your Max HP stat is odd.